ugly trains

paul502

Day do doh dont day doh
What are the worlds most ugly trains , and are any on the dls ? In the uk it has to ''steam ,the bulleid Q1 , for diesel the metrovic co bo , and units the L&Y bury electrics

That Talgo trainset that runs somewhere up in the pacific northwest....sort of looks like a caterpillar that someone stepped on. :eek:

I Disagree I Love Penn Central

anything Penn Central/

I Disagree. I love Penn Central. I Remember those black trains with worm logos from when I was a kid. As a matter of fact, I would love to have any Penn Central asset.:udrool: :mop:

This would make a great thread in Sceen Shots to see what exactly what ugly is.:hehe:

That Talgo trainset that runs somewhere up in the pacific northwest....sort of looks like a caterpillar that someone stepped on. :eek:

Trains magazine said that without the transition cars, the Talgos brackted by two F59's would look "like a great dane being chased by a pack of chihuahuas" (did I spell that right?).

I think that the CN 7700 has to be the ugliest switcher ever.

Are you kidding me? Dirt is a badge of honor gartered by hard work!

But only if it's a steam engine, freight engine, or both. ;)

almost as bad as the haysham stock is the sr 4 cor electrics , and the Gloucester class 128 parcels cars

In the UK the Fell Locomotive. BTW I love the Metrovick Co-Bos and I know someone is working on one for Trainz as we speak (honestly)....:p

Lol especially if they have Condor headboards and the "right" smoke! From photos they seem to have been real Clag Monsters.....:hehe:

Would like to see the metrovick running in trainz ,They did'nt do much running for BR spent most of their time under repair. One has been presereved , at east lancs rly i think.. forgot about the fell loco, yes ugly is the word...:confused:

wow, there are so many ugly trains

anything from england that is electric, union pacific(billboard yellow that is) PENN CENTRAL, old canadian national barf green, the list goes on

Germany has had some ugly trains but the ugliest things now are Class 66's running around here, they sound like microwaves and resemble a block of uranium somebody forgot to stop carving.

WileeCoyote:D

Sorry Folks,

Just had to say that I totally disagree with this thread... I find all railway equipment to be things of beauty! There are definitly "interesting looking" or "oddly shaped" or even "mangled" (as in a wreck) items! But really, ugly could never be applied to trains....

Could it????:udrool: :udrool:

Brian

Union Pacific is my favorite railroad.

Although I would rather that they did BLACK, grey, and red instead of YELLOW, grey, and red.

Second favorite? GN.

Ugliest loco ever?...uh...

tv_profile.jpg

'Nuff said.

:hehe:

Last edited:
Back