Trains not stopping at some stations

Leo1704

I am having trouble with trains not stopping at some stations even though directed to do so in driving queue. They are directed also to load and/or unload passengers, and yet while they slow down, they don't actually stop to unload/load etc. Even if they stop, they don't unload/load. Does anyone know why this is happening, and can suggest a remedy. Does it have to do with signals? The strange this is that this works well with almost all my stations except for two. I use the Skipton/Carlisle route.
Many thanks
Leo

Hello Leo. There are a number of posts on this subject and a number of people have been experiencing issues such as you're finding. This includes trains that are actually stopping but in the wrong part of the platform. Old out of date stations or track with platform and passengers included. Stations with triggers with various triggers to stop different lengths of train. Watch out for any 'European' stations as you may find the doors open on the wrong side of the train. We drive on the left and Europe drives on the right. Using a German station / tram stop has all the triggers in the 'wrong' order for our use.

Check the coaches you are using accept passengers. In the config there will be a list of "sitpoints". There is more to all of this and as I said, there are a number of other posts on this topic in the forum.

A quick fix for you to try is putting a trackmark at the stopping end of the platform and name it. Drive to it and load and unload commands. Add a short 'Wait for' command for (say) one minute and then drive to the next station. Rinse and repeat. This seems to work for most people. I am not sure a mix of different types of station by other creators is not confusing the AI as they use different combinations of rules and methods.

Hope this helps a bit but there are others who will come and offer some advice. I am sure you will find the answer eventually.

Doug

Last edited:
What are the two stations? It has been noted that some station scripts used to fail because they counted the number of assets in the consist to determine the stop point. An example would be numbers 1 to 8 and 8 to 12 which should give two stopping positions. Sometimes the script gets confused as 8 is in both instructions which should have read 1 to 7 and 8 to 12. It has been overcome by adding or deleting one piece of rolling stock.

I am having trouble with trains not stopping at some stations even though directed to do so in driving queue. They are directed also to load and/or unload passengers, and yet while they slow down, they don't actually stop to unload/load etc. Even if they stop, they don't unload/load. Does anyone know why this is happening, and can suggest a remedy. Does it have to do with signals? The strange this is that this works well with almost all my stations except for two. I use the Skipton/Carlisle route.
Many thanks
Leo

The problem of trains not stopping on the SnC route was discussed at length many years ago the main problem I found was the route has a number of varying gradients some quite long and the train cannot stop or slow down in time for the various triggers whether they be station triggers or trackmarks. I used invisible speed signals to slow the trains to a more suitable speed. Trainz looks ahead for speed signals but only sees the track marker within the set radius.

Ken

Back