Australian screenshots

Hi Bearcat,

Loved the Loco's, especially the double ended 44's, both versions.

Macka
Thanks, there just a bit of fun will put them on the DLS when I have finished playing around with them.

Also have another 44 based unit which is more like a B unit and cabless.

actually the only loco that ever received that treatment in NSW was a 49 class as an experiment, forget what it was called

actually the only loco that ever received that treatment in NSW was a 49 class as an experiment, forget what it was called

Actually Pete, it was a 47 class (4719, I think). It was an experimental replacement for the dynomometer car; HTV2000 IIRC

Also nice work on the FreightCorp 422 class Dave, Very nice :D :D !

Cheers,

Matt

Drastic rebuild of a European Speedtree to make an Oz Ironbark. Had to remove all Season references and all files except the Summer ones, now tree stays the same all year round. Leaves have been changed to gum leaves also new bark, bit more than a reskin. Not sure if any of these will be able to be sent to DLS. Trunk shape and thickness a bit better than standard stuff.

a25c093ac96eefe6c9113124eccbf9f3.jpg

Last edited:
Actually Pete, it was a 47 class (4719, I think). It was an experimental replacement for the dynomometer car; HTV2000 IIRC
Matt
It was built using the frame of one 47 and the then the cab of another grafted on the other end. Had a generator in the second cab and the frame filled with concrete. Was never use to test locos in the end IIRC, plus it was bright yellow.

I can try and take photos if anybody is intrested as it just down the road from me thats if the grass has not grown over it.

Dave, the 422 looks fantastic. You have an eye for perfection!:D Can't wait to see some more pics. (I saw a 90, an 82 a G and an 81 or another 90 at Maitland, that was weird)

Patchy, those screenies look almost realistic. Especially the zoomed-in shot looking back along the train.

Falcon, those trees look great. All the the aussie 09+ uses must be stoked!

Daniel

I saw a 90, an 82 a G and an 81 or another 90 at Maitland, that was weird

That is wierd, 3830. I think Australia really needs to fix up its railways, and the companies need to obtain more new locomotives (as well as keeping the old ones, retiring locos makes me sad... :'( ). It makes me wonder how other companies did it. Amtrak went from old fashioned coaches and herritage diesels to brand new equipment in 10 years, and high speed rail in 20!

I was wondering, too, in order to repair Australia's railways, wouldn't it make sense to lay a single rail and make a lot of the standard/broad guage network dual guage incorporating a 3ft 6in rail, and invest in national 3ft 6 equipment, in order to have a sort of national network that could still operate within the systems of the networks with wider guages that already exist? That way train travel and freight movement would be made more convinient, nationalised, cheaper, and faster. At least with a narrow guage option, platform clearences, etc wouldn't be as big a problem as if a standard guage dual guage was laid...

Just a thought...
Mitch
________
Vapir air one vaporizer

Last edited:
Daniel - I have seen the 22 Class outclag an ALCo on the same train, but only just. Sounded alright though!

David/Daniel - Have either of you blokes spotted the TT Class yet? Have heard that TT01-TT04 are on coal trains in the Hunter (usually running as a triple). Basically an LDP Class with the option for additional ballasting to allow them to haul heavier loads. The variety on the Hunter coal will keep getting better with more LDP Class being built possibly for a new operator, as well as X-Rail (a joint venture between one of the coal mining mobs and Freightliner) starting operation in the next year or so with their own locos...

As for the 92/90/82/81/G combos, just enjoy them while they last. Every time they build more locos, they replace some of the older ones and send them back to Southern Coal, or back to grain or other working. I remember visiting the Hunter only last year (or the year before, perhaps) and seeing triple 90 class, double/triple/quad 82 class, and rarely an 81 class or two. You blokes never had it so good (and thus, another trip north is planned in the future).

Loving the screenies of the area Daniel, looking photo-realistic. Someone just needs to build you a 14 (MZIII) and a GL class to use at Sandgate there... or perhaps an 80 class in Coote colours? How about a pair of C Class with "South Spur Rail Services" on the side... Mmm, the number of operators and rolling stock seen in that siding in recent years...

It would seem there's a shortage of motive power to move coal in the Hunter.
I regularly spot an 82 and 2 G's lashed up on coal.

Davido

Actually David its really a shortage of Locomotives in Victoria ;)

I guess we have about 35 out of 360 engines running here since Pac Rat closed the system down. They have been converting engines to SG and moving them out of the State for over 12 months now. Some are moth balled, but running trains is hit or miss in Victoria since Kennett decided that they should be privatised.
The road transport mob are really happy about things too :eek:
Cheers
Rod

Why is it so

I have a problem seeing Falcon's screenshots of his trees in this thread and also other threads he has posted screenshots. I normally use Firefox as my browser and the quote below is what I see from this thread with Firefox. There is not even a square box with a red X in it.

