Australian screenshots

Nice screens all! :D

Some updates on the CQBY. I have been working on the correct bogie for the wagon, so once it is finished the wagon will go beta.

The bogie is still unfinished but getting there! :) (its my first ever bogie!) :)

cqbytrainz7.jpg

and

cqbytrainz6.jpg

Cheers, :wave:

Matt

Hey Matt,

The CQBY looks great. I like the bogey's, but I would prefer a little more "Shine" Is that something you are looking to achieve in the final result?

It may not be prototypical, but I really do love the bogey's by realsquash. of course the bogey's by Cardiff Workshops are great too. ;)

Still looking forward to this rolling stock ;)

****** Just a note to Davido, and Natvander. I love the NSWGR GLV Louvre & the NSWGR GLV Louvre Wagons. Thanks so much.

I have noticed the cool noises they create as they rattle along. Is that a brake noise (sound effect) I hear? or Flange sounds?

Thanks again guy's

Regards

hi SARRailways

the carriages are standard 1st, second and others from kuid2:184151:50523:1

the garratt is nswgr kuid2:63971:6011:1

cheers
ron

There was a request for steam, right?

G'day ladies and gents,
I was playing around a bit today with Sandy Banks to Bongo Creek. I find it to be a great little route, so much fun! Runs great in TS2009!
Anyway, I made up a little story for us all. Its about NSWGR 5909, and how she working on this great route. Obviously a fictional story, but should sound real.

8th March 1972
The sun beat down on the dusty yard, and the tin roof groaned from the heat. I walked up to 5909, she was sitting in her shed. I clambered in, to see my fireman had already got her steamed up for todays work. I backed her onto the empty NODs in the yard for the last time, as this was the final time she was to pull the coal train. But 5909 was still rostered on for the stopping freight and shunting duties, and lets not forget her job banking for heavy trains up these steep grades. Here we are, slogging along through Mt Victoria.
mitch456yui201003080000.jpg

We arrive at Bongo Creek, for the last time. The train is loaded, and we are seen here, stopped on the spur which runs next to the town. (what do you call it axe?) We use it as a run-around for the coal trains, works a treat.
mitch456yui201003080003.jpg

We run around the train, and couple up to the other end of the consist. Now tender first, the signalman throws a few switches, and 5909's whistle pierces the sky, as we start on our trip back.
mitch456yui201003080004.jpg

We get down about half way to Mt Victoria and I nod at my fireman. He smiles back, and I let her off the chain. She's going about 50mph in this picture, faster than she's been in a bloody long time! My arm is hanging out the window (on the left side, this is Australia!), I pat the side of the cab, 'Bout time we did this huh?'
mitch456yui201003080005.jpg

We burst through Mt Victoria, passengers look up from the station, to see a weathered coal train blurring past. We're at about 55mph at this point, not slowing for the speed limits!
mitch456yui201003080006.jpg

We slow a bit in Mt Victoria, the old girl's struggles a bit with 13 loaded NODs! We are going 48mph before hitting the next slope.
mitch456yui201003080007.jpg

Here we are again, this time, going 60mph! Sandy River beckons ahead. I apply the brake.
mitch456yui201003080009.jpg

Still going downhill, we hit 62mph before the brakes kick in! Thats pretty quick for this old bird.
mitch456yui201003080008.jpg

We slow, and I shunt into the yard once more. We uncouple for the last time, and chug off to the shed...
mitch456yui201003080010.jpg

I stop 5909, and say 'Coo! Wasn't that fun old girl!' I jump out, and check her over. I jump down to the sidebar, put my hand on the big nut that holds it on the wheel, and I could move it! No trouble at all! I tighten it up a bit, before the dispatcher comes. He doesn't look happy! Me and my fireman quickly nip off to the pub before he could catch us. Now she sits, waiting for the next crew, never to pull the coal train again...
mitch456yui201003080011.jpg

That's it! The last steam coal train from Bongo Creek!
Cyas all later!
Mitch

Intresting Mitch - but think it shows you read to many American Railroading book and Magazines :):):)
Spur = Siding
Side bar = Side rod
dispatcher = no such person in NSW - chargeman - loco inspector -

Last edited:
Eew. It's almost embarassing seeing such an early version from many years ago of my DD17 (I gave an old version to Dreddman to do as he pleases)... Close, but no banana. Once I either get my external HDD working again or get my backups shipped over from Australia, the real deal will be released in short time. Just needs scripts and enginespecs and a few small cleanup work, Thankfuly nearly having a heart attack has left me with plenty of rest time to work on Trainz things again!

colhad/jim

the shot in question was tongue in cheek of the two stuffed an mounted versions, there was a request for steamers but nothign was said about scenery or if the steamers had to be actually operable. lol

cheers

ghosty

G'day ladies and gents,
I was playing around a bit today with Sandy Banks to Bongo Creek. I find it to be a great little route, so much fun! Runs great in TS2009!

==== Images removed======

Cyas all later!
Mitch

Wow. thanks Mitch. that was a great story. I am so glad you find this route enjoyable.

Wait to you have a look at the extended version. Georgetown to Tarin Rocks.

Hopefully it will live up to the hype I have been pushing. LOL!

It is almost ready to organise some Beta testing. Finally. :)

Thanks Again.

Regards

*****************************************************************************************

One extra from the updated Mt Victoria Southern Yards.

mtvic_update_9.jpg

*****************************************************************************************

I enjoyed your little story Mitch. Shows some creativity and that you took some time to plan your shots. Keep it up. Still a bit wet up north there Ron?? Finally seeing some sun down here. Now maybe I can get the jungle called "the back yard" mowed when it dries out!!:hehe:
Regards
Glen

For the record Mitch - Queensland Steam Train Drivers sit on the right side of the cab - that being the right side - because the right is the right side!:p

Now try figure that out!:eek:

Tom

But don't we drive on the left, and all the signals pass on the left as well!
Unless you expect poor Fireman to shovel coal, check his guages AND spot signals for the Driver all at once, do you?:eek:

That gets me thinking of a poem from a railway stories book I have.

"The guard is a man, who sits in the van
In the van at the back of the train.
The Driver up front thinks the Guard is a so-and-so,
And the Guard thinks the Driver's the same!":hehe:

Happy Trainzing!;)

Actually Scottling, QR drivers drive from the right side station in the cab, pretty much the same as a car. Mostly our signals are on the left except when they are on the right or up on a gantry :hehe: but the general rule is that they are supposed to be on the left.
Glen

Back