Australian screenshots

620-problem.jpg

Does anyone know why the seats are sticking out, and how I would go about fixing it?

The Mz looks bit wrong, as if the front is too wedged. I was raised with Class Mz in Denmark so I know almost every detail of it.

Try to compare it a bit, or as best as you can, but you can easily see that the one made in Trainz looks bit wrong.

It's a pretty good effort without access to any diagrams.
If you think you can do better I'd like to see your attempt!

Hey all, been playing around with TRS19 some more as of late.

NSW-44-%2B-45.jpg

Regards

Ok wow, I had to look twice then. I honestly thought I was looking at a picture of a real train. I wish I could have the lighting settings you have. haha

I've started making several variations to my driveways and paths already and added a 90 degree corner asset. This one includes drain grating which I hadn't previously thought about.
2019-01-23-163406.jpg

They are designed to work with 'textured roads' or DLS roads without footpaths. The driveways will be set at 3m, 4.3m, 5m, 6m and 9m.
2019-01-23-163428.jpg

The spline paths at this stage will be either concrete slabs only or concrete slabs with a grassy strip.
2019-01-23-163445.jpg

The corner piece will fit both footpath splines.
2019-01-23-163512.jpg

I've still yet to find how to use 'Attachment Maker' on the fixed assets. A slow learning curve for me.
Cheers,

Roy

Does anyone know why the seats are sticking out, and how I would go about fixing it?

The solution was posted in this thread sometime over the past couple of years. I don't have it book marked but saved the text on my computer - here it is below, apologies to the original poster.

---

For those who are having trouble with Davido's NSWGR 900 + 800 sets with seating coming out the sides after installing SP3, just delete this file below from the config of each rail car and close the gap by one space up after deleting
anim "900_body/seats.kin"

What you should be left with is......

mesh-table
{
{
auto-create 1
mesh "800tfrrev_body/800tfrrev_body.im"
}

left-passenger-door
{
mesh "800tfrrev_body/left-passenger-door.im"
anim "800tfrrev_body/left-passenger-door.kin"
auto-create 1
}

right-passenger-door
{
mesh "800tfrrev_body/right-passenger-door.im"
anim "800tfrrev_body/right-passenger-door.kin"
auto-create 1
}

daymesh
{
mesh "800tfrrev_body/daymesh.im"
}

darkmesh
{
mesh "800tfrrev_body/darkmesh.im"
}

shadow
{
mesh "800tfrrev_body/shadow.im"
}
}

bogeys
{
bogey01
{
reversed 0
bogey <kuid:60723:1112>
}

bogey02
{
reversed 0
bogey <kuid:60723:1112>
}
}

string-table
{
str_property_name1 "Running Number"
str_property_desc1 "Change Running Number"
str_property_name2 "Maximum 36 Passengers"
str_property_desc2 "Initial Passenger Load at Session Start"
}

queues
{
pass_q
{
passenger-queue "1"
size 36
initial-count 0
product-kuid <kuid:-3:10060>

attachment-points
{
0 "a.passit13"
1 "a.passit29"
2 "a.passit19"
3 "a.passit32"
4 "a.passit08"
5 "a.passit10"
6 "a.passit28"
7 "a.passit35"
8 "a.passit27"
9 "a.passit06"
10 "a.passit09"
11 "a.passit15"
12 "a.passit31"
13 "a.passit04"
14 "a.passit36"
15 "a.passit26"
16 "a.passit02"
17 "a.passit14"
18 "a.passit11"
19 "a.passit30"
20 "a.passit33"
21 "a.passit34"
22 "a.passit23"
23 "a.passit22"
24 "a.passit16"
25 "a.passit25"
26 "a.passit01"
27 "a.passit21"
28 "a.passit18"
29 "a.passit07"
30 "a.passit03"
31 "a.passit20"
32 "a.passit05"
33 "a.passit12"
34 "a.passit17"
35 "a.passit24"
}

allowed-products
{
0 <kuid:-3:10060>
}
}
}

thumbnails
{
{
image "800tfr_art/icon.tga"
width 128
height 64
}

{
image "800tfr_art/preview.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}

kuid-table
{
pass_ass <kuid:-3:10060>
0 <kuid:-1:42004201>
1 <kuid:60723:1112>
2 <kuid:60723:1131>
}

Matter of fact, I am working on Class Mz. But I see you take it rather personally that I was criticizing it, which I don't blame you for. I don't say #d is easy, and the diagrams are hard to find. But I found this website with PDF of a diagram of series 3.

http://jernbane.vps.powernet.dk/catalog/Billedarkiv/r/35762/viewmode=previewview/fc=3:16/qsr=Mz

But yes, it's a good effort and it's actually minor edits to make to be honest, compared to what some of my country fellows have done, even with diagrams :)

Matter of fact, I am working on Class Mz. But I see you take it rather personally that I was criticizing it, which I don't blame you for. I don't say #d is easy, and the diagrams are hard to find. But I found this website with PDF of a diagram of series 3.

http://jernbane.vps.powernet.dk/catalog/Billedarkiv/r/35762/viewmode=previewview/fc=3:16/qsr=Mz

But yes, it's a good effort and it's actually minor edits to make to be honest, compared to what some of my country fellows have done, even with diagrams :)

No not personal, just the way you came out and said it was “wrong”.
Maybe you should have reworded it a bit better!

