Page 2328 of 2336 FirstFirst ... 1328182822282278231823262327232823292330 ... LastLast
Results 34,906 to 34,920 of 35038

Thread: Australian screenshots

United States of America, Central Wisconsin
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lspdyiu View Post
    What is TurfFX and how does it work?
    Could it be used in conjunction with clutter effects?

Lspdyiu
    Its this: https://player.vimeo.com/video/27840...=1&autopause=0
    Its like speedtree grass, but this time you 'paint' it on. Yes it can be conjunction with clutter and the grass, and can be mixed with other grass as well

Cheers
    Last edited by hiawathamr; June 23rd, 2019 at 10:45 AM. Reason: added more info

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Flemington

Homebush

Nt Strathfield
    Last edited by steve123; June 23rd, 2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hiawathamr View Post
    Its this: https://player.vimeo.com/video/27840...=1&autopause=0
    Its like speedtree grass, but this time you 'paint' it on. Yes it can be conjunction with clutter and the grass, and can be mixed with other grass as well

Cheers
    Thanks for the tip mate. Does it also count towards seasonal effects?
    The Vimeo you’ve shown right it is repeatedly looped.
    Trainz never looked so enticingly rich without those real life moving graphics and other real life looking textures.
    Auran made builtin assets when first series of Trainz was released. It didn’t look pretty before, it was notoriously awful. Now as you can see the assets pretty much(a way back ago) have lots of warnings on them regarding obsolescence and outdated files ims and texture bugs and more to list and how it can throw a major impact on Trainz running performance. Trainz Wiki has already noted down some more common errors and warnings well see them for yourself.

Nice shots there Steve. The stairs are so alike to the real structure with a variety of different appearances. Will they have spline point attachments to connect up the overall kit or will it be just a whole structure when finished?

What’s the invisible signals doing there on the platform?

And for the signals, should you intend to replace Nats one with Rangers signals considering they’re more broader than Nats and can show better more indications on the signals plus extra more indicators like sub signals.

Lspdyiu
    Last edited by lspdyiu; June 23rd, 2019 at 10:14 PM. Reason: more inf

Great work everyone
    Nice shots Roy and Steve.
    David, now that you have TRS19 you'll find TANE hard to go back to.
    Lspdyiu, most of the turffx grass is seasonal and you can have as many layers of Turffx and clutter as you want but be aware of the performance trade offs. The more precise you go with Turffx the bigger the performance hit. The lowest I go is 2.5 metres. It brings back the concept of a scenery budget.
    cheers
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Lspdyiu, most of the turffx grass is seasonal and you can have as many layers of Turffx and clutter as you want but be aware of the performance trade offs. The more precise you go with Turffx the bigger the performance hit. The lowest I go is 2.5 metres. It brings back the concept of a scenery budget.
    cheers
    Graeme
    I see the point there Graeme so if I put more precision with Turf FX, it drops FPS count. Also, does it require a specific video card to utilise Turf FX and will it work in Tane/latest series(Trs19)? I use Radeon R9 380.

Lspdyiu
    Last edited by lspdyiu; June 24th, 2019 at 01:13 AM.

No there is no attachment points so it all hit and hope,,
    The marker you saw on Flemington station was for a invisiable track for the bradshaw carts going into the underground tunnels running from platform to platform and to to Fleminton market area,
    Woy Woy Station

Gosford

Steve
    Last edited by steve123; June 24th, 2019 at 01:14 AM.

Excellent Mate, well done!

T

Iv been considering getting TRS19. I was wondering if all the stuff on Tane DLS, such as Davido, Vinnybarb and thebigman models will work on TRS19? Also how much more lag is it compared to tane. If someone could let me know that’d be great.

cheers, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by barisbeer View Post
    Iv been considering getting TRS19. I was wondering if all the stuff on Tane DLS, such as Davido, Vinnybarb and thebigman models will work on TRS19? Also how much more lag is it compared to tane. If someone could let me know that’d be great.

cheers, Ryan
    Hey Ryan,

I only got it Friday and have been moving content across. Davido's, thebigman etc's content are working fine.
    I've found that it runs a lot better on the same or even better settings than T:ANE. Depending on your machine of course. But happy with the results so far.

Cheers
    David

Great stuff guys - Heaps of work being done by everyone.

I've begun rebuilding Redfern / Eveleigh with many changes in various directions.

