NVIDIA geforce rtx 3090 24gb graphics card problems

tume

Hello,

does anybody have experiences about problems using a NVIDIA geforce rtx 3090 24gb graphics card?

Unfortunately my screen turns black quite often during my work in surveyor (TRS2022). Soon after that the monitor says "no signal" while the PC is still running. There is no blue screen error or so - just the screen turns black. After that I have to turn of the PC hardly by long-pressing the hardware start button - of course whithin the lose of everything done after the last saving.

Does everybody know something about that matter?

Your's TUME

My thinking it's heat. What are your GPU temperatures at? TRS22 really, really pushes the video cards hard.

I recommend running MSI Afterburner to help monitor and cool your video card.

Afterburner (msi.com)

My thinking it's heat. What are your GPU temperatures at? TRS22 really, really pushes the video cards hard.

I recommend running MSI Afterburner to help monitor and cool your video card.

Afterburner (msi.com)

Thank you!

I already checked the temperature. I really should have mentioned that. The temperature goes up to 75°C not more - which should not be too much. But I will see what I can find out more by using the afterburner tool.

+1 with the power supply.....that card takes a HUGE amount of power to keep running. How big is the power supply?

I did some checking around on the NVidia forums and your issue may be related to the latest driver update.

If you installed the latest driver 535.98, then there's a hotfix to resolve issues such as black screens and flickering.

One user noted that enabling the DSR will cause the black screen. If you have that enabled, disable it.

Your temperatures are fine for your video card. That's really good that they don't go up more than that. I see about the same, or a bit less with my RTX3080.

I have a RTX 3090Ti card (more like a brick) with 24 GB vram. My nVidia driver version is 526.98 and the PC's power supply unit is 1200W.

I don't have TRS22 but have not seen black screen or signal problems using T:ANE or TRS19, even with the Murchison 3 beta route (the most highly over-populated layout I have access to) at GPU usage of 97-100%. Temperature of the card never goes above 62 C.

Hallo,

thank you very much for your answers!

Yesterday I updated for the latest driver (535.98). After reboot the balck screen effect occurred again in TRS2022. But I will test it again. I still need to check my power supply mudule - at the moment I dont know its maximum capacity. I also installed the Firestorm Tool - something like the afterburner. By limiting the maximum temerature I also can drop down the maximum allowed power which the card can use. I will paly arround with that to find out more.

Your's TUME

Try using the nVidia controls to limit the fps for Trainz to your monitor’s refresh rate.
that saved my pc’s power and gpu temps

Back