Rail Simulator Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slowly degenerate this thread to a small intellectual entertainment for and against the.
W. Shakespeare "To be or not to be" :eek:

Just one question, Compudoc: What the hell are you still doing here?

Best wishes,
Padster

Still around hoping AURAN will get their heads out of the sand and start comming up with a better simulator. Pretty sure if KRS can do it AURAN can come up with a better graphic engine than we have now. Besides that it keeps this thread alive :hehe:

Compudoc

Still around hoping AURAN will get their heads out of the sand and start comming up with a better simulator. Pretty sure if KRS can do it AURAN can come up with a better graphic engine than we have now. Besides that it keeps this thread alive :hehe:
Indeed. Let's get back to the subject of this thread and also start thinking about how to build models of KRS quality for TRS.

Paul

Well Trainz is a good proggie. I sayed alot before. Upgrade the GFX engine and you have a king of a sim. I mean tell me what you dont cant do with Trainz. You can create almost everything in trainz. Tram-routes, metro , even flying planes driving cars and ships. there so so mutch good content(freeware and payware) so you can build almost all routes around the world. Good use of dem, easy route building. And a very good signaling system that RS dont have. Only thing that is some better in RS are the GFX and sound thats all. But for me routebuilding and setup a real signaling system(UK) is a real nightmare in RS comparing with bloodnok and payware UK signals in TRS. But i have some good news. I tested TRS2006 on a quadcore system with 2 sli gfx cards and and 3 gig mb and sata harddisk. I had with all options on and very dense city routes like the payware from BSI a fps aprrox of 60. So with a good system even TRS2006 runs as fast as RS.

Greetz Laika :wave:

But i have some good news. I tested TRS2006 on a quadcore system with 2 sli gfx cards and and 3 gig mb and sata harddisk. I had with all options on and very dense city routes like the payware from BSI a fps aprrox of 60. So with a good system even TRS2006 runs as fast as RS.

Greetz Laika :wave:

So what you are saying is dont bother updating the product, just upgrade you system to a super computer and you will be alright running what we have.

Compudoc

So what you are saying is dont bother updating the product, just upgrade you system to a super computer and you will be alright running what we have.

Compudoc

No, what he is saying is that you need that sort of PC to run that sort of route in Trainz.

A Dual core with a decent GFX card can do that in KRS

Gangsta.

Hi i think you dont understand me fully. Sure it would be great to update the trainz to a mutch better GFX engine with better sounds. But i only want to say that you can also get great FPS with the Trainz version on a very good system. It also means that the basic is very good. look at MSTS as an example. Even with a better system you dont feel any aprrovements of FPS. it aslo means for me i can use TRS for a very long time. Sorry i was going off top but all these question about RS etc in a Trs forum well what can you expect. look at the RS froum. I think you will be banned if you are talking about another trainsim.

Greetz.:wave:

P.S but the shots are great thats not my point with RS. When it comes to GFX and sound RS is really good. But to build a great route with signals, sessions etc using dem also that is in my opion alot better with trainz. But that is my opinion. For my GFX is not the main aspect for a great sim. So plz let see some more shots of RS because they are great.

Last edited:

Compudoc

Honestly, do you really belive in this? With just 3 heads left in the team?

look at the RS froum. I think you will be banned if you are talking about another trainsim.

Greetz.:wave:

Not only will you get banned for talking about another sim, you will also get banned if you say anything bad about KRS. These people are living in caves and dont want to know if there is a better sim or if their sim ( RS ) sucks.

Compudoc

OK chaps, it's time for cards on the table, nailing colours to the mast, whatever analogy you want to use.

I think it is an absolute disgrace that people are openly promoting KRS on a TRAINZ forum. Don't get me wrong, I have been very impressed by the quality of KRS screenshots and I am not against them per se. However, what is now occuring is people are posting derogatory comments about Trainz with these self same shots. That is totally wrong and something should be done about it. Auran have been rather too kind in allowing this to continue. IMO, the screenshot forum should remain unbiased and apolitical, and this goes for both sides of the fence: KRS and Trainz equally. By all means, let people post pics of KRS, which is indeed an excellent sim by all accounts. But, if people stray into the KRS v Trainz argument then perhaps the thread should be locked.

Anyway, comparing KRS with Trainz is a little like comparing chalk with with cheese, as I understand that KRS uses different methods of graphics generation.

Best wishes,
Padster

OK chaps, it's time for cards on the table, nailing colours to the mast, whatever analogy you want to use.

