Australian screenshots

Thankyou for that Davido, do you know where I might find something similar? Or perhaps release them again when you are ready?
And while I'm on the subject, do you know of any CityRail rolling stock (apart from your 620-720 Series) that is available? ie. stuff like what goes up the Blue Mountains, no idea in the world what it's called.

I don't know of anything similar, that's why I made the stuff.
CityRail stuff.....there's an S set on the DLS and maybe the V Set will get there one day if I ever finish it.

Screen_965.jpg

Cheers
Davido

Good to hear that all locality problems have been fixed. I am currently in Sydney, after driving down from Queensland yesterday...

It was boring... then I spotted the XPT at Kempsey, and a Steel Train just outside of Kepsey, and a V-Set and M-Set in Sydney. I managed to see NR's for the first time. It was exciting.

Lets just say, its very Trainz inspiring.
Mitch
________
Buy Extreme Vaporizer

Last edited:
No problem Will (falcon500) good job and well done.

Here is a screenshot of Qld helping NSW, :) :)

we don't mind helping with a heavy load. :hehe: :hehe:

Cheers,

Bill.

Pity about the sleepers though Bill. :confused:
I think NG engines running on the SG, is going to break a lot of sleepers and points too :hehe:
Cheers
Rod

do you know of any CityRail rolling stock

I have made city rail stuff, double deckers up to and not including the tangara, oscar or V sets I am currently making bogies for them, they should also be able to retrofit under the earlier tulloch cars available on the DLS, not living in sydney it makes it hard to find out what sort of bogies are under the older double decker controls and trailers, as I have two plans one without airbag suspension bogies and one with. The one without is a power bogie, but I cant find pictures that show if the power cars had airbag and non airbag or just non airbag. Someone disd tell me that the older ones were all airbag so perhaps there are airbag power bogies in existance. Any information would be gratefully received.

cheers
pete

Hey Davido, did you make those 44 Class locos, they look awesome and I have a feeling that they are only available on TRS2009.

old and the new

a Bradfield set,C set K set and L/R/S set
electrics.jpg

Tidy up the configs and should be ready for beta soon. I decided to put the airbag bogies under the double deckers

cheers
pete

Peter,

You probably already know this, but those models look really good! As far as the K and C Sets, they are semi-perma coupled as two car sets with a driver motor and a trailer car, and the trailer car has the pantograph at the number 1 end. For reference sake, the driver sits at the no2 end of the control motor car, so that places the pantograph on the trailer car, immediately behind the power car.

I dunno if that helps you at all, but they look great!

probably not as I used the drawings on the city rail site as a reference and it had the pant on the trailer but no mention of a drivers cab and only mentioned as a three car set. However, I have found a drawing of the trailer with the drivers cab and pant so that will no doubt come in the future. I have also found a drawing of the tulloch power car so thats coming as well. Be warned these do not have opening and closing doors.

cheers
pete

Peter - the C/K Sets run about as 4-car sets, made up of two of the pairs I mentioned in my post above. There is one 2-car C Set (C5) that lost the other two cars to fire a couple of years ago. This runs around as C-T-C-T-T-C where C is a Control Motor and T is a trailer car.

There are four 2-car K-Sets in operation in the Newcastle suburban area, where the trailer car also has a cab, to reduce the need for a four car set. In this case the trailer car is reclassified as "D" (Driver Control Trailer). As the cab is at the no2 end, it is not under the pantograph, rather it is at the opposite end of the car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raichase/2447858397/in/set-72157600267505570/

The car in the foreground is the Driver Trailer (note the lack of a destination board), and features the pantograph, but no motors. The second car is the Control Motor, which has all the motors (and a desto). This is one of the four Newcastle based 2-car K-Sets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raichase/3665992059/in/set-72157600267505570/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/raichase/3666765068/in/set-72157600267505570/

In both of these shots, I am standing at the no2 end of the trailer car, looking towards the front of the train. The area where the cab would be on the 2-car K-Set is a passenger area (longer than at the no1 end of the trailer/motor cars). Then you have the pantograph at the no1 end of the car, with a shorter vestibule area. Then you have the motor car, with the cab at the extreme far away end of the image.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/2703637492_c2e4a6e3e1_b.jpg

(I do hope that link works)

That's a C-Set.

Sadly, I've not got many good photos of suburban trains, as normally when I see them I am working, so I don't bother taking photos of them when I'm not working, but they are all here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raichase/collections/72157611470558051/

Now, if Davido plans on making a "Freight Australia" skin for his NTAFs, that I can be of service with, as I took about a thousand photos of the various types of NTAF wagons on a recent jaunt to Canberra!

screen049z.jpg

Platform 8 Roma St

screen004g.jpg

What does this train remind Qld'ers of?

screen007zq.jpg

Bald Hills

screen008ok.jpg

Crossing the South Pine River

screen018h.jpg

And the North Pine River

screen021g.jpg

Approaching Petrie

screen029m.jpg

The "tilt" train heads further north.

That's all for now.

Ryan

probably not as I used the drawings on the city rail site as a reference and it had the pant on the trailer but no mention of a drivers cab and only mentioned as a three car set. However, I have found a drawing of the trailer with the drivers cab and pant so that will no doubt come in the future. I have also found a drawing of the tulloch power car so thats coming as well. Be warned these do not have opening and closing doors.

cheers
pete
Would you like some higher quality drawings instead of the CityRail site stuff? I have many that are around 3000 x 1400 and show measurements etc.

a Bradfield set,C set K set and L/R/S set
electrics.jpg

Tidy up the configs and should be ready for beta soon. I decided to put the airbag bogies under the double deckers

cheers
pete

Very nice work Pete, looking forward to these! :D Will you be doing versions of the C/K/S sets with the headlights?

Regards,

Matt

Back