Australian screenshots

Ranger_51. I love these new signals. Like you say the dusty overlay does make the indicator more realistic than the plain white. The route indicator font also looks a bit small on the home signal outside the XPT centre. Do you plan to have such things as shunt ahead indications?

Railwayz

Hi Railwayz,

I agree with you on the font size and will need to increase this on the other signals with route indicators as well.

There will be various signals with extra indications such as Shunt Ahead and Calling On etc. These will use the extended signal states so will need an Interlocking Tower Asset or Driver Command to operate. So far I have run into an issue with getting coronas to flash/pulsate but hopefully there's a solution to this so that indications such as Shunt Ahead will display correctly.

Regards,
Ranger_51

Signals look great Ranger_51.

I'm particularly interested in 3 Aspect Signals (Ground and Gantry) , Dolly signals that show a through indication (little green) and 3 Aspect Double Diverge indicators (that can show both left and right diverges) for my South Coast Map.
I love the trips as well, do they operate or are they static? Most people would notice that all Memeboy EMU's have trips fitted so this will be a nice addition to NSW maps.
I really look forward to further updates! :)

Hi Taggy,

There are still a number of single light signals I am yet to do. At the moment I have some of the 2-aspect signals setup with 3-aspect to follow. As with the double light signals, there will be both ground/post (with left and right placement) and gantry variants.

For diverging signals there will be a basic varient (for a single left or right diverge) as well as multi-route variants (for 2 or more diverging routes).

A dolly signal capable of displaying a through indication will also be included as part of the shunting signals.

There is still work to be done to the train stops. At the moment they are just static (although I hope to have them operational at some point).

Regards,
Ranger_51

2817 and bulk liveried 2849 lead 6M48 through Calcium
50201738_277207672945775_6075600289551876096_n.jpg

Ranger_51,

Awesome work there, just what I have been looking for!

The NSW signals that the Cardiff Workshops guys made are great but there a few different signal types missing and it will be great to have some signals that have working shunt/turnout repeater/stencil indications.

I do have one request I'm not sure if its on your to-do list or not but I'd love to see some post mounted versions of the dolly shunt signals?

I look forward very much to seeing your progress.

Keep up the great work everyone!b:)

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the compliment.

There on the list but at the moment only the ground mounted versions are complete.

Regards,
Ranger_51

Hi Taggy,

There are still a number of single light signals I am yet to do. At the moment I have some of the 2-aspect signals setup with 3-aspect to follow. As with the double light signals, there will be both ground/post (with left and right placement) and gantry variants.

For diverging signals there will be a basic varient (for a single left or right diverge) as well as multi-route variants (for 2 or more diverging routes).

A dolly signal capable of displaying a through indication will also be included as part of the shunting signals.

There is still work to be done to the train stops. At the moment they are just static (although I hope to have them operational at some point).

Regards,
Ranger_51

Sounds fantastic mate, thanks for replying. :)

Very nice shots guys, and new locos are always welcomed :)

Just some shots on the V4 upgrade of Goulburn Murray Lines
Early K Class in the pre-dawn approaching Nagambie
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Pulling into the platform road at Nagambie to exchange the "staff" for the next section

On the way to Toolamba again after a short wait for track clearance.

T340 shunting Rushworth on the late afternoon return to Murchison East

Powering away from Rushworth

cheers
Graeme

A few shots from around Sydenham, NSW. The intention was to build only a small section I could run the NSW electric sets on between Wolli Creek and Sydenham (a section of the line I have traveled on often).
I have since become side tracked though with creating various double light signals for the area, which has expanded to include a broader range of signals. I hope to release these soon once I have tweaked a few of the details etc.

I am not qualified to comment on the signals, but the shots in general are awesome !

I've been tied up with grandchildren for the past couple of weeks, so route-building has been put on hold somewhat.

There's certainly been a lot happening on this thread over that period.

Great screenies Graeme, Phil, David, Azer and Kylesy; while Ranger has been working on some new signals. Keep up the great work guys.

I have been doing a little research however and I've noticed that, although there are heaps of pavements, sidewalks, and footpaths readily available; there appears to be a shortage of reasonable driveway ramps. There are some Japanese assets available, which really only suit Asian environments.

So I've begun creating a few driveway ramps that can be used on Aussie layouts. Even though I'm using Sketchup to build them, the size of the files are very low and won't affect frame rates. The pavement spline I'm using with them is gfisher's <kuid:106916:10267> Sidewalk 12FT Curb.

Here are a couple of shots to show you what I mean.

2019-01-14-221518.jpg

2019-01-14-221458.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Its Been a while since I last posted.
the south coast route of mine has had a massive upgrade now containing the highlands line from Moss Vale to Chullora, port botany, Clyde and the Unanderra Moss Vale line with Robertson. all the gradients and everything are in place as well.

Here is a few shots around douglas park.

3801 and 3830 passing Douglas Park with a heritage train to Thirlmere

A great shot Mick.

You've got just the right amount of platform accessories, a good selection of foliage, the track, ballast and consist is perfect, with the shadows switched on, ... it could be the real deal.

Top work mate. By the way, what track are you using? That ballast is spot-on.

Re, the driveway ramps. I'm only experimenting with them at present. It'd also be nice if I could find a way to tilt the parked cars to suit slopes.

Cheers mate.
Roy

A great shot Mick.

You've got just the right amount of platform accessories, a good selection of foliage, the track, ballast and consist is perfect, with the shadows switched on, ... it could be the real deal.

Top work mate. By the way, what track are you using? That ballast is spot-on.

Cheers Roy but all that great work was done by Hewi12 mate on his Model Aussie Route on the DLS just search username Hewi12 and bob's ya uncle.
Cheers Mick.:)

I have been doing a little research however and I've noticed that, although there are heaps of pavements, sidewalks, and footpaths readily available; there appears to be a shortage of reasonable driveway ramps. There are some Japanese assets available, which really only suit Asian environments.

So I've begun creating a few driveway ramps that can be used on Aussie layouts. Even though I'm using Sketchup to build them, the size of the files are very low and won't affect frame rates. The pavement spline I'm using with them is gfisher's <kuid:106916:10267> Sidewalk 12FT Curb.

Cheers,
Roy

It's the little details that make all the difference to a model. Thanks for this contribution Roy.

Back