ugly trains

Petiet_CC.jpg

locomotive_dubousquet_sncf.jpg

1200px-Mine_museum_diesel_locomotive_autorail_Picasso_X4042_at_Petite-Rosselle_pic-005.JPG

ouch
pdtimg_3243790b.jpg

0706rail.jpg

No comment
500x375.jpg

480x260.jpg

480x412.jpg

latest

thomas-petite-locomotive-jouet-train-electrique-s.jpg

"It was time for Thomas to leave. He had seen everything"

Actually I really like the Hiawatha and "bubble car" … A shame none were preserved in the Smithsonian … It must have been a really nice warm solar room vestibule in cold weather

Actually I really like the Hiawatha and "bubble car" … A shame none were preserved in the Smithsonian … It must have been a really nice warm solar room vestibule in cold weather

Preserved: Yes
In the Smithsonian: No. Besides, if it was at the Smithsonian, it would be stuck in a building and not be able to be removed. Case in point: The sole surviving Southern 4-6-2 Ps-4: 1401. The entire display she's in was built around her, so it's impossible, without a lot of work, to get her back out.
https://261.com/fleet/cedar-rapids/

Meanwhile in Belgium..

wp4b0eaa57_05_06.jpg

The caption for this photo.......
THE WORLD’S STRANGEST STEAM LOCOMOTIVE, the first of the new “Franco” articulated type, on test in Belgium. The main central unit houses two boilers and fireboxes and the compartments occupied by the driver and his two firemen. The engine has the unusual wheel formula of 0-6-2 + 2-4-2-4-2 + 2-6-0.

Meanwhile in Belgium..

The caption for this photo.......
THE WORLD’S STRANGEST STEAM LOCOMOTIVE, the first of the new “Franco” articulated type, on test in Belgium. The main central unit houses two boilers and fireboxes and the compartments occupied by the driver and his two firemen. The engine has the unusual wheel formula of 0-6-2 + 2-4-2-4-2 + 2-6-0.

Really a strange mix that would not win a beauty contest.

It is interesting that the first and the last of the Franco (Franco-Crosti) locos were equally ugly. In my opinion only the British 2-10-0 9F ones managed to look reasonably normal.

Back