Australian screenshots

Thanks Roy, those shots are very nice and the backdate of your route looks like it is coming on well.
It looks like you are enjoying yourself with the route Aaron. The scenery is well underway towards Bellambi and I've been busy trying to hide the back of a mountain. I'm still building using the earliest views I can find on Google earth, which helps because there are less assets to place :p. I just wish they had a streetview history. Nice video as well, but maybe give the windows recorder a try- no watermark.
cheers
Graeme

Up Intercapital Daylight out of Albury
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Just going through the Main South route in TRS19 and it looks like I've got as much to fix as I have to build.....
cheers
Graeme

A few photos from me,, Wondabyne Hawkesbury area,,,
HyAZMR5.jpg

yI98Zj7.jpg

cSLwNny.jpg

This shot is from another route im building
Fund3Jo.jpg

UFO sighting at Mullet creek Wonderbyne , thet say it came from out of the water and they say there is vido of it?
Cheers

Last edited:
Here is the video Llink of the UFO,

https://youtu.be/vi3VKtpG8vk
Steve123

Nice video and screenshots Steve - Great imagination mate. Flying saucers in Trainz ??? ... Who would have thought!

Graeme, the Albury shots are spot-on - Great stuff mate.

I've replaced the bricks on the bridge at Redfern Station with a darker texture, and in TANE, it now looks much closer to what it really is.

screen-redfern-6.jpg

screen-redfern-7.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Steve123, Roy, and Graeme,
The screen shots are wonderful. Y'all have me constantly looking up Google Earth for all these amazing places.

Wondabyne does look kind of mysterious. I can imagine it is as spooky as the swamps in Louisiana after dark.

Gary

when applying ground textures, how do you stop the "sawtooth " appearance on the edge e.g. applying ballast under tracks where it borders a grass area. My textures allways look like a saw blade
cheers
Pete

Last edited:
Hi Pete hope you are well buddy,,, Pete who are you asking your question to,,,??
I should add that the NSWGR SFN Car & NSWGR SBN Car in the video were built by and belong to { ad602000 } but i had redskined them about 5 to 7 years ago and if you want them let me know,,,
The UFO in the video was built by user { trainzment } and can be found in CMP as { 1 UFO 01 } in drivable or none drivable versions,,,
Regards steve

Last edited:
when applying ground textures, how do you stop the "sawtooth " appearance on the edge e.g. applying ballast under tracks where it borders a grass area. My textures allways look like a saw blade
cheers
Pete
There's not a lot you can do about it Pete, it's something we have to live with due to the grid limitations in Trainz. You can limit the impact of the jaggies by using 5 metre grid under the tracks and then blending textures. I start by texturing under the track with my selected trackside textures at minimum to 2 dots scale then lightly brush ballast spill at minimum diameter. In TRS19 it's important not to mix PBR and Non PBR textures under roads, tracks or areas where TurfFX is going to be used. You will see a height differential at the join which will show through under the splines and TurfFX becomes buried. It's pretty much the reason I renovate so many of the routes I install in TRS19, I've chosen to go down the PBR path and as there is such a good range of high definition PBR textures now it seems a shame not to use them.
cheers
Graeme

Just testing my TANE route in TRS19 to see how certain textures display. At Redfern, the time clock was set at 2.00pm but with only minor cloud cover, it looks more like 6.00pm.

TRS19-Redfern1.jpg

TRS19-Redfern2.jpg

I'll have to get some more practice in trying to get a better all round lighting.
Cheers,
Roy

There is a lot of effort and time going into your routes and assets Roy, well done Roy.
Cheers

Thanks Steve, I've always believed that if you start a job, then you won't get any satisfaction until it's done.

I'd even thought for a while that the aging process had kicked-in and my brain had gone to sleep. Then all of a sudden, everything I had learned came flooding back again.

I was playing with the environment for a while, and then the lights came on.
Here's Redfern again, this time with a little more sharpness and some blue sky.

TRS19-Redfern3.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Hi all,

Some great looking routes out there, great work Roy, Steve and Graeme!

Well I released the QHBH hoppers a few months ago, and I am now happy to say that I have also done the QHAH hoppers to complement them. The hoppers are available in three liveries; as delivered, weathered, and as of recent times a number of hoppers have had the QRN logo 'patched over' with the Aurizon logo, so I have also done this variant. As with the QHBH hoppers, I have created consists for each two pack variant, to assist with placing these hoppers in Surveyor mode. Again a big thanks to Scott, aka 'Ghostryder' for supplying a drawing plan, as well as providing valuable research and many detail photos of the hoppers, as well as for assisting in beta testing.
The release of these hoppers is also a bit of a historic milestone for me as a content creator, as these are the final pieces of content that I have created in Gmax, as I have now moved onto Blender, for which I am still learning. (Though I may still use Gmax for possible future updates of my existing content).
These have been uploaded to the DLS so should be available in the near future for TS12 and above.

Enjoy!

qhah-release.jpg

Keep up the great work everyone!

Cheers,

Matt

Nice work everyone!

having some issues and could really use some help, the UTM tile Underlay on my route that is seen in wire frame view isn’t showing up, all the layers are turned on though.
if anyone could help I’d really appreciate it thanks.

Try opening up the mini map also and you will see if any utm tiles are present in your selected area, I've done this before on large routes and sum times they just wont show up.
Mick.

Thanks Mick. Ill Try have a go and see what i can do.
Although No UTM's are present i still went and made a quick scene near Robertson showing all the mountains and hills off.

4909 is seen with the cockatoo going up through Robertson.

Cheers, Ryan

There's been a few commuters lately, who've been guessing whether a gold mine is in progress right next door to Redfern Station. Now they have erected a sign.
Redfern-11-and-12.jpg

Also. there's still a lot more detailing to be done around Darling Harbour.
darling-harbour1.jpg

darling-harbour2.jpg

Cheers,

Roy

Back