Re-Installing backed up stuff.

Trainz Legend
Hey
If anybody has been watching the 2006 part of the forums you would have seen my problem with the fatal error...
Well ive tried re-building CMP etc but it took 2 days to do so and the only reason it stoped was cause i quit out of it...
Well im about to re-install trainz and i wan't to know how to install everything ive backed up?

Is it as simple as takeing out the folder and once the game is installed putting it back in and it will al re-install or is there something else i have to do?

Thankyou.
Anthony

Yes, copy your local folder to a safe place. ONce you get it reinstalled, copy it back to your TRS2006 folder. Then delete assets.tdx and in your cache folder delete the internet folder and assets.bku and start the game, let it rebuild.

Good Luck :)

Ok bad news.
i was following instuctions on another way saying to do the whole take it out ,remove asset.tdx etc and now theres nothing in the local folder... This is bad ain't it...

Yeah, that's not good. You don't happen to have a copy of the local folder lurking somewhere else do you? I've got about 4 hanging around. Not very efficient, but at least I don't have to start from scratch.
Norm

0099 re the instructions in my thread I only did what I was told to do by someone else.However, like I said , I"d been caught out before so I took the precaution of copying the TDX,Local and World folders in advance.Its sounds as though your PC is re downloading all your content? The last time I did this my route opened and the Content gradually reappeared little by little, but I had to manually download some stuff.

Back