ugly trains

CP8460.jpg

Ok, in my opinion this one takes the cake:hehe: BUT I like it... it has character!

Cheers,
Sam

Except that the locomotive boleamj posted is the U50D, not the U50C. U50D has four two axle bogeys; U50C has two three axle bogeys.

ns

BZZT! Wrong!

U50D is NOT a real locomotive designation! The one with four two-axle bogies is the U50 with no letter afterward. The U50C has three-axle trucks, yes.

Talk to Wikipedia if you don't believe me.

I agree with the bridge (I love the old wooden QR bridges) but not the loco but I guess it is relatively filthy.

i think the ugliest loco is the flying scotsman what do people see in that over rated peice of trash it looks ugly with its big blinkers on the front scrap it

Hello,

I disagree, it isnt over rated as it is a great loco and the 'blinkers' (Sorry if i'm wrong but is that the american word for smoke deflectors? :confused: ) come from German locos and aren't ugly. But I am fine with that if it your opinion. :) In my opinion some of the most ugly locos are the Bullied Q1s the new Class 66s, sheer ugly Austerity. :hehe:

Robert

i think the ugliest loco is the flying scotsman what do people see in that over rated peice of trash it looks ugly with its big blinkers on the front scrap it
:n:
You are seriously suggesting that we scrap a piece of historic equipment? What next, we scrap all the Spitfires?

:n:
You are seriously suggesting that we scrap a piece of historic equipment? What next, we scrap all the Spitfires?

if it helps save other historic locos then yes it is too overrated nothing not bad luck to every owner it jinxed. as for the spitfires there too old to fly anyway they should be retired bring conchords

'blinkers' (Sorry if i'm wrong but is that the american word for smoke deflectors? :confused: )

I always called them "elephant ears", but they do bear a striking resemblance to blinders (the things you put around a horse's eyes so that it can only see what is directly in front of it, for those of you who don't have an equinologist* for a sister).

Oh, now I'm getting a new plotline for a Thomas episode...

One of the characters is constantly distracted by the people watching him/her and so Sir Topham Hatt has said character fitted with blinders/blinkers/elephant ears.

*Equinologist: I'm pretty sure it's like us ferroequinologists, but they have an Iron deficiency. :confused:

Uhh...they're called smoke deflectors whether you live in America or in Russia! (Ok, maybe not [lolz!]). But yeah...The only Scotsman that I've ever seen didn't have those anyways, so uhh...yeah...

They're called smoke deflectors, or "Windbleichten" if you live where I do, their purpose is to deflect smoke away from the cab so that the driver can see better. This is very essential on fast trains at 140km/h for otherwise the windows would soon become steamed up and you'd have your head out the window getting all sorts of rotten stuff on your face:hehe:

WileeCoyote:D

It has been made, by Mr. Frank Giovanni AKA 6900. However, he did the U50C version, with C-style (six-wheel) trucks instead of the older U50 version, with span-bolster BB trucks as in that (and my) pic.

Oh, and 6900's version does NOT have a custom cab, which it needs (uses the DD40 cab, which the rear part of the loco is TOO LONG and clips through the loco/car behind your loco...)

Last edited:
i saw a really ugly desil freight carrier last night running along the liverpool to ormskirk line saying that all trains on merseyrail are ugly hahaha the try make them nidce but then they get wrecked whats the point

Back