Route merging question

fjbicrf

Greetings,

When merging routes, can they be rotated to keep the same East-West or North-South orientation as the main route? Or are they fixed in their original orientation?

Fred Bray

Yep, that's what I thought. Just have to make the route that is being merged a branch line to the main route.

Fred Bray

You can try copying and pasting the terrain using Surveyor 2.0 but it's really, really difficult to line things up.

I have done this in the past John. What I did was back out until I could see the 4 corners of the baseboard and mark the corner points with something obvious like a red UK phone box or a flag on a pole. Then I could copy the square and rotate it. It was not always 100% but close enough and just a terrain tidy up to finish. Some artistic licence and best guess but what I have suggested is about as good as it gets.

Doug

You can try copying and pasting the terrain using Surveyor 2.0 but it's really, really difficult to line things up.

Yes, it is difficult. This is a case where Surveyor Classic actually works better for this task because you can see the paste area before pasting.

Actually, with the S2.0 Scrapbook feature, I just need to copy the baseboards from the route that I had planned on merging and paste them into the route that I am building.

Fred Bray

Back