Altamont Commuter Express

AJ_Fox

niles428fi.jpg

Hi A.J.

F.Y.I.
You may recall I downloaded your Altamont Express some time ago, without dependencies.
Today I started reworking it with default stuff. Any time I used control Z, it would break, so I avoided control Z.
I layed default track end to end, quick and dirty and then tried making major changes west of Niles Canyon. It went wierd. some sections of track could not be manipulated. I gave up.:(
I never had any of these problems with other layouts. Hmmm. yours may be the only one I have tried that was done with TRS2001 SP1. As I recall you did it with a pre release version of SP1.
I was so looking forward to building on your work. OH well.

Heya SuperFudd

Sorry you're having the problems. The only thing I can come up with is that there may have been some faulty content involved. It would have never been approved for upload by Auran if it had faulty content as built.

Also it's nice to hear you're adding on to it and feel free to upload any modification as your own. :)

AJ

The only non default TRS2006 content I have (had) on it was the Sunol station and that has been working fine on my latest Niles and Hinton.
Has anyone else had a problem modifying your layout? Maybe it is the prototype version of SP1 you used to make it.
At any rate, I have had to give up on the project. :( :(

Hey guys, I am also from the Bay area.
Ill have to check out your routes.
Ive been wanting to go to the niles canyon scenic train soon if yall wanna get togther

Ive thought about doing the CalTrain routes down the penninsula.

Last edited:
I haven't tried modifying anything on this route yet. I'll have to try and see what happens when I get a chance.
You guys are not the only ones in this area. I live at the Tracy end of the route about 1 mile from the Tracy station.:D

Bill

Hey guys, I am also from the Bay area.
Ill have to check out your routes.
Ive been wanting to go to the niles canyon scenic train soon if yall wanna get togther

Ive thought about doing the CalTrain routes down the penninsula.
I know the Road Foreman of Engines on CalTrain. I'd be happy to make the route with you.

Regarding the questions about modifying the route, I just opened it and added some new baseboards with no problems. Also the route was saved and uploaded with TRS 2006 after patching to SP1 not a beta version. I've never tried to merge it with another route so I can't really say about that although I'm currently building the old WP Feather River Canyon segment and was considering merging them but then that would be huge.

AJ

Last edited:
Back