ugly trains

LOL! I love that ugly little monster! :hehe::cool:

Wonder if the Indians would mind if I snuck it out of the country and set it up in my backyard...

I think that's one of the prettiest modern trains to come out of Germany. It looks very nice, and can be easily adapted to other rail networks. The UK's getting a few soon, modified to the UK loading gauge for use on Eurostar services. Or at least, that's what I've heard.

Prefer the ICE T. Ice 3 is like is had its front shrunk!:hehe:

Don't get me started and i don't even know why this was even developed.

Seriously, "it" looks like a GP38 on steroids and tried to blend in, but 1 major flaw? Anyone?

bmex125-brookville208-pa_edited-1.jpg

Three major flaws (well two if I guess right on one): What the heck is that kind of cab doing on this engine? Flaw #2: The horn is supposed to be on the top of the loco or right above the cab windows! Get it right boys! Issue#3: The NH paint scheme is a good one but take it back to it's prototype livery, not some modernized twist. NS has brought out 20 engines all in prototype predecessor schemes! Did you guys in the locomotive paint shops hear that? Pros: A fallen flag scheme brought back is a good thing. Needs an EMD Spartan cab put on it, would be much better looking.

if it helps save other historic locos then yes it is too overrated nothing not bad luck to every owner it jinxed. as for the spitfires there too old to fly anyway they should be retired bring conchords

Well I ain't british but I say begone with ye! The Flying Scotsman is one that should never be scrapped, and save those old Spitfires, they are still worthy of being saved. The one thing the British steamers need is different whistles, those banshee whistles give me a headache.

Three major flaws (well two if I guess right on one): What the heck is that kind of cab doing on this engine? Flaw #2: The horn is supposed to be on the top of the loco or right above the cab windows! Get it right boys! Issue#3: The NH paint scheme is a good one but take it back to it's prototype livery, not some modernized twist. NS has brought out 20 engines all in prototype predecessor schemes! Did you guys in the locomotive paint shops hear that? Pros: A fallen flag scheme brought back is a good thing. Needs an EMD Spartan cab put on it, would be much better looking.

I think one major thing that threw it all off was......

Spongebob square nose Spongebob square nose :hehe:

Well I ain't british but I say begone with ye! The Flying Scotsman is one that should never be scrapped, and save those old Spitfires, they are still worthy of being saved. The one thing the British steamers need is different whistles, those banshee whistles give me a headache.
Yes, but they make you get out of the way :hehe:

First pic:
GG1:uhhhhh hellooooo?!Someone chooped my Nose off and i Cant see myself since you chooped half my cab off to and sealed it with just a metal plate!GIMME NOSE BACK PRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supposedly, the GG1/2 was built when a GG1 was involved in a wreck. PRR realized that the frame was damaged to a point, but still viable for the rest of the locomotive. So they cut off the damaged portions and rebuilt the locomotive into a snow blower. For a time it was also used to knock ice off the catenary wires with its own pantograph.

Back