Here's a few shots taken today,... one of the no-longer existing pedestrian walkway that once connected to the western-end of Redfern Station platforms.

Another obsolete item, courtesy of elstoko, the elevated 10 bin coal loader at Eveleigh.

And another shot looking west from the rails of platform 9 at Redfern. All track is being re-set and leveled and a general tidy-up.

I've now included the 'Loco Dive' from Eveleigh under all tracks, which exits after Redfern Station on the main line to Platform 1 at Central and/or to Darling Harbour. A NSWGR 19 Class pullng tankers up-hill.

Cheers,
    Roy

Roy,

1 thing I pointed out in the 4th shot, there’s a dighole where the Redfern engine dive is.
    The trackwork seems a bit steep don’t you think?
    If a loco was to haul a fair, substantial amount of loaded stock and climbs up the grade, wouldn’t the loco start to strain and then stall?

Heres a hint:
    If the level of the trackwork is equal to the ground surface (0m)
    I suggest you should add more spline points to flatten the track slope and using consecutive number patterns for the sequence of the gradient ranging from low to high and high to low and vice versa. That way you get a much more even, gentle and a smooth ramp and not a drop and is easily accessible for most trains and less straining.

Tables of Values
    No. of spline points(SP)
    Height(H)

Eg:
    SP: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    H: -10, -7.5, -5, -2.5, 0
    Length interval(track): 5m (5 blocks across)

Try considering this algorithmic method when dealing with trackwork involving gradients and slope and perhaps write a note based on the tables of values in which you wish to add more splines in the track and set a reasonable number pattern for the application on gradient/slope. The track length interval may be necessary.

Regards,
    Lspdyiu

Last edited by lspdyiu; June 24th, 2019 at 09:27 PM.

Roy, the footbridge, trackwork and overhead wiring is an absolute work of art, looks fantastic and nice shots by the way.
    @Lspdyiu, all locomotives have an allowable tonnage for a particular section of track gradient and as long as they don't exceed that, under normal circumstances they won't stall. In Victoria, this was laid out in the working timetable with in-depth calculations in the General Appendix to the rules and regs.
    eg. Orbost - Nowa Nowa - T Class = 504 tons
    At a rough visual estimate the grade in that shot is no more than 1 in 40 or 2.2%. With a run up a 19 class wouldn't even need sand, I'd reckon. The calculation involves locomotive weight, tractive effort and gradient and of course with steam, boiler pressure.
    cheers
    Graeme

Nice work Roy,, Your route of Sydney is more compact than mine so you have limited room to do the gradient, each route is different and a lesson for future route builder having a compact route will limit you in some areas but it is more user friendly and quicker to built, having a route that is spread out needs more detailing and not so user friendly and more time to build,,,
    Redfern tunnels

Steve123

Hey Lspdyiu,

You are correct! There is a dighole right where the tunnel is situated. BUT, remember the wording in my second paragraph, which says. "I've begun rebuilding Redfern / Eveleigh with many changes in various directions."

Mate, I should point out the key-word is 'Begun' - Please be patient because the job is not finished yet.

On your second point, 'Yes' the track is a bit steep. However that shot was taken a week ago and evidence of the dighole and gradient has since been adjusted.

For those who don't know, the 'Loco Dive' is a single 'one-way' track underground tunnel, which was built purely to provide fully-fuelled steam locomotive access from Eveleigh Railway Workshops for Central station. There is no cross-over to access the tunnel on the northern end of Redfern station.

I do understand that it was very unlikely that they would be hauling fully laden goods through there. I just popped a tanker consist there pointing it in the wrong direction just to see if anyone would pick up on it.

I thank you for your tip, but don't worry too much about working out algorithmic methods on my layout mate, I've been modelling Trainz for nearly 10 years now; and I usually get them to work. Remember, this is not real life, it's just a model.

And there really is no need to increase the size of your text to get your point across - my eyesight can handle normal size quite well.

Cheers,
    Roy

PS:

Just to satisfy everyone that I haven't broken all the rules, here's a shot of the Loco Dive with at least 160m of gradient to the mouth of the tunnel. No sand needed when you are descending.
    Last edited by Roy3b3; June 25th, 2019 at 02:23 AM.

Here is a video of a pair of G_Class Freight Loco's going down the Cowan embankment towards Woy Woy.
    https://youtu.be/_OHdr-FnV3E
    Steve