Unbelievable!!! Interlocking Tower issue

Yorkshire

Just tried to set up a session using Enhanced Interlocking Towers. Discovered that the menus and options for a path are either black text on a very dark navy blue background or, even worse, black text on a nearly black background. The result, in both cases, is that the text is unreadable when you cycle through the options for a path. Can't believe that this was sent out by professional developers as usable. I mean, it can't be high programming skills just to change the text colours can it! I hope someone can find time to make menu options readable. Have to abandon this until it's usable again.

Send in a bug report.

Trainz Bug Report (typeform.com)

This is why this is still in beta and not released. Even though many of the parts of the program work okay, beta releases still have issues and are sent out by the programmers for users to test further and report the things they find. By you submitting the bug report, they will have this on the list to be fixed and we won't have to wait for a service pack or hot fix to take care of the bug at a later date.

Hi Yorkshire.

Sorry to read you have some problems with background and foreground colors in EIT dialogs making things no longer usable ...

The problem comes that in a lot of scripted dialogs, N3V chooses the default backgound color used while the script developper chooses the foreground color used inside the dialogs ... To make things readable, we try to use white foreground color on dark background and black foreground color for light backgrounds ... but if for any reason in a following version, the background color used switches from light to dark, then the foreground color used may become inadequate ... in our case, background color has been updated in build 121380 to a quite very dark background color, making the previous foreground black color used with a lighter background totally inadequate ...

The goodnews is that I will publish soon a new version of EIT libraries to switch foreground color used to white to make things again readable ... My only hope for the future is that N3V default background remains consistant using dark color, so that we no longer need to publish updates to adjust foreground color used to the last choice of dark or light background used in the last Trainz build ...

Sorry for the disturbance ...
Regards.
Pierre.

Why does the script choose the colors? That might not work on systems that automatically change the background color depending upon the time of day. Is there a way to check the background color and change the font color based upon that?

Thankyou for your replies. I just lost it last night with frustration! Thanks Pierre for all that you put in, it really is appreciated. I will calm down before I get banned!

John

Many applications allow the end user to choose colours, font sizes and many other elements for the UI. However, in the N3V world the UI is regarded as 'Polish'. So frustrating.

Hi.

The new version of EITs <kuid2:61392:8190:97> is currently on its way to DLS (should be available in the 24 hours ...) and is now using white foreground text color instead of black text color, so that dialogs are easily readable with the darker background colors used in build 121380. The white foreground text color remains also still readable under previous build 119450 which uses a medium grey background color.

The new version includes also a few fixes for a few random problems encountered when using heavily Mission Codes with EITs. Mission Code stuff ( Mission Code Manager <kuid2:61392:8200:93> and Mission Code Library <kuid2:61392:8290:93> ) should be upgraded to release 93 to take benefit of these fixes and are also currently on their way to DLS (should be available in the next 24 jours ...).

I hope that this update will enable all EITs or MCM users to continue using EITs / MCM in their routes/sessions as before with no readability problems ...

Regards.
Pierre.

Many thanks for all your work to make Trainz more enjoyable. I do have random problems with paths canceling before the train clears it but can't work it out yet.

I hope that this update will enable all EITs or MCM users to continue using EITs / MCM in their routes/sessions as before with no readability problems ...

Thankyou Pierre for this work and your updates. Just to say that when I posted the original post that started this thread, I did NOT have you or your work in mind at all. Looking forward to downloading a now usable version for my new route. Thank you for your work rounds. Will be appreciated by the community.

Regards

John

Back