Trainz Classic in US Stores

Drucifer

Member Since 20 Oct 2001
Newest title in popular Trainz series in North American retail locations

CHAPEL HILL, NC - October 22, 2007 - Merscom announced today that Trainz Railwayz for the PC has shipped to retailers nationwide and is now in stores. Developed by Auran Games and rated "E" for Everyone by the ESRB, Trainz Railwayz will combine two new titles in the Trainz line of games, and will also include as a bonus the best-selling Trainz Railroad Simulator (modified to be Vista compatible).

Trainz Railwayz includes two new titles from the Trainz line of games, with each one centered on a particular period in railway history or a particular track type. Included in Trainz Railwayz will be the Harlem Line Edition and the Metropolis Edition.

The Harlem Line Edition is a representation of New York's Harlem Line. Activities will consist of historically accurate commuter and departmental operations typical of those seen from the early 80s to the present day. Each session is designed to reflect the real-life atmosphere of the locality and the services. The Metropolis Edition, designed by Roger Cabo, is among the most stunning displays of Trainz ever created, focused on a modern city tramway and with beautifully realistic graphics.

Trainz Railwayz has a suggested retail price of $19.99 USD.

http://www.merscom.com/corporate/railwayz_ships.php

I thought they were called Railroads here in the USA

I thought they were called railroads here in the USA and railways elsewhere?:hehe:

But that is OK.

$19.95 is a very tempting price. I'll buy and try soon as I see it.

Thanks Auran:cool:

$19.95....going once....going twice......er....wait, that's $19.50....

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/PC-Trainz-Railwayz/2660126/product.html

$19.50...do I hear $19.50? I have a bid from the gentleman in the back for.....$17.75........$17.75......okay, do I hear $18.00?

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/games/pid/7512157/a/Trainz+Railwayz.htm

$16.19? Wait, people, this price is supposed to be rising, not falling!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SOFTWARE-GAME:-TRAINZ-RAILWAYZ_W0QQitemZ290172350233QQcmdZViewItem

Ed:eek:

Last edited:
"Unleash the fury", that's MY motto!

Seriously though folks, I just did a quick Goggle on it, (I know....but I can't afford Google)....and I was surprised at some of the prices. Some of the ads showed the Just Trains box art as well, so who knows what you are really getting?

The only way to avoid trouble is to order directly from Auran, or at least carry it from the store shelf up to the cash register yourself. In that amount of time, it may fall another 50 to 75 cents in price!

No, no, just kidding.....really, everyone should order it direct from Auran. Best Buy and Circuit City have enough money already, don't they? I mean, until we have an Auran sitting in every shopping mall, we need to support the little guys....and the postal service too.

Ed

strange yesterday i saw Trainz Railwayz at COMPUSA for 9.99$ still didn't buy it though, just need to fix my computer /put in more space

Looked for it at EBGames.com and got:
header_core_nosearchresults.gif
clear.gif

Did you mean train ?
clear.gif
Unfortunately, there were no matches for "trainz".

Guess word hasn't gotten out yet. Funny, you'd think they'd have some old versions lying around collecting dust.

Sheesh, they put that horribly painted FL9 with the faux font on the box? That alone would keep purists from buying it.
Trainz version:
1743296.jpg

Real version:
NH%20FL9%20Pad.jpeg

A search at Target brings up the ever popular "Train Sim Modeler" and "Lionel Trains on Track" for Nintendo DS.
Ahhh, finally, CompUSA, at the full $19.99:
9ce89dfc-e610-46db-8a57-dc8a267a89a5.gif

More Trainz than EVER before. Is that Steam Engine included (I can't make out enough detail to tell). Does seem to come with both TC 1 & 2 AND Trainz Railroad Simulator, unlike the "Just Trains" edition.
Wallyworld has it listed as well, rolled back to $19.82.
Best Buy ($19.99) has the best ad for it:
Synopsis

var ESRB = "e"; var ESRBText ="EVERYONE"; var ESRBAtr = "No Descriptors"; addOnloadEvent(doExtContent); Synopsis
Experience the power and realism of Trainz: Railwayz, a truly realistic train simulation adventure that lets you build and control your own virtual railroad. Trainz Railwayz comes complete with the Trainz: Harlem Line Edition, Trainz: Metropolis Edition and Trainz Railroad Simulator for hours of creating, driving and riding fun. Combine ready-made and customized assets and decide how you want your locomotives, routes and surroundings to look. Then watch your creations come alive before your eyes. Be as involved as you want, from casually observing or taking charge of every facet. Where else can you create and control such a massive machine?

