Page 2319 of 2328 FirstFirst ... 1319181922192269230923172318231923202321 ... LastLast
Results 34,771 to 34,785 of 34915

Thread: Australian screenshots

A little more work on 'tilting' some driveway ramps 3m, 4m, 5m, 6m and 8.5m wide (shift + rotation tool). I've set them at (-20, +20) so anything steeper is just bad luck.
    These assets have also been built for a 5m wide pathway, and is a little wider than the first set on the DLS.

'Corner' pavement assets on a slope do need some extra thought, as the rotation works only on the y-z range. Maybe producing a 2nd asset set at 90 degrees to work the opposite way.

Back to the drawing board.

Cheers,
    Roy

A little further work with my driveway ramps. I've rebuilt them again, this time with an additional spline attachment point to allow for some concrete drives to the garage or carport.

The ramps also rotate -20 & +20 degrees to allow for some slopes.

A little more tweaking and I'll upload them to the DLS.

Cheers,

Roy

Great work Roy, you read my mind about the extra attachment point.
    Any chance of making the driveways a bit dirtier and your grass in the footpath a little browner as they look a little to 'clean and lush' for use in drought ridden country towns?
    Keep it up as these are very useful asserts.
    PG
    Last edited by PGibbons; May 13th, 2019 at 06:55 PM. Reason: correction
    Win10-64bit, Intel I7, 16GB RAM, TANE on SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by PGibbons View Post
    Great work Roy, you read my mind about the extra attachment point.
    Any chance of making the driveways a bit dirtier and your grass in the footpath a little browner as they look a little to 'clean and lush' for use in drought ridden country towns?
    Keep it up as these are very useful asserts.
    PG

Thanks Peter, I have been looking for some dirtier, tyre-marked driveway textures and I'm currently testing a few out. Some textures look ideal when applied to the model, but when they are uploaded into Trainz, they can take on a different appearance.

Also I've found the grass isn't always greener on the other side. By the way, do they actually have driveways in drought-ridden country towns? lol

To create a little variety, I've just knocked up another 4m wide driveway spline, this time with a grass insert. It's set to repeat after stretching 30m and should cover the average distance from a garage to the street.

Cheers,
    Roy

A coffee break at Stockingbingal (from a W.I.P.)
    PG
    Last edited by PGibbons; May 16th, 2019 at 06:49 PM.

A coffee break at Stockingbingal (from a W.I.P.)
    PG
    Nice shot Peter, what are you cooking up now?
    cheers
    Graeme

Nice work there Peter. I notice you are using a RH drive intersection, but your vehicles are parked on the left hand side.

Coffee break ? ..... No rest for the wicked, mate. Life is too short. lol

Cheers,

Roy

Well spotted Roy, your usual eye for detail which I sometimes lack.
    Graeme,
    Ive decided to add another few K's onto the Southern NSW routes with the Lake Cargellico Branch with the first stage to Stockingbingal or possibly Temora.
    It will merge at Cootamundra just west of the junction with the Main South.

PG

Well spotted Roy, your usual eye for detail which I sometimes lack.
    Graeme,
    Ive decided to add another few K's onto the Southern NSW routes with the Lake Cargellico Branch with the first stage to Stockingbingal or possibly Temora.
    It will merge at Cootamundra just west of the junction with the Main South.

PG
    Cootamundra is where I'm extending my main south route to. Happy days, they might meet up one day
    cheers
    Graeme

Got Bored something im working on, but not good at this ... Leyland PD3Queen Mary Open Top bus kit repaint using the original livery the Daimler driveable buses was released, Steve Flanders Railcar driver added ... Just a bit of fun

Tom
    Last edited by tdstead; May 17th, 2019 at 09:42 PM.
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 100240

Thumbs up Great working complex switch puzzle you have there going into shed Spur on left.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothetoolman View Post
    Thanks Roy.

A week's worth of bush fires blazing through the Mitchell River National Park were cause for smokey conditions at Bairnsdale as T363 & T397 prepare to depart with a DOWN Orbost Goods. 1971

Cheers
    Tim
    Hello Tim,

Was browsing the pics in this Thread today, and when I came across this one, I saw a most interesting switch puzzle on left side her to the Shed. same track comes from to separate main lines to get into that spur, I have to try this out, saves using up another Cross Over from beyond these switch points....... I like Switch puzzles like this one, food for thought in my mind.....Have a great weekend.....

Thumbs up Great working complex switch puzzle you have there going into shed Spur on left.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothetoolman View Post
    Thanks Roy.

A week's worth of bush fires blazing through the Mitchell River National Park were cause for smokey conditions at Bairnsdale as T363 & T397 prepare to depart with a DOWN Orbost Goods. 1971

Cheers
    Tim
    Hello Tim,

Was browsing the pics in this Thread today, and when I came across this one, I saw a most interesting switch puzzle on left side her to the Shed. same track comes from to separate main lines to get into that spur, I have to try this out, saves using up another Cross Over from beyond these switch points....... I like Switch puzzles like this one, food for thought in my mind.....Have a great weekend.....

Beautiful switch-work Tim - No doubt you've done it several times before mate.

To get away from all the Election 'hoohaa' over this past weekend, I thought I would re-build Museum Station on my layout as a single asset. It's much more rewarding than politics.

This time, I've back-dated all the advertising posters to the 1950s. However I've purposely left the platforms off the asset so that they can be inter-changed to match the era.

A 'Red Rattler' pulling into Museum Station

Many thanks to Steve123 for the use of his subway lights, curved ceiling and subway catenary.

Now that I've completed that, I guess I'll probably need to make some similar changes to the other City Circle stations. Boy I'm a glutton for this.

Cheers,
    Roy

Museum is looking great Roy. The effort you put in now will greatly increase your satisfaction when it's complete.

Empty grain departing Benalla for Oaklands

cheers
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Museum is looking great Roy. The effort you put in now will greatly increase your satisfaction when it's complete.
    cheers
    Graeme

Yeah, I know you're right Graeme. I tend to look at what I've done, find all the faults, then try to make it better. Hopefully it will all come together in my lifetime.

Cheers,
    Roy