Many Thanks To Skilled Content Creators

I want to take this time to personally thank those artists who have volunteered their time and skill to create custom content per my requests.

I understand the fact that you love the work that you do, and that you enjoy a challange from time to time. But your hard work has benefited the entire Trainz community more than I could ever tell you.

The creative custom touches that you provide us are the differance between creating a virtual trainset, and creating virtual reality!

There are so many excellent content creators out there, so I won't deminish their value by burying them in a long list of name. I will feature them a few at a time.

BenDorsey: One of first project I was hoping Ben do for me was NASA's Solid Rocket Booster Cars.

I model the Florida East Coast Railway, and these cars are delivered to NASA via the FEC. Ben wasn't satisfied with one car in one color. He made them in both the yellow and white with removable loads.

I will be needing these cars when I add the NASA railroad to my FEC route. I hope I can find someone who has created (or can create) the space shuttle on its launch pad, and the huge Vehicle Assembly Building, because the NASA railroad is within viewing distance of both.

Ben is a great bridge builder as other Trainz members know. This year, he has modeled ever bridge on the current FEC mainline. It appears that the half-mile long FEC draw bridge crossing the St. Johns River wasn't enough of a challange for him. He is presently stepping back into FEC history to take on the Key West Extension's SEVEN MILE BRIDGE.

Clear off your baseboards folks! This bridge should be amazing!

bnsf50: has become famous in the trainz community for his railroad crossing grades; even though they are only a portion of his great creations.

The FEC route that I am working on contains all 351 miles of the current mainline, plus about 100 miles more of branch lines. With nearly 1000 crossing grades contained in my route, I preferred a "one stop" source with a wide selection of the various crossings I would need.

With bnsf50 crossings, I found the right crossing, not just something that was close. Even better; if he didn't have what you were looking for, Clem could create it (like the bridge-style overheads).

I greatly appeciate the wider crossing grades when modeling South Florida.

Chrisaw: The Florida East Coast Railway headquarters complex in St. Augustine was a "must-have" to complete my route.

Most every FEC fan recognizes this building, and many FEC fans have taken a tour inside of it. It needed to look realistic without creating a massive poly count.

Attendees of the recent FECRS convention were blown away by how well chris used many select photos to create the building. After the finishing touches have been completed it will be difficult to tell the differance between Chris' building and the real thing!

Kudios to these great Content Creators!

I have others that I will thank on other posts.

I bet you have Content Creators that deserve your thanks as well.

Here would be a great place to mention them.

Richard

Richard
everyone that you mention do outstanding work and I agree that they always don't get the recognition that they deserve. I'm looking forward to the completed route. It should be a real beauty. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Mike

I'd like to jump on the Thank You Bandwagon and thank all of the content creators who create the locomotives and rolling stock, and then take the time to or allow others to reskin said locos and rolling stock so that there is not just one version of an SD70MAC, but many, many versions of it for different railroads, AND with different road numbers for each railroad. You all have expanded our rolling stock libraries to unprecedented sizes (and our loading time for railyard to unprecedented lengths! :hehe: ).

I'd also like to thank the creators who use either the random number generators or issue multiple road numbers. You add to the realism of our railroads. Instead of having a two-, three-, or four-in-a-row series of, say, Southern E8's all numbered 6901, we can have 6901, 6912, 6908, and 6905 without having to mess with the model or try to scrounge for a list of all the running numbers for the loco type in question.

I'd also like to thank the route builders out there. They either go to great pains to re-create whole subdivisions of railroads to a T, or they rack their brains trying to create a fun-yet-plausible scenario of what might have been or what never was. You have given us untold miles of breathtaking scenery in which we can enjoy our Trainz to our hearts content (even if it means our FPS takes a hit for the sake of realism :hehe: ).

But, in all honesty, words cannot even begin to express our gratitude.

Thank you.

Well said!

Building on to, or reskinning the outstanding creations of others is the greatest form of flattery; as long as proper credit is given.

As primarily a route builder, the vast majority of the content that I use comes from someone else. I keep that in mind at all times.

I hope that my routes will serve as a proper showcase for everyone's hard work.

Richard

hi all

i have to agree totally with all the above.
i am ok at making routes but forget about the rest.
if there were not so many great artists out there, it would be a pretty poor game
instead of the nearly real simulation that we can play with

thanks to all the creators of items

well done and please keep up the good works.

cheers
ron

My Thanks to Our Wonderful Content Creators!

