Australian screenshots

Roy they are really looking great.
1 question are the RH drive one's going to be freeware and the LH drive going to be payware????

:D

Nice work on the kerb and driveways Roy, they will definitely will add to the detail on a route.
More around Geelong

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Nowhere near finished around Geelong, but enough for some shots. Corio ( last shot) needs a lot more work, just the bare essentials at the moment.
cheers
Graeme

Roy they are really looking great.
1 question are the RH drive one's going to be freeware and the LH drive going to be payware????

:D

Thanks Bruce. Of course, all Aussies get first bite of the cherry, and if the aged pension remains in force, then there's not going to be any charges. I guess it depends on who we vote for. lol

Cheers mate,
Roy

Hi Graeme,

How fast are you going through North Shore? looks like you're going about 110 km/h, the speed limit is about 80 km/h for passenger and 40 km/h freight as it's a 500m radius curve, also on the video at about 1:12 the tracks on the right go above the main line by about 3 metres as the main line goes down grade towards St Georges Rd on a 1.23% and then level over Cowies Creek then it's uphill towards Corio.

Cheers.

Fast, you say? You should have seen the Frecciarossa take that bend at 170! :D
I'm just working with what I was given by H222, again... Where the ARTC track was laid only in Albury-Wodonga and I had to do he rest, this one had all of the track laid, obviously with some imperfections, but no signals, roads, trackmarks or scenery. I try to copy the scenery as it was between 2009 - 2012 from google earth, using whichever view is the clearest and streetview to get an idea of the skyline. It will be the best approximation of the route that I can manage with the assets at hand, it will be nowhere near exact but I'll be happy with it. :p
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Here's one of my video's on the section, sadly it's a bit dark, you'll also notice the train slows down slightly for the curve I was talking about.

Have a look at my Youtube as I have a few videos around North Shore, Separation St and Thompsons Rd, sadly we can't walk at the back of the Engine Plant or Bob White Electrics anymore as they fenced it off, I could have gotten photos for you.

Cheers.

Here's an update on what I've been up to lately.

Today I began uploading my first 'Aussie-style' footpath spline and corner asset to the DLS.

These are the kuids,...

<kuid2:508637:22226:1> AUS Footpath Brick w Gutter<kuid2:508637:22227:1> AUS Footpath Corner Brick w Gutter

screen-10.jpg

Over the next few days, I hope to upload several variations of concrete and asphalt footpaths, with matching Corner assets and Driveway ramps.

Now, as you'll eventually find out, I've made them a little wider than what we've been used to. This can be useful for both city and suburban pavements, as well as, allowing for some with grassy strips.

Remember, if you don't like 'em, don't whinge, just delete 'em.

Cheers,
Roy

Nice shots Scott. I hope you are feeling much better now mate.

I've just uploaded another seven Aussie-style footpath assets to the DLS. Here are the kuids,...

<kuid2:508637:22201:1> AUS Footpath Conc w Gutter
<kuid2:508637:22200:1> AUS Footpath Corner Conc w Gutter
<kuid2:508637:22208:1> AUS Driveway Ramp 9m Concrete to kerb
<kuid2:508637:22209:1> AUS Driveway Ramp 6m Concrete to kerb
<kuid2:508637:22210:1> AUS Driveway Ramp 5m Concrete to kerb
<kuid2:508637:22211:1> AUS Driveway Ramp 4.3m Concrete to kerb
<kuid2:508637:22212:1> AUS Driveway Ramp 3m Concrete to kerb

screen-11.jpg

This range also includes five driveway ramps of various widths ranging from 3m for a single entrance, to 9m for a triple entrance.

Remember, if you don't like 'em, don't whinge, just delete 'em.

Cheers,
Roy​

Here are another six 'Aussie-style' footpath assets. The Driveway Ramps have a grassy insert which matches with the grassy footpath spline.

Note: This spline also links up with the Corner asset in the previous post.

screen-12.jpg

I'm currently working on some asphalt footpath assets, which replicate those from "The Rocks" area near Circular Quay. I'll release them shortly.