I think it is an absolute disgrace that people are openly promoting KRS on a TRAINZ forum. Don't get me wrong, I have been very impressed by the quality of KRS screenshots and I am not against them per se. However, what is now occuring is people are posting derogatory comments about Trainz with these self same shots. That is totally wrong and something should be done about it. Auran have been rather too kind in allowing this to continue. IMO, the screenshot forum should remain unbiased and apolitical, and this goes for both sides of the fence: KRS and Trainz equally. By all means, let people post pics of KRS, which is indeed an excellent sim by all accounts. But, if people stray into the KRS v Trainz argument then perhaps the thread should be locked.

Anyway, comparing KRS with Trainz is a little like comparing chalk with with cheese, as I understand that KRS uses different methods of graphics generation.

Best wishes,
Padster

Yup im gonna ask the mods to move all talk about RS to this thread.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=15223&highlight=overmars

If all talk can be continued in that thread please....

Indeed. Let's get back to the subject of this thread and also start thinking about how to build models of KRS quality for TRS.

Paul

We are all hoping that TC3 creators have already thought about this....or will we have to wait until TC10............:'(

And why did Overmars start both of these threads off for anyway, if he's now asking for someone to condense the two ??

GOOD NIGHT.

Last edited:
Just a few,

2001867829640066943_rs.jpg
[/URL]
2001865708219078870_rs.jpg
[/URL]
2001884327494984669_rs.jpg
[/URL]
2001882352751974490_rs.jpg
[/URL]
2001825683311191906_rs.jpg
[/URL]
2001830510148472840_rs.jpg
[/URL]
2001860644004252386_rs.jpg
[/URL]
2001803135202119734_rs.jpg
[/URL]
2001854255002658444_rs.jpg
[/URL]
2001865155550309814_rs.jpg
[/URL]

Daz

Yup im gonna ask the mods to move all talk about RS to this thread.

How about this for an idea: Move all talk to an RS forum, and then lock these RS love-in threads down.

Honestly, you'd think some of these instigators are on a backhander to come here and belittle TRS :eek:

I'm firmly in the same corner as Padster on the blatant use of this forum to 'big-up' another product, when the same would not be allowed the other way round.

Regards, Kev

How about this for an idea: Move all talk to an RS forum, and then lock these RS love-in threads down.

Honestly, you'd think some of these instigators are on a backhander to come here and belittle TRS :eek:

I'm firmly in the same corner as Padster on the blatant use of this forum to 'big-up' another product, when the same would not be allowed the other way round.

Regards, Kev
Your not the only one that feels that way. Last I new this was a Trainz support forum. Not a support forum for RS or MSTS. RS and MSTS have their own support forums. How about using them. If the one that are so intent on RS being so dame good what are you doing here anyway. There is plenty of other forums that you could post this on. I haven't seen any pics posted here with things I haven't seen done with Trainz anyway. What's the big deal that they are not built in yet. So the graphics engine is a little better. Big deal. So there's a few other small amenities that you guys think are the most important. That's nice. The whole intent of this forum is to help Trainzers having problems with Trainz to get help. Not RS. To show off content and routes being created for Trainz. Not RS. To offer ideas and suggestions for Trainz. Not RS. It don't matter how direct I might be, there will still be some that miss understand this.
Bill

Hey Guys

Cleaning up this thread would be quite a task. First of all, some of the screenies are too large for the other thread started by the threadstarter. That would require them to be changed to links which is no small task. Secondly, all the posts in this thread that don't contain a screenshot are technically off topic for a screenshot forum.

So what do with it. It seems to me that there are those that are posting here to promote another sim. Others want to argue about or diss one sim versus another. Some take offense to Rail Sim promoters posting their push here while others are very reasonable in their responses.

We mods are not tyrants here so what to do with this? Maybe all the nonscreenie posts should be removed?

I'll think on it since the threadstarter has asked for mod action. PM me if you have a thought on it but please don't post yet another off topic message here. :)

Cheers

AJ

Pish. One of the many reasons I rarely post on these forums anymore is this naziist attitude about what people should or shouldn't post nowadays.

This isn't just a Trainz support forum, it is also a forum to share thoughts, ideas, inspirations, information, and in many cases, some great friendships have formed from both positive and negative discussions. The key though, is OPEN discussions. We don't really need any sort of "If we don't see it, it isn't happening" mentalities do we?

If you don't want to read about another rail sim, you don't need click on the thread.

I see many good reasons for the trainz community to have these sorts of threads. It can be quite inspiring to see and read about another sim, even if it isn't liked much. One could get many ideas which could be implemented into Trainz and Trainz content. So what's the beef? I certainly don't think anyone posting shots in this thread are trying to take business away from Trainz.

We should encourage discussion about other sims, we should look at screens from other sims, as there are a lot of ideas we can use for Trainz.

Peace, kids. Don't be evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back