Australian screenshots

Hi guys, just requiring a minor assistance here. I have this an example image of a low speed indicator signal photographed off from flickr, do you know how to restrict the indication for the mainline route and NOT the turnout route in trainz? Could scripting work for this?
a629024f02c08f67a59352e62db6dff8.jpg
Cheers, from lspdyiu

High quality shots Roy, well done mate.

Ispdyiu,
Not really sure what your question is. As far as I know the NSW signals for Trainz don't implement/feature the low speed indicator. Scripting may allow them to function - Natvander would be the best person to speak to as he was the original author of those signals.

Hi guys, just requiring a minor assistance here. I have this an example image of a low speed indicator signal photographed off from flickr, do you know how to restrict the indication for the mainline route and NOT the turnout route in trainz? Could scripting work for this?
a629024f02c08f67a59352e62db6dff8.jpg
Cheers, from lspdyiu

Cheers, from lspdyiu
Try Natvanders NSW diverge signals. Just be sure to set the properties, same junction number for the first 2 junction entries and set your diverge speed then when train diverges you should get a low speed aspect.
cheers
Graeme

Beautiful work Roy - truly a masterpiece!! To all the others that have posted screenshots they are all magnificent. It is truly a gift you all have pulling together the bits and bobs from the creators and putting it all together into the next best thing to true life. My hats off to you all - tremendous work!!
Keep up the great work
Jimmy

G'day everyone. I've just made a fun discovery. All of the properties have been reset on Natvanders NSW signals everywhere on my route. Oh well, just one more thing to add to the list.

Just a few from me of a Pacific National grainy at Culcairn at dawn
94d3d8e7f99fcc2da9b1a5ed3c9f2f87.jpg

05bd7f575ed9d34807b584703713a390.jpg

329f80c07d1a362514eea5b121a82f38.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Look, here are examples of a subway signal modelled by magicland but ive modified the signal to satisfy the look and the indication lights of Sydney's tunnel signals.
33353ee54deef2a808a90190fcd6dc7b.jpg
image of a low speed indication on the main
6f855150f0dc9a4f69bb13ed69a9277f.jpg
image of a low speed indication on turnout but they're only restricted to main and cannot be on both. It should display a caution turnout indication (yellow over red) for a turnout route and the next block ahead maybe exhibited at stop. Can this easily be scripted? It would be helpful though because having the same indication on both the main and diverge paths can be confusing. Plus, on the other hand, i haven't yet know how scripting works in trainz. Without knowing it, i may accidentally get a faulty asset after editing or may cause script problems in trainz. Cheers lspdyiu

Look, here are examples of a subway signal modelled by magicland but ive modified the signal to satisfy the look and the indication lights of Sydney's tunnel signals.

image of a low speed indication on turnout but they're only restricted to main and cannot be on both. It should display a caution turnout indication (yellow over red) for a turnout route and the next block ahead maybe exhibited at stop. Can this easily be scripted? It would be helpful though because having the same indication on both the main and diverge paths can be confusing. Plus, on the other hand, i haven't yet know how scripting works in trainz. Without knowing it, i may accidentally get a faulty asset after editing or may cause script problems in trainz. Cheers lspdyiu

Those signals look to have basic scripting and will show both red if the line terminates. Green for clear, yellow for caution; red ahead, and red for not safe to pass.
I don't think you can script it easily without majorly changing the asset. These assets look old and may not have the capabilities to be scripted so "majorly" without changing the asset config a lot.

I could be wrong though.
If I was you, (which I'm not) I'd be redirecting myself towards the author of the asset or to some actual scripters rather than people in a screenshot thread...

Cheers, Stefan.

Last edited:
Look, here are examples of a subway signal modelled by magicland but ive modified the signal to satisfy the look and the indication lights of Sydney's tunnel signals. image of a low speed indication on the main image of a low speed indication on turnout but they're only restricted to main and cannot be on both. It should display a caution turnout indication (yellow over red) for a turnout route and the next block ahead maybe exhibited at stop. Can this easily be scripted? It would be helpful though because having the same indication on both the main and diverge paths can be confusing. Plus, on the other hand, i haven't yet know how scripting works in trainz. Without knowing it, i may accidentally get a faulty asset after editing or may cause script problems in trainz. Cheers lspdyiu

Hi, I'd been looking for suitable tunnel signals for my Sydney Central & City Circle route and have tested a number from various asset creators. I was particularly interested in left-hand placement and could have adjustable speed limits built-in.

I did find tcstudio <kuid:571870:2228> k m signal tc YWYGRW-M Left ... ideal for my tunnels. Here's a screenshot with 4 signals placed showing the variation of lights. They can be adjusted to semi-auto or auto-blocking; blinking yellow; shunting; and adjustable speeds.

6a69ecf444ece50465c3b50bdc226be8.jpg

I know nothing about scripting either, but if I find something that works without any hassles, that'll do me.
Cheers,
Roy

Have I completely confused myself? Focus on Hornsby [looking north] All tracks laid, junctions in place and named. But will it work? Currently testing various yard routes to see if consists actually go where they are meant to. Seems to me the more complex it gets the greater the frustration when a consist refuses its destination. Discovering why is driving me mad!

46db9f10c9e721786054b348459e3875.jpg

G'day all,
Thanks Baz
Nice shot TrainzPlayer14, looks like one of those hand colored photos.
Just a couple testing broad gauge signalling.

A66 with a V/Line Albury pass at Euroa
998c4472ee8b240147902cf341b1a334.jpg

Between Euroa and Violet Town
47d93cad6329686616171d6da3d31d19.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Very nice shots everyone.
thanks Graeme for telling me about that grazzy grass, I don't want to sound like a trainz noob but I also wanted to say what are the tree's called that u use they have really great detail and would go well in my route

Cheers Ryan:)
Those are Tree Eucalypt ## Built in to TANE and I think TS12 as well. I also use ST_RMM Evkalipt. I like the high detail trunks on both of these.
Graeme

Have I completely confused myself? Focus on Hornsby [looking north] All tracks laid, junctions in place and named. But will it work? Currently testing various yard routes to see if consists actually go where they are meant to. Seems to me the more complex it gets the greater the frustration when a consist refuses its destination. Discovering why is driving me mad!

Hi Val,

I know how you feel when it comes to 'testing' your own work. Frustration is the 'word'.

I've found the only way for me, is to 'list' each individual track movement step by step and set some driver commands from start to finish. I make sure that it is set up in Schedule Library in two or three segments, which allows you to add or remove commands and not have to install the lot again and again.

If my consist just stops, then I've overlooked the positioning of a signal (e.g. too close to a turnout) or there's a break in a track spline, so I'll add a temporary trackmark to drive to in order to see if it's clear. Sometimes it can be as simple as overlooking a buffer signal at the end of a branch.

Repetition and patience usually overcomes the problem.

Good luck mate.
Cheers,
Roy

Great shots Graeme, especially "The Rock" one. Very nice, to see how far you have come over last twelve months or so, awesome, well done mate.......
cheers, Baz.

Back