Mac problem? Illegible instructions

rhban

Is this a Mac problem? I had mentioned in another thread about possible writing in Debugger that was unreadable, in fact barely discernible, but I've found the same problem in another place.

I noticed in another thread someone being told they weren't using the latest version of trs22, so I checked mine and once again there was possible writing that I couldn't read - sort of light grey writing on the the grey background. I'm sure it isn't meant to come out like that.

If you have a gray background for data then some messages will be very vague. .I share that issue. It should be easy to code this stuff to check background and adjust accordingly - BUT...

Sorry, I used to be able to put screen shots into forum messages, but it is simply too hard now.

I wrote about some of this way back in January of 2022. It was in response to installing Trainz Plus Release Candidate 116175 on my Mac and the issues I had with the Trainz UI on Mac.

I noted Mac UI issues more than once. I now run Trainz on my Windows PC only. My 5 Macs are used for everything else but I can't deal with Trainz on Mac. Admittedly, maybe things have gotten better since Jan of 2022 but I gave up on it.

Excerpt from the post (which is linked below.)
Also - I'm running "dark mode" and the Online Patch screen is not "dark friendly." The online patch window text is white on a very light background. If I didn't know it was there I wouldn't notice it at all. The text is: "Patches will be installed to the following folder" and "To continue, click next". The next panel is also bad.. The lables "Username" and "Password" are barely visible as it the next panel also, "Stream"

Here is the original post from January 2022
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-(Mac)-is-now-available&p=1908691#post1908691

Last edited:
The wording is too vague to resolve the issue and there is no screenshots. I am just not seeing an issue.

1611 Mac, there is no issue with those screens. Not sure when it was solved. Screenshots are from 119458, however the latest Trainz+ beta also has no issue.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Oh.. wow.. I apologize then. Good info. I'd install a copy on my M1 but (I wish it wasn't true) my PC runs Trainz a lot better and there's just too many advantages on the PC (to get a beta on Mac takes much longer, etc). And if the UI is fixed on Mac I apologize to N3V. Know that I'm pulling for the Mac users! But I have the PC here so... The PC is for simming.. My six Macs are for my personal use and work. A couple of my old iMacs are just for watching live train cams... etc.

However, I do wonder now what the original post in this thread is all about. I hope they reply.

Dark mode is the overall appearance of your device's color scheme. I have mine normally set to auto, so it is dark at night and light during the day. For this testing, I manually switched them. The top screenshot is in dark mode, and the bottom is in light. Dark mode is nice at night as it doesn't put out as much light from the screen. Trainz now takes advantage of the mode switching and can change the appearance automatically, with the system changes, even if the changes happen while Trainz is running. This appearance changes did cause problems in the past in Trainz.

Apple Dark mode support page

Trainz Wiki Screenshot page

With Apple command + shift + 5, brings up the screen capture for part of the screen.

Dark mode is the overall appearance of your device's color scheme. I have mine normally set to auto, so it is dark at night and light during the day. For this testing, I manually switched them. The top screenshot is in dark mode, and the bottom is in light. Dark mode is nice at night as it doesn't put out as much light from the screen. Trainz now takes advantage of the mode switching and can change the appearance automatically, with the system changes, even if the changes happen while Trainz is running. This appearance changes did cause problems in the past in Trainz.

Apple Dark mode support page

Trainz Wiki Screenshot page

With Apple command + shift + 5, brings up the screen capture for part of the screen.

OK, since I only mess with Trainz during the day and my Mac is set to auto, it was not dark mode. I used to be able to post photos in this forum, then it got harder and I had to send them to Photbucket and send the address to the forum, but now it's so hard that very few people post photos, which presumably was the intention to save memory.

That is all I do to post screenshots. I upload my photos to Trainz Gallery, wait a bit for the photos to process, grab the url of the photos, click on the photo icon in the forum reply, and past in the url. Done. Doesn’t sound different from what you did with Photo Bucket.

I need either a screenshot or very detailed instructions to find where the illegible text is at.

rhban..you say this is in the latest version of trs22 - which release? Is that latest "retail" version or Plus? (I see TRS22 and PLUS both in your timeline)

rhban..you say this is in the latest version of trs22 - which release? Is that latest "retail" version or Plus? (I see TRS22 and PLUS both in your timeline)

Version 121370

I think I am "plus".

Last edited:
That is all I do to post screenshots. I upload my photos to Trainz Gallery, wait a bit for the photos to process, grab the url of the photos, click on the photo icon in the forum reply, and past in the url. Done. Doesn’t sound different from what you did with Photo Bucket.

I need either a screenshot or very detailed instructions to find where the illegible text is at.

I wanted to post a picture re. another issue, but where is Trainz Gallery, please? I did a search, but all it turned up was every forum post containing the words "Trainz" and "gallery", which wasn't a lot of help.

Trainz Gallery

You will will need to logon with your Trainz account to post photos. I can only get it to upload one photo per submission and allow it ten minutes to post the photo. I usually search for my user name to isolate my photos. Once it show up, click on it, then right click on the photo and copy image address. Then in the forum post, click on the photo icon, then paste in the photo url address.

illegible-notes.jpg

This is the kind of thing I have been experiencing. Magnified this big, I see it is just about readable, but the size it normally appears at on my screen - it is just a grey rectangle with lighter grey smudges.

Back