Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Many Thanks To Skilled Content Creators

I too would like to thank all the content creators for their hard work. I particularly would like to thank tafweb for his excellent stone buildings and shops. They look great on my route, and are suitable for many areas in the UK, whether it be in the Cotswolds or Yorkshire.

Thanks again,
    Padster.

As will be said, a revival is more worthwhile than starting a new thread.

I personally would like to thank three Trainzers that assisted me and were extremely patient, martinvk, narrowgauge, and chuffbluff.

I am creating modern day Railroad Crossing cantilevers and traffic signals (of Miami) using GMAX and TS 2009.

I am actually the content creator in this case, but I have learned the hard way, both through mistakes and the many tough challenges of GMAX.

I would also add thanks for Martynas, who built the Boynton Tower. That tower, as always said, can stretch for miles and miles.

I would especially like to thank YOU Richard, for your hard work and dedication to the FEC.

If it was not for you and others, the virtual FEC world would have not been possible!
    --Tolga
    My YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/brickbuilder711
    My new instagram: @sfltrainz

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Thanks to all the wonderful poeple that created loading products for trains

I have seen many wonderful products created for all the 'trainz' game, but I don't have the knowledge in creating a new product and have been searching at the download station with no such luck in finding this product to load into Gondola's. If you or somebody you know how to make products, this is what I am looking for as in a new product item for 'trainz' the product I need for the TRS2006 layout that I am creating is clay, as no one has created this item yet for 'trainz'. Thank you Scott.

Default Clay

Quote Originally Posted by lakewoodcarson View Post
    I have seen many wonderful products created for all the 'trainz' game, but I don't have the knowledge in creating a new product and have been searching at the download station with no such luck in finding this product to load into Gondola's. If you or somebody you know how to make products, this is what I am looking for as in a new product item for 'trainz' the product I need for the TRS2006 layout that I am creating is clay, as no one has created this item yet for 'trainz'. Thank you Scott.
    Show me a color

Quote Originally Posted by lakewoodcarson View Post
    It's not called Clay but Kaolin slurry or Kaolin pulver or Brick Clay all of which are on the DLS.

Cheerio John

If you really want to show content creators your thanks, send your favourite one a donation of a few bucks on paypal, they will appreciate it.

A few days ago I was chatting over Skype to bchester who is helping me with some creation problems I'm having in my first attempts. I mentioned to him that there ought to be some recognizable award system that could be applied to the host of terrific content creators who benifit us all (I'm unashamedly a net consumer of the content creators). As these people give up their time and use their skills for the most part for the love of it any monetary reward would, I feel sure, be viewed as vulgar and unnecessary. What I had in mind was some sort of appendage that could be attached to their signatures as a visible tribute that could be seen by all as acknowledgement of their service to the Trainz community.

If anybody out there has the same feelings of appreciation as I do then maybe we could get something going. It could be based on the number of downloads or on a voting system or any suggestions? The awards could be categorised such as for services to scenery, rolling stock or scripts, etc.

Bronze, silver, gold or platinum somethings would seem appropriate but stars are too passe, maybe a spoked drive wheel.

Anyway. . . . may I add my thanks.

Martin

United States of America, Tennessee, Smyrna
    Blog Entries

Martin
    I think that's a pretty good idea, but I'm sure that there are those that wouldn't be happy at who was picked for an award or how. I still like the idea though. I can think of several that are deserving of some sort of special recognition for their contributions to the community. There are some very gifted creators out there that not only grace us with their skills and talent with their creations, but also are eager to help us struggling creators when we need a little help or advice. They are to be commended.
    Mike

Lightbulb Right on the Button!

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordNZ View Post
    If you really want to show content creators your thanks, send your favourite one a donation of a few bucks on paypal, they will appreciate it.
    For all the time it takes, even many do for fun, pay for thier time and the services they have to pay to do these things would be a whole lot better than a little symbol on a signature (which most of the time already tells eveyone they are a creator and have a site. The best recognition would be a list of creators websites (IE: thirdparty creations) noted in the DLS Subcatigories, like this-
    Game Info | Community | Creators_Websites | Download Station | Forum | Buy Now
    And there could be your awards/rating posts!