8) Yes Richard, I agree wholeheartedly!

As having spent 28 years of my life in the Great State of Florida, I am eager to run the Florida East Coast Railway!

I once upon a time picked up limestone gravel (#69+down=⅜ pea gravel), for Quikrete of Florida, for delivery to Eaton Park, Florida(south of Lakeland).

I soon learned from the FEC crew, that the local that delivered the rock to Melbourne Sand Co., was the Pineda Turn[url] (Table 4: Local Trains).

I told my dispatcher the correct term for my route, and we agreed to the new title for our log books, shortening the long title(Clermont FL, to Melbourne, FL, and Ret. via Pineda, FL).

First I want thank Nikos1 for his interesting twist on history to give us a modern day operations of the Florida East Coast Railway in Key West. I know several dozen of FEC fans that would have preferred that history had gone the way that you envisioned it. Your eye for detail is amazing!
Someday, I hope that my routes will mimic the quality that you put into yours.

There are a lot of FEC fans just itching to drive your great route.

Use search word "FLORIDA" to see images of this highly detailed route.

WE ARE READY FOR LAUNCH!!

My father was a rocket scientist who died way too young (age 41). His name is engraved in bricks at both Kennedy Space Center and the Mercury Project Space Worker Monument in Vetern's Park In Titusville.

My dream was to instead throttle up from the engineer's seat of an FEC locomotive. NASA is an important customer of the FEC.

I want to thank those who are currently combining my father's dream and my dream together.

"To Go Where No Train Has Gone Before" has attracted some talented people to unite for a mission.......... A SPACE MISSION.

Whecsailor created the massive foundation of work for Dreddman to build upon to the extreme. Ish6 has jumped in to create NASA rail equipment and buildings.

I can't imagine where this project will end up. These guys are "pushing the envelope" to literally take this project to new heights.

When I started laying out the NASA Railroad route, Ben Dorsey created some great looking Solid Rocket Booster cars. I was hoping to drive them past a realistic looking Vehicle Assembly Building, and Launch Pads.

It appears that in addition to that, we might see an actual LAUNCH! The space shuttle is looking great, and the mercury, Gemini, and Apollo rockets may likely be available as well. This will allow the NASA complex to be modeled at any point, from the sixties on up to today.

Use the search word "NASA" to view some "out of this world" images in Trainz.

I would also like to thank all the model and layout builders. The time it must take to put these models together is amazing. I know you guys love what you do and to have it available for us, and at no cost, is another amazing thing.

Im a newbie at this and the never ending content on the DLS leaves me speechless.

I look forward to an Eastern route of Florida. Im a North Florida resident, in Jacksonville, and to see the crossing of the St. Johns would be really cool.

If you need pictures of any buildings up here or the yard west of Jacksonville let me know. Im an amerature photographer and would love to help if we can.

I appreciate the offer. We all have some way in which we can assist each other on Trainz projects.

Chilly morning in Jax I bet. The bridge is FEC mile marker zero. The FEC route that I am building, and only have decorations left to do, starts at the interchange yard at Beaver Street and heads south over the St. Johns on the Bridge that Ben Dorsey created for us. The route covers the entire FEC line all the way down to its current most southern point near Kendall (Miami area).

You live near the single digits of the FEC. I'm located near mile marker 311, so I can still wear shorts outside this morning. Bowden yard is the longest yard on the FEC, going from the University overpass down past Bay Meadows.

I was at Bowden for the dedication of the new SD70M-2s in January.

Richard

I would also like to thank all the model and layout builders. The time it must take to put these models together is amazing. I know you guys love what you do and to have it available for us, and at no cost, is another amazing thing.

Im a newbie at this and the never ending content on the DLS leaves me speechless.

I look forward to an Eastern route of Florida. Im a North Florida resident, in Jacksonville, and to see the crossing of the St. Johns would be really cool.

If you need pictures of any buildings up here or the yard west of Jacksonville let me know. Im an amerature photographer and would love to help if we can.

I appreciate the offer. We all have some way in which we can assist each other on Trainz projects.

Chilly morning in Jax I bet. The bridge is FEC mile marker zero. The FEC route that I am building, and only have decorations left to do, starts at the interchange yard at Beaver Street and heads south over the St. Johns on the Bridge that Ben Dorsey created for us. The route covers the entire FEC line all the way down to its current most southern point near Kendall (Miami area).

