Australian screenshots

Looks great Roy, you seem to have the hang of that Sketchup thingy. :D
cheers
Graeme

Thanks Graeme, I am getting the hang of Sketchup and feel more confident about tackling larger or more complex models, such as central station.

But, I think I'll stick with the smaller scenery objects to enhance the look of a route.

Cheers mate,
Roy

OujQvab.jpg

Just mucking around with tiltshift

Have not looked at trains for years but what I see looks great

Welcome to the Australian Screenshots thread mate, and thanks for your comments.

We do appreciate anything constructive.

Shortly N3V will be releasing the 2019 version of Trainz, which will have even better graphics than we've experienced before. We are all looking forward to this, when our routes will take on a whole new look. Keep a lookout for this.

Cheers,

Roy

Thanks Roy,

My first attempt at a full scale route, have been mucking around with some fictional stuff.

Now I'm fully retired I'll be able to spend a bit more time on Trainz. Just installed the Trainz Dem programme so I can hopefully make the route more accurate.

I will definitely post more screenshots as I go along, so stay tuned - LOL

Cheers
John

Hey all, been a while since I've posted around here so I'll leave this here

8213 leads an interstate service in the early days of NR...

NR-Interstate-Train.jpg

NR-Interstate-Train.jpg

Regards

Last edited:
Tidying up around Central Station and happened to come across a photo of the old hand operated Destination Board. When technology took over, this board was later installed at the Powerhouse Museum.
Unfortunately, I can't locate a good square front-on view photo, so It looks like I'm stuck with a perspective view.

2018-08-15_210105.jpg

Modeled the service lifts on the terminus platforms then added brick pavers. I'm testing a few different colours to see what comes close to the original.
2018-08-15_195655.jpg

An aerial view showing the platform layout - Maybe less red and more beige/brown.
2018-08-15_195951.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

EDIT: This is less red and looks closer to what was installed at Central
2018-08-16_113804.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shots Hewi, I like the water reflection effects.

Hey all,

It's been a bit of a struggle learning way's to weather rolling stock and sadly this is the best I can do, I've put too much time into it and any more time will slow down the release of other stuff.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers.

Hey all, been a while since I've posted around here so I'll leave this here

8213 leads an interstate service in the early days of NR...
Regards

Great shots Hewi. Love those water reflections. Not everyone can achieve them.

Cheers,
Roy

Nice shots Hewi, I like the water reflection effects.

Hey all,

It's been a bit of a struggle learning way's to weather rolling stock and sadly this is the best I can do, I've put too much time into it and any more time will slow down the release of other stuff.

Cheers.

You've done a pretty good job mate. It certainly looks fine and weathered to me. Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Roy

Hey to all creators of NSWGR rolling-stock (passenger and freight) out there.

One of our buddies, Elstoko had recently upgraded and released the NSWGR Protrack range, as well as, the NSWGR range of Signals, which everyone can use freely.

Now he has been busy creating a new mesh library to suit the animation of NSWGR buffers, couplings and air-hoses. See this thread,.. https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...R-buffers-couplings-and-airhoses-mesh-library for more information.

Unfortunately, a large volume of available NSWGR rolling-stock has not been updated to Trainz build 3.5 or higher, which means the new mesh library could be ineffective for any earlier models.

If you are a NSWGR rolling-stock creator, then you may be able to support Elstoko in helping to bring these assets up to date.

Cheers guys,
Roy

Hey Roy,

Those Central Station shots bring back so many great memories especially the old destinations board. Your work is so exceptional.

Use to work the school holidays at Kingswood Station and was allowed to change the boards, close the gates with the old keys and throw the keyed levers.
Had to stand outside when the inspector train use to come through. The good old days on the rails then.

Cheers,
John

Hey Roy

Sydney Terminal looks great mate, you've certainly captured the look and feel. Just one piece of Constructive Critique if I may, the platforms at Sydney Terminal are of the original Brick face type not the concrete. Some also have signalling troughs running along their length.
I love how you recreated the shorter Platforms 12/13 which don't accommodate 8 Car V sets. Had a few times where we arrive and the back half of the rear car is swinging off the Platform because the Signaller had put us in on the wrong Platform. Creates extra work because it then doesn't clear the stick and effectively locks up that part of the Yard. haha
Do you plan to make this model available by any chance?
Keep up the great work mate!

Got to love the view

Testing some 3'6" NZ Trains on the TGR Fingal Line in free roam, this Time the Fruit Salad DA Locos, some NZ freight Cars looking from the F50 Brake Van., Content from Trainzone is great.

Tom
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hey Roy

Sydney Terminal looks great mate, you've certainly captured the look and feel. Just one piece of Constructive Critique if I may, the platforms at Sydney Terminal are of the original Brick face type not the concrete. Some also have signalling troughs running along their length.
I love how you recreated the shorter Platforms 12/13 which don't accommodate 8 Car V sets. Had a few times where we arrive and the back half of the rear car is swinging off the Platform because the Signaller had put us in on the wrong Platform. Creates extra work because it then doesn't clear the stick and effectively locks up that part of the Yard. haha
Do you plan to make this model available by any chance?
Keep up the great work mate!

Thanks Aaron, I always appreciate constructive tips, particularly from people who know what they are talking about.

I've already taken it on board and it only took me 10 minutes to tidy that up. Here's a quick shot of the platform brickwork, including the signalling troughs. I just happened to have a photo taken from platform 4 and there was the brickwork staring straight back at me. So that is a direct image copied onto the platforms.

The model is not complete as yet, however I will be including it in my forthcoming 1950's Sydney route. Sydney Central Terminus will however be in two sections - the main building with the concourse as one asset, and platforms 1 to 15 as a single asset. If I can keep the polys to a respectable level, then I'll upload it to the DLS, otherwise I'll distribute it personally.

2018-08-16_214701.jpg

Cheers mate,

Roy

Hey Roy,

Those Central Station shots bring back so many great memories especially the old destinations board. Your work is so exceptional.

Use to work the school holidays at Kingswood Station and was allowed to change the boards, close the gates with the old keys and throw the keyed levers.
Had to stand outside when the inspector train use to come through. The good old days on the rails then.

Cheers,
John

Thanks John, I do appreciate your kind comments.

You've got some great memories working the desto board mate.

Cheers,
Roy

Now guys, nothing to be alarmed about seeing a mix of various consists sitting at Central Station.

I was just checking consist lengths against certain platforms and to verify that my measurements between each platform were accurate.
2018-08-17_151607.jpg

And to make sure there is adequate space for the triple tracks between platforms 1 and 10
2018-08-17_160615.jpg

No worries!

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Back