Copying/Duplicating Driver Schedules

Ron_H

When you've finished tapping out a 17-station stopping train schedule, is there any way to copy this schedule to the other drivers/trains that will be following it, at intervals around the same circuit?

There's GOT to be an easier way of doing it, than doing the whole 17 stations for every train on the circuit.

I know about the "copy schedule from" rule, but as far as MY limited knowledge can make out, this involves having a loco sitting around, that you can't use and a driver with a permanent question mark over his head. This is because, the loco must be "stopped" at some place, BEFORE it makes it's first staton stop, as if it is going round the circuit, any other loco that comes out of the portal and executes the "copy schedule from" command, only gets the schedule from where the "host" driver is at that time and he could be heading BACK into the portal.

I think what I'm trying to say is; is there any way of doing the main schedule, then copying/pasting it to other nominated drivers?

Hope that all makes sense!!!!

Cheers, Ron.

Use the copy schedule command in conjunction with the Schedule library rule. The Schedule Library rule allows you to define a set of driver instructions in the session, allowing you to copy them to any driver using the copy schedule command. Very useful...

Paul

Use the copy schedule command in conjunction with the Schedule library rule. The Schedule Library rule allows you to define a set of driver instructions in the session, allowing you to copy them to any driver using the copy schedule command. Very useful...

Paul

Many thanks for that, Paul.

I've downloaded the rules and wil try them out when I get back from work.............................at 6AM!!!!

Cheers, Ron.

Can you give the KUIDs of the commands "copy shedule" and "shedule library", because I can't find it in the web... :(

Many thanks!

Mikadr

I agree that the Schedule Library is the way to go, but Copy Commands From will also copy from another driver. Sometimes it comes in handy when you want to do something "on the fly" without exiting driver. It will only copy those commands that the other driver hasn't already executed.

MikAdr - I show both as Built-In to TS2010, but here you go - Copy Commands From,<kuid2:192081:1:6> and Schedule Library,<kuid2:192081:12:4>.

Thank you for your answer, but I've used the shedule command - I don't know how it's called in English, in German it's "Fahrplanregel" and you can view the timetable with a klick on the panel at the bottom right. Can I also copy this shedule for another train? Because I can only make the shedule for one train... :confused:

Mikadr

Thank you for your answer, but I've used the shedule command - I don't know how it's called in English, in German it's "Fahrplanregel" and you can view the timetable with a klick on the panel at the bottom right. Can I also copy this shedule for another train? Because I can only make the shedule for one train... :confused:

Mikadr

I believe you're thinking of another schedule rule/command. I'm sorry but I not sure exactly which one that might be, so I can't answer your question.

Schedules in the Schedule Library each have a unique name and are not associated with a specific driver until you use Copy Commands From.

Hallo Ricke82!
I'm thinking of the shedule (timetable?), that you see in this picture:
buau5lkrxga7g6d72.jpg

Perhaps, you can help me to copy this timetable to another train...:p

Mikadr

Thank you for the screen shot. I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with that one and I can't answer your question. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to provide an answer.

Back