The solution was posted in this thread sometime over the past couple of years. I don't have it book marked but saved the text on my computer - here it is below, apologies to the original poster.

---

For those who are having trouble with Davido's NSWGR 900 + 800 sets with seating coming out the sides after installing SP3, just delete this file below from the config of each rail car and close the gap by one space up after deleting
anim "900_body/seats.kin"...
}

Thanks, all good now. :)

Hi taggy and Ispdyiu, thanks for the info regarding the signal indication.

hewi12, that's a great shot of the 44 and 45.

Roy, those driveway and footpath assets are looking good.

Regards,
Ranger_51

Hey all

Since you all seemed to like my last screenshot, I'll show off another one...

NSW-C-%2B-422.jpg

And while I'm at it, here's the environment settings used for these shots, have fun with them :)

view_media_post

NSW-Settings.jpg

Regards
view_media_post

Great shots everyone! I too had to look twice at Hewi's shot, very realistic.
Just a few shots in the Geelong area.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Great shots Graeme - Geelong is looking better and better.

It looks like Hewi's picked up the bat and with his technique, he'll put us all to shame - Beautiful shots and great work mate !!!

I'd like to thank Ian Manion (vulcan) for pointing me in the right direction. I was clueless trying to get an understanding on fixing axis points accurately on some assets that I was working on. Thanks again mate, I do appreciate it.

As a result, some simple footpath splines attached correctly to a driveway and a 90 degree corner. I'd better finish off the rest.

driveway-corner-paths.jpg

I should be able to move ahead on my Sydney 1950s route now with a little more enthusiasm.

Cheers,
Roy

Hi Roy
Your Street Kit Assets looks amazingly well put there. Do you have any intention of when that’s gonna be done and if so could you pm me as I’m looking forward to using those on my scenery route when it is completed. Very enthusiastic modelling bravo mate:D.

I Don’t really understand why Andi06 won’t model those as part of his road based concept and include that as AJS Street Kit. The road spline asset he’s made was quite exceptionally good except he’s forgotten to make the sidewalk with a grassy patch in between the road:(. The traffic light assets does also seem to suit well on Aus based route either from Andi06 or Boat so I’m not particularly worried on that. It is quite outstanding still:).

Please forgive me about this second paragraph. Top message is great.

Sincerely
lspdyiu :)

&#55357;&#56397; Keep doing your job mate don’t stop or stall, this appiles to all trainzers on TDF
Greatly looking forward to using Ranger_51’s signals on the route, replacing some of Nats signals on the line.

Hi Roy
Your Street Kit Assets looks amazingly well put there. Do you have any intention of when that’s gonna be done and if so could you pm me as I’m looking forward to using those on my scenery route when it is completed. Very enthusiastic modelling bravo mate:D.

I Don’t really understand why Andi06 won’t model those as part of his road based concept and include that as AJS Street Kit. The road spline asset he’s made was quite exceptionally good except he’s forgotten to make the sidewalk with a grassy patch in between the road:(. The traffic light assets does also seem to suit well on Aus based route either from Andi06 or Boat so I’m not particularly worried on that. It is quite outstanding still:).

Please forgive me about this second paragraph. Top message is great.

Sincerely
lspdyiu :)

&#55357;&#56397; Keep doing your job mate don’t stop or stall, this appiles to all trainzers on TDF
Greatly looking forward to using Ranger_51’s signals on the route, replacing some of Nats signals on the line.
Mate, some people move on from Trainz, some move on from life. Unfortunately Andi06 did the latter a bit over 2 years ago.
Graeme

Hi Roy

Thanks for the nice comments. I've still got a lot of work to do just on this aspect. They still look a bit clinical, so, I'm looking for some more natural textures that I can use. Everyone will know when I've finished.

By the way mate, as Graeme has already mentioned, Andi06, who was a great modeller, is unfortunately no longer with us.

Roy

Hello from France,

great job Roy, I will wait for these assets and use them on my maps ...

Thanks a lot, friendly, Marc

Back