ugly trains

This one has been all over Facebook....

11351171_864028063664438_3682848903859027589_n.jpg

I could go for a BLT, with sliced hard boiled egg, with blue cheese dressing, right now ... a Dagwood !

I would just love to see the condition of the cab interior, and get up close, inside the cab !
===============

I doubt that the #611 has ever seen so much Carnuba wax !

Last edited:
I beg your pardon, the #611 ...when compared to me ... bear no resemblance to one another ... #611 look-a, like-a, steam engine to me

Last edited:
Most-likely has already been mentioned, but I find it so hideous it deserves to be said again. BR's early Fell Diesel, 10100. To be frank, this "locomotive" is a waste of metal and an utter, true, undeniable pain to the eyes to even think about. It was plagued with failures, and even if it wasn't I really don't hope BR thought this would be the future of diesel traction.
Derby_works_fell_diesel_geograph-2390424-by-Ben-Brooksbank.jpg

If I was a passenger, waiting in a coach for my Manchester-Glasgow working to depart, and this Medusa showed up at the lead of the train, I would've evacuated my coupe immediately to the men's room to immediately reject what my eyes had just ingested (along with the morning's tea and toast). Then, I'd have filed a complaint to the Board and Council about having seen "obscene things on your railway."

Honestly, what on Earth is that?! It looks like someone took two large bulldozers and pushed both sides of a Whistler together shortening the body, and then placed the product on one of its bogies. Then, the Works staff decided to re-elongate the noses, and did a horrid job at it, not retaining original shape at all. For Pete's sake, the nose looks like it got stuck inside a plastic box, and when pulled out, kept the shape of the box (like what we saw in the old Tom and Jerry's). As if it wasn't bad enough, the staff removed the reliable electric transmission, and replaced it with a dodgy hydraulic prototype. And don't get me started on the bogies' steam-esque connecting rods and lead axles!

If this engine was withdrawn along with the failing NBL's and other hydraulics, in days where preservation was a priority, not a single attempt would've been made to preserve it.

I bet the ugly mother of this loco (the GG1) thinks it's still one beautiful baby :hehe:

Some ugly trains, just shouldn't procreate, with other ugly trains !

Ron,

I actually like the Fell diesel a lot, in both concept and design.

It was just the execution of said concept that wasn't too good.....

In fact, I wish it had been preserved, too.

Kieran.

Ron,

I actually like the Fell diesel a lot, in both concept and design.

It was just the execution of said concept that wasn't too good.....

In fact, I wish it had been preserved, too.

Kieran.

Yes, I suppose that my post was extremely biased. I hope all realize that it was only an opinion, my thoughts. I mean, this did pave the way for hydraulics, but all hydraulics were withdrawn in the long run, becoming non-standard. It was, in my eyes, the ugly duckling of the diesel prototypes.

Yes, I suppose that my post was extremely biased. I hope all realize that it was only an opinion, my thoughts. I mean, this did pave the way for hydraulics, but all hydraulics were withdrawn in the long run, becoming non-standard. It was, in my eyes, the ugly duckling of the diesel prototypes.

If you ask me, I think that the Class 42s and 52s are pretty unattractive.

Kieran.

Back