Australian screenshots

Hi all, just wanting to know that when I installed the 49 Class from the Australian Trainz Division the bogies had an uknown dependency: Unknown Location: <kuid2:88211:1002:1>

@ M.G: You've done it. It's a grand old station and a mirror-image of the photos I've seen on Google Earth.
A fabulous job, mate. Well done!

Cheers,
Roy

Thank you kindly Roy; it has been a labour of love of the old grand lady of the Golden Mount!

I studied the station; with 867 photographs taken of the prototype, a lot of measuring with tape over 5 visits. Since there is only drawings of the original building; all the additions had to measured and documented. All historical images from the late 1940s and early 1950s to what the station appeared, down to layout and paint schemes. I modelled her as that period.

Next on the list is the engine shed and goods shed. All with the highest detail possible.

Regards;

M.G

Hi all,

Sorry no screenies atm but just curious, I've never really worked with DEM maps before. How would I got about locating one for south western Sydney (metro)? I've drawn blanks as I'm not sure what I need to be searching for.

Cheers
Michael

Hi Roy
Fantastic Route however the overhead signal gantries are not showing between Macdonaldtown and the City Circle Dive.I have some unknown asset kuids.I assume that these are kuids I have to pay for.Are the gantries one of these.
Thanks
Robert2004

Hi Roy
Fantastic Route however the overhead signal gantries are not showing between Macdonaldtown and the City Circle Dive.I have some unknown asset kuids.I assume that these are kuids I have to pay for.Are the gantries one of these.
Thanks
Robert2004

@ Robert: Thanks for the comments - I appreciate that.
The gantries I used are readily available on the DLS, .... CNR Signal Bridge <kuid:2:87145:23069:1> & SAP_Gantry_4m_4_trk <kuid:439337:101187>

Also, email me a list of any other items you are unsure of, in kuid number order.
Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Hi all,

Sorry no screenies atm but just curious, I've never really worked with DEM maps before. How would I got about locating one for south western Sydney (metro)? I've drawn blanks as I'm not sure what I need to be searching for.

Cheers
Michael

Hey Mate, head over to Victrainz and go to the DEM Request thread. Jerker will make one up for you, he does a great job. :)

VL-GL-RL Grain departing Merriford.

79eb629e0e0fdb49bb5fcc7ff48b2728.jpg

Time-out! Taking a 'C' Set for a run down the Illawarra Line passing Stanwell Park.

2016_11_18_193426.jpg

It looks like some work needs to be done on the catenary.
2016_11_18_193718.jpg

Everybody out! There's still a fair walk to the beach.

Cheers,
Roy

Sad news

The Australian Railway Historical Society - ACT Division (ARHS ACT) resolved this week to place their organisation in to voluntary administration.
As a result of this decision, ARHS ACT have requested THNSW take storage of two steam locomotive assets - locomotives 6029 and 3016.
In the interests of the greater good and spirit of the rail heritage community, THNSW has taken steps to support this request and have offered storage for locomotives 6029 and 3016 at Thirlmere until such time ARHS ACT have finalised their internal affairs.
The storage of these assets on ARHS ACT’s behalf is purely being undertaken for the purposes of safe guarding these invaluable and majestic steam locomotives.
In addition, diesel locomotives 4403 and 4807 - both being NSW State Heritage Assets, will be returned to THNSW in our capacity as Master Custodian of the state owned collection, and stored at the Large Erecting Shop Eveleigh. Again this is a temporary measure being undertaken for the purposes of safeguarding these items.
Our thoughts remain with the members, volunteers and staff of ARHS ACT during this very difficult time. We will continue to keep THNSW members informed of developments if and when they occur as appropriate.
Andrew Moritz
Chief Executive Officer

Back