Signal Issue - Stop & Go

boleyd

I have a "X" crossover exiting a yard with a Searchlight 06 signal on each track.
The is are no other active trains. Train approaches the signal on its track which is showing red.
The train stops and a few seconds later gets a green and proceeds.

I have this "false red" with a several second forced stop, elsewhere on the route (not on an "X"). So why does a "06" show red when only one train is running? Also, what is the "stop and go" logic?

The type 06 signal is a diverging signal and not a stop signal. A stop signal is a type 04. To prevent trains from waiting for a block to completely clear before entering, you can place a type 05 signal in between where the type 06 starts, and the type 04s block the exit. This is a permissive signal that allows trains to enter the same block but are separated by from other.

Thanks, that makes sense BUT -- only one train is "on-track". Thus I would not expect a 06 signal to ever shoe red and delay the "thru train" unless the following switch was not set for straight. In this specific case the train is leaving the yard and no other train has a driver. the lone 06 proceeds an X crossover at the end of the yard. When the session begins th 06 shows red and does so until the ultimately blocked train receives a green about 10 seconds after arrival at the switch. Also, all 4 switches in the X crossing after the 06 are initially set to red, and remain so, from the start of the session. Visually verified the switch settings.

The best guess is that the AI is not recognizing the approaching train and verifying proper setting of the 06's. I has about 25 seconds to do so after the start of the train. Next step is to set up scenarios on a clean test system (railroad). Note: This happens further on during the run and on other layouts. I just think of it as a normal Stop and Go (red then green) traffic signal designed to forcibly slow traffic.

Version 121380 Traniz 2022 Windows 11

Last edited:
I've noticed in this version that there's sometimes a bit of a delay between a signal changing aspects and the AI reacting to it. This time seems to increase as the session is operated.

Still, I think in your case, the AI are checking for possible routes due to how the type 06 is scripted. When the AI encounters a type 06 signal, it looks for the two possible routes that the AI can take. This can add to the delay in the action of the signals.

Agree - This is a large route (MSGSAPPER's Maine Coast (Portland to Canada)With three long inland branches.. I have other delays attributable AI.
I'll use my imagination to rationalize this delay. Need more cores. 12 ain't enough.
THANKS

Back