You live near the single digits of the FEC. I'm located near mile marker 311, so I can still wear shorts outside this morning. Bowden yard is the longest yard on the FEC, going from the University overpass down past Bay Meadows.

I was at Bowden for the dedication of the new SD70M-2s in January.

Richard

Yeah its been a little cold here in the mornings but it warms up nicely.

I didnt realize that yard was that large.

Im looking forward to your route. it will be really cool do have a route in which we recognize the landmarks and cities.

Like i said im a newbie at this and may not be able to help much but if you need something from up my way let me know. Your a long way from the single digits!

Mark

Hi ya'll:

I received a thank-you e-mail this morning from a Trainzer who used my components and instructions (pure guesswork) and built the 7-mile bridge. All 7 miles of it!!! It actually worked (don't that beat all, lol).

Ben

I down loaded it as well but haven't completed it yet. It's good to know that it will work.

No more objects under ten miles for you. You complete them too quick.

I was thinking about connecting each continent with a monorail system that runs in a clear polymer tube (two lanes please). But it needs supports because I don't want it to sit directly on the sea-bed floor.

I like your dome Idea for stations along the way, but I need them sitting on a platform (off of the sea floor) as well.

I will also need portals at each end where the standard monorail tracks enter the tube system and submerge.

Nothing fancy. Can that be all one piece?

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Hi Richard:

Do 6 hehes mean your pulling my leg?:confused:

I'll have to buy a bigger monitor to do it all in one piece.

10 mile bridges? NOT! The last long one is Bahia-Honda at 5150 ft.

Ben

Last edited:
Hey Ben;

The reason why so many people are working on the NASA project is because space will be the only place to see your projects all in one piece!

Underwater tube trains would be cool, but everyone has got too much going on.

I'm so glad to have you building these KWE bridges for Nikos1 to use in his great Modern FEC In Key West route. Many FEC history fans are going to be burning up some miles on that route!

Bahia-Honda is 5150 feet. How "wide" do those wide screen monitors come? :eek:

Hi Richard:

The NASA project is neat and a lot of us in South Florida can see the shuttle and other launches from the front porch (I can).

You gonna have the extension to Palm Beach so you can see Flaglers private car? Its still there (yes I know, the bridge was removed years and years ago).

Palm Beach is a different world. The latest madness to come from the island of the super-rich is registering leaf blowers and testing them for noise level ($500 fine for the first offense). If I owned a lawn service I'd cancel all my contracts and let em mow thier own lawns (you really think the Donald knows how to push a lawn mower, lol)?

Ben

I too would like to thank all the content creators for their hard work. I particularly would like to thank tafweb for his excellent stone buildings and shops. They look great on my route, and are suitable for many areas in the UK, whether it be in the Cotswolds or Yorkshire.

Thanks again,
Padster.

As will be said, a revival is more worthwhile than starting a new thread.

I personally would like to thank three Trainzers that assisted me and were extremely patient, martinvk, narrowgauge, and chuffbluff.

I am creating modern day Railroad Crossing cantilevers and traffic signals (of Miami) using GMAX and TS 2009.

I am actually the content creator in this case, but I have learned the hard way, both through mistakes and the many tough challenges of GMAX.

I would also add thanks for Martynas, who built the Boynton Tower. That tower, as always said, can stretch for miles and miles.

I would especially like to thank YOU Richard, for your hard work and dedication to the FEC.

If it was not for you and others, the virtual FEC world would have not been possible!

Thanks to all the wonderful poeple that created loading products for trains

I have seen many wonderful products created for all the 'trainz' game, but I don't have the knowledge in creating a new product and have been searching at the download station with no such luck in finding this product to load into Gondola's. If you or somebody you know how to make products, this is what I am looking for as in a new product item for 'trainz' the product I need for the TRS2006 layout that I am creating is clay, as no one has created this item yet for 'trainz'. Thank you Scott.

Clay

I have seen many wonderful products created for all the 'trainz' game, but I don't have the knowledge in creating a new product and have been searching at the download station with no such luck in finding this product to load into Gondola's. If you or somebody you know how to make products, this is what I am looking for as in a new product item for 'trainz' the product I need for the TRS2006 layout that I am creating is clay, as no one has created this item yet for 'trainz'. Thank you Scott.
Show me a color

It's not called Clay but Kaolin slurry or Kaolin pulver or Brick Clay all of which are on the DLS.

Cheerio John

Back