Are we going to get Trainz Classics in the US?

timberdv

It seems to me that if Auran is going to to just write off the USA market for Christmas selling that their chances of survival will be slim to none. If you gave a release date here in the USA you might be able to salvage some of the market before Holiday spending is earmarked for other entertainment vehicles. If the European market is strong enough to carry the burden of development then so be it. However, being a realist, I don't think that is possible. Marketing can make or brake a company. Time to make it happen or just close the doors. Too many new programs coming down the pike.

Just my opinion.

I tried to quote you but your text was just way too big to comprehend!

Firstly, Why would we write off our second biggest market?

Secondly, Where do you get your facts?

Trainz Classics is due for release in October, 2007. As far as I can tell it's still October 2007.

Merscom, our US publisher is hard at work getting things ready for release, so don't despair....... http://www.merscom.com/ or http://www.auran.com/auran/shop.htm since June 2007?

Cheers.

I've been enjoying my copy (here in the USA) for months!

I pre-ordered it from the online store and received it 10 days after the premier release date directly from Auran.

It was easy, and the wait time was still shorter than what I would expect to spend trying to get in and out of WalMart (LOL). I didn't even have to use any gas.

Remember, just because you can't walk into a store and fondle the box (yet) doesn't mean it hasn't been released.

I guess that's one of the symptoms of an impulse buyer? And, by the way, impulse buyers constitute a very small portion of any customer base as they tend to get bored quickly and move on to the next impulse. It's the veteran customers that form a solid base for a company to serve... and I think you'll find that most Trainz veterans in the US are already busy with TC surveying and driving instead of whining about that which they know very little.

Which type of buyer do you consider yourself: veteran or impulse?

~Rick

Last edited:
Besides, if you buy from Auran, they get all the profits and you don't have to leave the disk in the drive to run the simulator.

Jack

Hello,

Indeed Trainz Classics is worth to wait. Especially when you live in the US you can enjoy the Harlem line.

Patience is a very good talent but you must have it. When I last ordered "Ship Simulator 2006" I had to wait for almost 8 weeks before it got delivered. On 31 augustus I ordered Ship Simulator 2008 which is released a couple of days ago. I expect it to arrive mid-december. This is not a problem for me, I know Auran is trustworthy and once the game arrive, I have double fun.

Also it is better to delay for a few weeks and make sure the software runs as expected than release it with a lot of bugs.

Be a little more patient and relax. Everything will be fine!

Friendly greetings,

Bad_Wolf

I tried to quote you but your text was just way too big to comprehend!

Firstly, Why would we write off our second biggest market?

Secondly, Where do you get your facts?

Trainz Classics is due for release in October, 2007. As far as I can tell it's still October 2007.

Merscom, our US publisher is hard at work getting things ready for release, so don't despair....... http://www.merscom.com/ or http://www.auran.com/auran/shop.htm since June 2007?

Cheers.
Thanks for the info or lack there of.

Went to Merscom and did a search for Trainz Classics and there was nothing to be found. Today is October 16, 2007. Yes I guess they have until the 31st before they are considered late. You would think if the USA is the Second largest market and the routes are primarily American that you would make it available to buy as soon as possible. However that is your choice. Maybe buy November you can say well it should be available by December. Well I guess that is better then soon(tm)

Thanks for the info or lack there of.

Went to Merscom and did a search for Trainz Classics and there was nothing to be found. Today is October 16, 2007. Yes I guess they have until the 31st before they are considered late. You would think if the USA is the Second largest market and the routes are primarily American that you would make it available to buy as soon as possible. However that is your choice. Maybe buy November you can say well it should be available by December. Well I guess that is better then soon(tm)

Gee, that's funny... It took me 8.2 seconds to find it here.

~Rick

So this ( http://www.merscom.com/games/railwayz.php ) is Trainz Classics? I really love the box art. :)

Good Job Auran!
Merscom's box art....;) Wish I could get it to come up on my screen....whenever I click on the Railwayz link, here or on their website, I get the Merscom header and nothing else...:p
@timberdv...let's hope it comes out before Nov 1st...I'd hate to see Auran have to close it's doors because you didn't get your copy on time....perhaps a brief letter to Santa might be in order....:cool:

Merscom's box art....;) Wish I could get it to come up on my screen....whenever I click on the Railwayz link, here or on their website, I get the Merscom header and nothing else...:p
@timberdv...let's hope it comes out before Nov 1st...I'd hate to see Auran have to close it's doors because you didn't get your copy on time....perhaps a brief letter to Santa might be in order....:cool:

If I wanted to buy from Auran and pay postage I wouldn't be posting here. Obviously you all can't figure that out. All I want to know is when it will be available to purchase from a store in the USA.. Apparently nobody can give me this information with any accuracy.

It would be foolish of me to expect to get a complete and accurate response because nobody has an answer.

Cheers

Here's my understanding of things, correct me if I'm wrong please:
Australia - called Trainz Classics - does not include TRS2006.
UK - distributed by Just Trains - called Trainz Railways - does include TRS2006.
US - distributed by Merscom - called Trainz Railwayz - does include TRS2006.

Although TRS2006 is included in the UK and USA AFAIK it's a separate product and you have to transfer the assets to TC yourself.

John

I don't think it does include '06, it's just Classics as far as I'm aware.

Mike.
Yep, looking at Just Trains web site it seems you're right. Maybe I saw it on a retailer's web site or it was just another senior moment figment of imagination. Apologies for any confusion caused.

John

..All I want to know is when it will be available to purchase from a store in the USA... Cheers

I'm too busy with TRS2004 to fuss with TC delivery times now. If it's not in the store yet, it's not there. Only Merscom knows the actual delivery date.
In the meantime, Walmart still has MSTS in the bargain rack if you need something to keep occupied. Fussing and fretting won't make TC (TR, here in America, I guess) arrive any faster. You'll just give yourself an ulcer.
Take a deep breath, sink and return to your center, then enjoy other hobbies until the newest version arrives.
Remember to enjoy the journey. Even if the destination disappoints you, you'll still have a good trip.

:cool: Claude

Back