Rail Simulator Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but the passengers in the carrages are very poor :) in RS.

I will agree with that, as the graphics inside the carriges is simply awful. But in Trainz they are pretty bad throughout the whole game. Although We do have a lot of rolling stock addons that blow away even some of the RS graphics.

Compudoc

Last edited:
What i would like to see is passengers in the carrages like the passengers on the platforms.

How good would that be :)

You are absolutely right. There is just no comparison when it come to graphics. KRS has TRAINZ beat hands down. Just a small comparrison with this image. Just look at the hands on both pictures. Now I would say the graphics on the Trainz picture just suck.

graphics.jpg

Now when it comes to creating Routes/Layouts then of course Trainz will win, as it is much easier to do this in Trainz.

Compudoc

Technically we can create people with hands just as detailed in Trainz. Most content creators do not choose to do so because the poly count would be greater which would require a more powerful machine. Since KRS have specified a more powerful machine anyway as their min spec you're comparing apples and oranges.

Talk nicely to some one and when TC3 comes out you can drop in a different passenger set with just as much detail as you like. You may need to upgrade your machine though. Different passenger sets are available now its just a matter of creating the people.

Also the KRS team to my knowledge have used professional graphic designers who know how to extract the best from each model. Trainz has a much more build it yourself attitude which results in a much richer range of items but some times not so optimised.

Who else has GWR Broad Gauge models after all?

Cheerio John

:hehe: I love the zombies wandering to and fro on Kujuan RS platforms! Really quite a terror film they shot!

"You Better Stay Still", said the joker to Mr. Trainz Thrill. ;)

Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
That was people, try comparing train engines. Johnwhelan is right, TRS is probably equally capable as is KRS, but most choose not to take advantage of it like he said, especially when it comes to things like people. When the 3rd Trainz Classics installment comes out, maybe you should do a side by side comparison there. Also, KRS is more like the style of MSTS, being more "point A to point B" where Trainz is somewhat more model railroad oriented. The KRS content seems more weathered, and as good as it looks, Trainz doesn't look too bad either, and there's so much content for it, so I'm staying with it! Like I said before, if backward compatibility with MSTS will be in KRS, maybe I'd be interested... maybe.

This thread is amusing if nothing else. My dog is bigger than your dog, this sim is so great that it's greater versus another sim. Agendas here advertising there. Actually what it really boils down to is buy what you want.

Cheers :)

AJ

Heres some shotz of my new RS route, Connelly Yard

And now...Prepare to be completly blown away...

Shed.jpg

Water.jpg

Coal-1.jpg

connellyyard.jpg

connellyyard2.jpg

connellyyard3.jpg

connellyyard6.jpg

Mike

i couldn' t agree anymore what a.j. fox says,it's like owning a ford or a holden[chevies for our american friends] they both do the same job.
it's all to do with individual taste.

cheers, patchy

This thread is amusing if nothing else. My dog is bigger than your dog, this sim is so great that it's greater versus another sim. Agendas here advertising there. Actually what it really boils down to is buy what you want.

Cheers :)

AJ
I'm with you their too. I'm not going to run out and get it if it's just a little better in one or two areas. It would have to be leaps and bounds better then Trainz before I would change over. Don't get me wrong. The screen shots look good but it's still dependent on the creators modeling and texturing abilities. Oh well. To each his own.

Bill

had a quick look at railsim screenies,i'm not convinced.
most screenies i looked at were no diferent what we get in trainz.
what makes the big difference in any screeny is how detailed the object
you're taking a shot is.
that's where i take my hat off to all those talented content creators,

cheers, patchy

I must admit that forum did not leave me with a good first impression when the first post I read consisted of "can u tell me how to unzip files so i can put them in rail simulator". The rest of the forum seemed to be of similar intelligence.

And you think new users with trainz are any different when asking how to get their downloaded files into TRS2006 or TC, or when they cry for help because their Download Helper doesn't work. So what you are saying is that because a new user wants to know how to do these things, the game must not be good.

....And now...Prepare to be completly blown away...
:eek: well, a couple of questions....
  1. why do you have that latitude/longitude lozenge in every shot? is there a worry you might get lost?
  2. where exactly would you like me, and other Trainzers, to blow away to?

I want to know when i can access the NA content, since they can have ours ... :eek:

But, i have to agree, Trainz just beats KRS to the post ...

Gangsta.

I'm with perch on this - the graphics are obviously better - as you would hope for from a game that's new compared one that's years old.
What people mean when they say the graphics are better is that the models and textures are better than built-in TRS content. This is a result of having professional graphic artists working with professional tools rather than the graphics engine of the game, and it certainly doesn't mean one sim is better than the other.

Unfortunately it's very difficult to produce 'professional' results with GMax unless you can make extensive use of photo textures.

Paul

I want to know when i can access the NA content, since they can have ours ... :eek:

Not true - the Cajon Pass and York-Newcastle addons will be released after the patch comes out (which is this week).

But, i have to agree, Trainz just beats KRS to the post ...
I can see a lot of people saying things like this but very few are actually providing any evidence or even opinions to back their statements up.

JB

I can see a lot of people saying things like this but very few are actually providing any evidence or even opinions to back their statements up.

JB

After maturing a bit, and not buying games because OMGUBER GRAFiX !11
KRS doesn't have the "simple user" effect that Trainz does.

E.G In KRS, signals are scenery objects, which are placed where ever you want, and can often end up looking out of place, incorrect rotation etc. where as Trainz just snaps into place, and looks pretty damn good.

Plus although KRS' content is superbly modelled, theres nothing there ! i payed 40 GBP for 7 - 8 trains ? when Trainz gives me hundreds, from all over the world !

I could go on, but i'll hush now ...

Gangsta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back