Missing Surveyor 2.0 option in TrainzPlus Build 117009

MSGSapper

Trainz route developer
I have been editing my test route (build 5.0) in Trainz Plus Build 117009 Surveor using the Edit in Classic Surveyor option in the Tools menu. I decided to change to Surveyor 2.0 today to try something and realized that the Surveyor 2.0 option is now missing from the Tools menu. It was there before, although I haven't used it for a while.

I subscribe to TrainzPlus and am in good standing regarding my account.

I can't seem to find anyway to bring the Surveyor 2.0 option item back. Am I missing something here?

Bob

Further to the above, the latest Trainz Plus build is 119450. You need Trainz Plus to use Surveyor 2.0 (it is not in TRS22 unless you also have the Trainz Plus subscription).

Addendum: Just a thought. Check that your username and password have not somehow vanished from the Trainz Settings -> MyTrainz tab.

Last edited:
Further to the above, the latest Trainz Plus build is 119450. You need Trainz Plus to use Surveyor 2.0 (it is not in TRS22 unless you also have the Trainz Plus subscription).

Addendum: Just a thought. Check that your username and password have not somehow vanished from the Trainz Settings -> MyTrainz tab.

Now I am confused. The routes being generated by my build 117009 version of Trainz are being shown as Trainz Build 5.0 which I understood allows for Surveyor 2.0. I remember using Trainz Surveyor 2.0 not that long ago in this same version and now its gone. My account is ok in settings. I am not being offered any TRS22 options in the Change Trainz Update Stream nor am I being shown that updates are available in the Install tab. What gives here?

Bob

Search in Windows Explorer for TRS22.exe to find your Trainz Plus build.
If you haven't got it installed, install build 119450 from MyTrainz.

The routes being generated by my build 117009 version of Trainz are being shown as Trainz Build 5.0 which I understood allows for Surveyor 2.0.

Routes with build 5.0 are from TRS19 SP5.
TRS22 routes are build 5.1, TRS22 SP1 and the latest non-beta Trainz Plus (with Surveyor 2.0) are build 5.2

Search in Windows Explorer for TRS22.exe to find your Trainz Plus build.
If you haven't got it installed, install build 119450 from MyTrainz.

Thanks Tony and all others who replied.

What I don't understand is how this happened. I have been with TrainzPlus for a few years now and have always used the Trainz update process. At one point I had Surveyor 2.0 available but now it's gone. I guess I am going to have to re-install Trainz Plus build 119450 from MyTrainz. What a pain!

Bob

You may have updated it to the TRS22 retail version which does not have S2.0.

Thinking it over there is one possibility for why this happened. Several months ago I did a clean install of Windows 11 on my system. As a result I had to re-install all my software inclduing Trainz. When it comes to Trainz I usually go to MyTrainz and download software from the My Digital Downloads section as I have done over many years. I did not realize at the bottom there was another section called Product Downloads. It is possible that is where I went wrong, although I can't remember for certain.

Here is a screenshot of MyTrainz webpage:

TrainzPlus-issue.jpg

That there are two separate areas in MyTrainz to download Trainz is confusing. Takle a look and you will see that there are Trainz installation files available for download in the My Digital Downloads section as well as the Product Downloads section. IMHO they need to move the Product Downloads section to the top or remove Trainz installation files from the My Digital Downloads section.

In any case I have now fixed the problem.

Bob

My digital downloads are your purchased items. The product downloads are the ones you have access to as a member or are included with a Trainz version and are not purchased. These are loaned until purchased and will be canceled if you leave the membership without purchasing them.

Maybe a bit off topic but I have today become a trainz+ monthly member. My question is whether or not there are any tutorials on using S2.0?

Appreciate any suggestions to assist what looks like a steep learning curve.
Cheers,
Val.

My question is whether or not there are any tutorials on using S2.0?

There is a Surveyor 2.0 Overview at https://docs.trainzsimulator.com/v1/docs/surveyor20

There is a more detailed guide (reference and tutorials) on the Surveyor 2.0 Tools at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_S20_Tools

There is a more detailed guide (reference and tutorials) on the Surveyor 2.0 Palettes at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_S20_Palettes

and yes, it is a steep learning curve but well worth it.

I understand they need to keep buoyant but selling trs22 on sale and not having surveyor 2.0 is blatant robbery

selling trs22 on sale and not having surveyor 2.0 is blatant robbery

Why is it blatant robbery?

There are plenty of "economy" level products on sale (and "on sale") in the market that don't have all the features of the "deluxe" versions - cars, TVs, even hamburgers. I could go to the local fast food store and order a cheap cheeseburger for $'s less than the "Whopper with the Workx". Is that also "blatant robbery" because the cheeseburger does not have everything that is in the Whopper? The "Whopper" has more components and takes longer to make. Surveyor 2.0 has more components and has taken a lot of time and effort (i.e. $$$) to develop.

Why is it blatant robbery?

There are plenty of "economy" level products on sale (and "on sale") in the market that don't have all the features of the "deluxe" versions - cars, TVs, even hamburgers. I could go to the local fast food store and order a cheap cheeseburger for $'s less than the "Whopper with the Workx". Is that also "blatant robbery" because the cheeseburger does not have everything that is in the Whopper? The "Whopper" has more components and takes longer to make. Surveyor 2.0 has more components and has taken a lot of time and effort (i.e. $$$) to develop.
I agree to some degree, it would have been nice if it was clearly stated that is was an economy Level in the advertising instead of all the new things that are not present.

If you click on the Trainz22 link at the top of this page and scroll about halfway down you will see all the Trainz 22 ("Economy") features listed alongside those of Trainz Plus ("Deluxe") and Gold ("Super-Deluxe"). There is no deception, it is all stated clearly and openly.

I agree to some degree, it would have been nice if it was clearly stated that is was an economy Level in the advertising instead of all the new things that are not present.

The Trainz 22 purchase page seems pretty clear that Surveyor 2.0 is a plus version.

Want more from Trainz?

Surveyor 2.0 is by far our best TRAINZ PLUS update EVER!

Very bold and large font. So it seems very blatant in clearly marking S2.0 isn't in the retail version.​

Last edited:
People in all product forums like to blame the Company for their own lack of research before buying.

Back