Apply your creative vision to more than 150 authentic locomotive styles. First choose where you want your train to travel; ride over ready-to-drive routes or assemble a custom-made track. Then get on board and embark on your next journey. While en route, you can control sounds, lights, boom gates, a headlight dimmer and flashing ditch lights with computerized in-cab displays. In addition, you'll also be able to design freeways and multilane roads and place 7,500 ready-made scenery objects throughout the landscape. Still not satisfied? Use the Advanced Utilities tool to import even more content. Take control of your train and decide when, where and how far you want to go.

Features

• Includes Trainz: Harlem Line Edition, Trainz: Metropolis Edition and Trainz Railroad Simulator
  • Features 7,500 scenery objects and 150 authentic locomotive models, including prototypes
  • Add freeways, multilane roads and premade scenery objects to the landscape or create your own assets to customize the environment
  • New version of the Trainz series includes a flexible cab signaling system with 3D in-cab controls, improved heads-up display and session design options
  • Decide how immersive your Trainz experience will be — manage every detail of your train's operations or just observe
  • Share your created assets with the Trainz community

Last edited:
The "Just Trains" release is just Classics. Nothing else. I do not see the reason for the name change. Railwayz by Merscom on the other hand, has TRS2006 included, but on (How I understand it) two separate disks (TRS2006 and Classics) as two separate programs.

9ce89dfc-e610-46db-8a57-dc8a267a89a5.gif

More Trainz than EVER before. Is that Steam Engine included (I can't make out enough detail to tell). Does seem to come with both TC 1 & 2 AND Trainz Railroad Simulator, unlike the "Just Trains" edition.
Wallyworld has it listed as well, rolled back to $19.82.
Best Buy ($19.99) has the best ad for it:
Synopsis

var ESRB = "e"; var ESRBText ="EVERYONE"; var ESRBAtr = "No Descriptors"; addOnloadEvent(doExtContent); Synopsis
Experience the power and realism of Trainz: Railwayz, a truly realistic train simulation adventure that lets you build and control your own virtual railroad. Trainz Railwayz comes complete with the Trainz: Harlem Line Edition, Trainz: Metropolis Edition and Trainz Railroad Simulator for hours of creating, driving and riding fun. Combine ready-made and customized assets and decide how you want your locomotives, routes and surroundings to look. Then watch your creations come alive before your eyes. Be as involved as you want, from casually observing or taking charge of every facet. Where else can you create and control such a massive machine?

Apply your creative vision to more than 150 authentic locomotive styles. First choose where you want your train to travel; ride over ready-to-drive routes or assemble a custom-made track. Then get on board and embark on your next journey. While en route, you can control sounds, lights, boom gates, a headlight dimmer and flashing ditch lights with computerized in-cab displays. In addition, you'll also be able to design freeways and multilane roads and place 7,500 ready-made scenery objects throughout the landscape. Still not satisfied? Use the Advanced Utilities tool to import even more content. Take control of your train and decide when, where and how far you want to go.

Features
  • Includes Trainz: Harlem Line Edition, Trainz: Metropolis Edition and Trainz Railroad Simulator
  • Features 7,500 scenery objects and 150 authentic locomotive models, including prototypes
  • Add freeways, multilane roads and premade scenery objects to the landscape or create your own assets to customize the environment
  • New version of the Trainz series includes a flexible cab signaling system with 3D in-cab controls, improved heads-up display and session design options
  • Decide how immersive your Trainz experience will be — manage every detail of your train's operations or just observe
  • Share your created assets with the Trainz community

Yeah that one, i saw it at COMPUSA for 9.99 for colorado at least .... Better then worst buys i mean bestbuy

Back