Drastic rebuild of a European Speedtree to make an Oz Ironbark. Had to remove all Season references and all files except the Summer ones, now tree stays the same all year round. Leaves have been changed to gum leaves also new bark, bit more than a reskin. Not sure if any of these will be able to be sent to DLS. Trunk shape and thickness a bit better than standard stuff.

a25c093ac96eefe6c9113124eccbf9f3.jpg

Yet if I use IE8 I still can not see the screenshot, but I can see a square box with the red X and when I use "show picture" nothing shows. Falcon (Will) uses Firefox and he has no problems and from the post here as in other threads no one else seems to have problems either.

I am not sure if I need to change any settings either and nor would I know where to start looking, I am not that smart :hehe:. This has never happened with any other screenshots that I can remember.

Any help would be appreciated.

Craig
:):):)

BTW Will sent me the screenshots and the trees look great :)

TT's

Daniel - I have seen the 22 Class outclag an ALCo on the same train, but only just. Sounded alright though!

David/Daniel - Have either of you blokes spotted the TT Class yet? Have heard that TT01-TT04 are on coal trains in the Hunter (usually running as a triple). Basically an LDP Class with the option for additional ballasting to allow them to haul heavier loads. The variety on the Hunter coal will keep getting better with more LDP Class being built possibly for a new operator, as well as X-Rail (a joint venture between one of the coal mining mobs and Freightliner) starting operation in the next year or so with their own locos...

As for the 92/90/82/81/G combos, just enjoy them while they last. Every time they build more locos, they replace some of the older ones and send them back to Southern Coal, or back to grain or other working. I remember visiting the Hunter only last year (or the year before, perhaps) and seeing triple 90 class, double/triple/quad 82 class, and rarely an 81 class or two. You blokes never had it so good (and thus, another trip north is planned in the future).

Loving the screenies of the area Daniel, looking photo-realistic. Someone just needs to build you a 14 (MZIII) and a GL class to use at Sandgate there... or perhaps an 80 class in Coote colours? How about a pair of C Class with "South Spur Rail Services" on the side... Mmm, the number of operators and rolling stock seen in that siding in recent years...

Have seem testing the new TT's a few weeks ago but nothing since they had 3 on the new private wagons.

They have in the last week or so been putting 81's back in the shafts behind 90,s and 82,s again so makes for good sounding combinations once more in the Hunter

I have a problem seeing Falcon's screenshots of his trees in this thread and also other threads he has posted screenshots. I normally use Firefox as my browser and the quote below is what I see from this thread with Firefox. There is not even a square box with a red X in it.

Yet if I use IE8 I still can not see the screenshot, but I can see a square box with the red X and when I use "show picture" nothing shows. Falcon (Will) uses Firefox and he has no problems and from the post here as in other threads no one else seems to have problems either.

I am not sure if I need to change any settings either and nor would I know where to start looking, I am not that smart :hehe:. This has never happened with any other screenshots that I can remember.

Any help would be appreciated.

Craig

BTW Will sent me the screenshots and the trees look great :)
Quote myself :hehe:, for some reason today I can now see the screenshots after a few days of not being able to.

Sorry for the incorrect post.

Craig

There is a MZIII on the DLS that could be reskined to IRA,I hate saying in case one of them go bang, 80 class is also not a problem as reskin.

C Class could as so happen Uncle rob has an nice C thats paywear and think A602000 did a C at one stage.

@AD602000 what ever happend to you 85 class ????

@anybody we are still missing a 421 and 86 from the NSW fleet think every other post 1960 class has been covered in NSW

Hi Bearcat
Rob's original (TRS2004) C class was payware, however all of his payware was released freeware (with errors fixed) under either Alex23's username, or the VicTrainz Modellers Group kuid ( #1854 ) and this includes the C's.

However, there are plans afoot for a new set of C's, built to full 2009/2010 standard. Can't say any more at this stage, but they are in the works :)

Zec

Hi Craig glad you can see screenies now, bit of a mystery that one. Another Speedtree I've been fiddling around with to make a reasonable mallee. I was wondering if anyone could see these screenshots at all from the lack of reaction.

39f712499cdddf114db2835e70a86f30.jpg

Last edited:
I like the lean on that tree Will, it looks more real then some of the others just standing straight up and down. I know I have most or all of your houses, but has that one shown been released?

Great work again.

Craig

All these TransPerth EMU's running around are starting to look quite a lot like the new QR IMU 160 sets. That must have been a fair re-skinning job!:hehe:
Sorry this is a few pages late but I've been catching up. Scottling, I may be a little wrong here but I believe they are based on the same framework. The 160 IMU's and 260 SMU's are just slightly modified to QR's specs. The IMU's of course modified slightly further to take the toilet facilities.
Glen

Thankyou for that lenice. File that under 'Railway Trivia'! It's good to get a bit of trivia going every now and then.

Also, Jerker has made me a DEM of the Brisbane area from Park Road to Northgate. I guess I'll have to start building soon....

Back