Cheers,
Roy

Very nice Roy and very much appreciated. No excuses not to make footpaths now!
ANR703 departing Peterborough and heading to Quorn

cheers
Graeme

Thanks Graeme, ... nice screenshots mate.

I was able to upload a few more assets to the DLS, just before they stopped work for their evening meal and binge.

These are the kuids,...

<kuid2:508637:22221:1> AUS Footpath Conc Grass w Gutter 02
<kuid2:508637:22224:1> Aus Footpath Conc 4 w Gutter
<kuid2:508637:22223:1> AUS Footpath Corner Conc 4 w Gutter

<kuid2:508637:22222:1> AUS Footpath Corner Conc 3 w Gutter
<kuid2:508637:22225:1> AUS Footpath Conc 3 w Gutter

screen-13.jpg

These three paths are concrete; and one has a dual grassy strip. This one could be useful for wide and narrow walkways. A wall or hedge can be placed on the strip furthest away from the kerb, making it appear narrower. The driveways mentioned in the earlier post are compatible.

By the way, I've just received notification that all assets posted will be listed on the DLS, within 24 hours.

Cheers,
Roy

Hi Roy,

Nice work on the Nature strips and foot paths, I reckon these will be a big hit and used on allot of routes.

As for modern Geelong...

I feel it should be modelled between 1996 and 2001 and I'll type the following reasons why....

1. Geelong was a busy freight centre around that period and after 2010 it became Grain only as the yard became a grave yard.
2. The Grain was converted to allow Standard Gauge trains due to the Adelaide-Melbourne Standard Gauge Line being built from 1995.
3. Shell Oil Refinery had Daily trains on week day's with 12 to 18 tankers depending on demand.
4. North Shore has two Freight Siding one being Super Phosphate and the other was a crushed Blue Stone or Ballast.
5. North Geelong was still a Freight Centre with VLCX/VLEX/VLVX catering the goods including the Log Trains which started 1997/98.
6. The Fyansford Cement was at the end of it's life with a few trains still running till 1998.
7. Lara Freight Centre was still catering Goods with VLEX and it stopped about 2001/02.
8. Gheringhap was a Gypsum Freight Centre with the Gypsum coming from the Murry Basin and loaded onto Trucks and ended about 2000.
9. Colac and Warnambool are Freight Centres with daily trains between Wanrmabool and North Geelong.
10. North Geelong was so busy a few T's and Y's where always running around the yard setting up Melbourne, Warnambool and Murry Basin trains.
11. C Class, GM's, ALF, CLF Locos running on the new Standard Gauge Line to and from Adelaide until 1998.
12. Geelong Loco depot was highly active with G, H, N, T, W and Y Classes on and off the turn table.

So for 2010+ their is only the Grain, Waurn Ponds Cement and Passenger, all other trains have no interaction with Geelong.

Cheers.

Nice shot Mick, one thing i noticed was the lack of cover for the ticket machine all of the ones i have seen and used were undercover on the platform.

Here are several more assets which I uploaded to the DLS today. There are three different asphalt textures, each with a Corner asset plus a Footpath spline.

I have also included another set of concrete Driveway Ramps. These are a half-ramp from the footpath to the kerb. These will also integrate with the previous upload of concrete footpaths.

When you have a close look at our Sydney city streets and even in the suburbs, there are so many different textures of asphalt, brick and concrete used. Nothing is uniform. This would keep a model creator in business for a decade trying to copy them all. By the way, I have no intention of going down that track.

screen-15.jpg

Remember, if you don't like them, ditch them!

Cheers,
Roy

xGzFO60.jpg

ZecRail's D1 508 leads a short passenger set out of Healesville on a dark stormy morning.

Have been playing around with upgrading Healesville to TRS19 standards, including creating some new ground textures :) This is just a few experiments with TurfFX and PBR textures to get a feel for it, before I truly dive into things...

Regards
Zec

Back