A lecture (LOL) and a laugh. Class 142 fans SHOULD look here!

johnchisem

Mr Grumpy
Well at the moment I feel the mood on the forum has reached a nadir from which I hope it will recover. Personally I think it has developed into a pretty stale state. I understand that we are all different but with the exception of a few people (no names as I expect that they know who they are) I think that too many members are trying to achieve so much realism that they have forgotten that enjoyment should be part of the Trainz experience.

I have deliberately stood back for a few weeks and not really posted. In my opinion (which I AM entitled to) a few more people ought to leave their computers for a while and explore the world of real trains now and again.

During my Sabbatical I have found someone with a sense of humour. Let me know what you think!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7XhkVTkSf8I

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T54MUOnP7jg&feature=related

Many thanks

John

John

I didn't see the point of either of those videos, if they were intended to be humorous then it must have been in the part I missed because I was so bored.

Anyway, your comment about the forum, this is a place where like people gather to talk about Trains and Trainz and as most of the posts are about the technicalities of both these, why does there have to be humour? There are plenty of sites where humour is available, why does it need to be on our forum. Enjoyment and humour are not the same thing, I think we enjoy the forum, we don't need to laugh all the time.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Peter, it is good of you to post, and I respect your views. All the same I do feel that the forum has become rather bland at the moment.

All the best for now,

John

I agree the forum has become very sort of hostile, as in worrying if what someone says is going to cause yet another argument. Trainz is a fab game and of course I realise as in any community there are going to be people who don't get on, but we should really all get on with each other as happens for pleasant stretches, after all we have a common intreast. I enjoy coming here to see what everyone has been up to as I find it amazing that we are all using the same tools and creating completely different things.

just my thoughts.... thanks lner

LOL, they aren't half bad. Theirs another video by the same author to the Simple Red tune Money's to tight to mention. Worth a listen to as well.

Rob

John

Probably my lack of appreciation was due to my habit of working with the sound muted, and it never occurs to me that it may be a necessity in cases like this.

Bland may be the right word for the forum but I'm happy as it is. Better than wondering when a thread is going to disappear because it gets too heated. I will admit, the old forum was better. More argumentative at times but still better.

Cheers

Peter

In my opinion (which I AM entitled to) a few more people ought to leave their computers for a while and explore the world of real trains now and again.

Funny, some of us do that once a week already! The most humerous thing I managed to see with trains so far, is a coach that was unhoked from Wadebridges tender and 08 was meant to shunt it, until someone pulled away, then wondered why the coach didn't follow.

They didn't hook it up!

So, the coach was boucing off the buffers of Wadebridge and the 08! All eventually sorted though.

Who says train enthusiasts don't have fun?

Cheers WEN! Have you looked at the two videos in my first post in this thread? I think they should be right up your street!

John

Cheers WEN! Have you looked at the two videos in my first post in this thread? I think they should be right up your street!

John

I saw the first one and liked it, a parody of "Breakfast in America" IIRC. :)
(Un)Fortuately, I haven't had the luxuary of riding any 4-axle bus door infested vehicle. I'll wait until the FNW comes this far east, currently they are around Dawlish. (142s on the Southern? What next?)

Back