Many Thanks To Skilled Content Creators

If you really want to show content creators your thanks, send your favourite one a donation of a few bucks on paypal, they will appreciate it.

A few days ago I was chatting over Skype to bchester who is helping me with some creation problems I'm having in my first attempts. I mentioned to him that there ought to be some recognizable award system that could be applied to the host of terrific content creators who benifit us all (I'm unashamedly a net consumer of the content creators). As these people give up their time and use their skills for the most part for the love of it any monetary reward would, I feel sure, be viewed as vulgar and unnecessary. What I had in mind was some sort of appendage that could be attached to their signatures as a visible tribute that could be seen by all as acknowledgement of their service to the Trainz community.

If anybody out there has the same feelings of appreciation as I do then maybe we could get something going. It could be based on the number of downloads or on a voting system or any suggestions? The awards could be categorised such as for services to scenery, rolling stock or scripts, etc.

Bronze, silver, gold or platinum somethings would seem appropriate but stars are too passe, maybe a spoked drive wheel.

Anyway. . . . may I add my thanks.

Martin

Martin
I think that's a pretty good idea, but I'm sure that there are those that wouldn't be happy at who was picked for an award or how. I still like the idea though. I can think of several that are deserving of some sort of special recognition for their contributions to the community. There are some very gifted creators out there that not only grace us with their skills and talent with their creations, but also are eager to help us struggling creators when we need a little help or advice. They are to be commended.
Mike

Right on the Button!

If you really want to show content creators your thanks, send your favourite one a donation of a few bucks on paypal, they will appreciate it.
For all the time it takes, even many do for fun, pay for thier time and the services they have to pay to do these things would be a whole lot better than a little symbol on a signature (which most of the time already tells eveyone they are a creator and have a site. The best recognition would be a list of creators websites (IE: thirdparty creations) noted in the DLS Subcatigories, like this-
Game Info | Community | Creators_Websites | Download Station | Forum | Buy Now
And there could be your awards/rating posts!

Back