is there a more unreiiable game than trainz?

"Is there a more unreliable game than Trainz?"

I don't know about unreliable, but I know of no games with a steeper Learning Curve.

Yes, although much of that is related to content and navigating the DLS , the actual program to create routes is relatively easy to work with, of course the scripting side and session writing etc, is pretty steep learning curve . Now back in the day programs like Cararra , Flash and Director were absolute swines to use in very many ways, but they weren't games.

I took your advice and excluded both the 2019 game folder and the database to exclude scanning of 2019, no difference,as I still have the rotating circle in surveyor;-see below.

The problem is I have many new assets for the Alpine tunnel route that I've yet to upload to DLS as I may not use all of them, would have to transfer a LOT of stuff as cdps over to 2022 . Also 99% of the time this hasn't been an issue when defender has been used, why would it only occasionally have this problem, I'd expect it to be fairly constant , this problem appears and goes although the part few days its being a persistent issue.

Today I did another extended database repair, but even after that, I have noticed on startup of trainz 2019 , when I go into surveyor a white transparent circle is constantly rotating in the centre of the screen , in front of the " Select " window , this would indicate to me some aspect of the program is not functioning correctly, processes unfulfilled in some way ? .

This is not occurring in 2022, if it was the root cause then I'd expect it to occur in both versions, 2022 seems not to have saving issues .

This is before I actually open any routes, or use any content .This isn't present when I'm opening 2022 , which I'm just testing to see how a payware route will perform on high settings. Driving west to denver,even with the database install on an external drive which not fast, no issues with performance at high settings with draw distance 12.500 ft and session saved and opened very quickly.

If you do an EDR, Trainz will rebuild the cache. The content is being indexed and cached again so that the next time you open your route, it'll run faster. The rebuilding process can take some time depending on the amount of content you have installed.

It doesn't hurt to exclude your Trainz folders from real-time antivirus scanning. I have found that Defender did cause some performance issues and by excluding the program and folders, that helped a lot.

If you do an EDR, Trainz will rebuild the cache. The content is being indexed and cached again so that the next time you open your route, it'll run faster. The rebuilding process can take some time depending on the amount of content you have installed.

It doesn't hurt to exclude your Trainz folders from real-time antivirus scanning. I have found that Defender did cause some performance issues and by excluding the program and folders, that helped a lot.
I don't know whether this is sheer coincidence or not, but disabling defender on the trainz app and on the database seemed to make no difference, however, when I then unplugged the laptop internet connection, the spinning disc stopped. So far ,nothing has been lost. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Hopefully this may have fixed the problem.

Cities Skylines. A simple program update and it breaks the add-ons and mods causing old saves to be totally trashed with no return.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree John, I find Cities Skylines to be one of the most stable and bug-free games I've ever played, and this is from someone who loads a ton of mods as well. As long as you put in a bit of effort to keep your mods up to date (and stay away from crappy ones), it will chug along until you literally hit its hard limits. Crashes caused by mods can hardly be blamed on the developer, which doesn't seem to be the case for Dangavel whereby the base software itself is buggy.

I had something very similar not too long ago with my Route but in TRS22.Kept saving every time I opened it it asked if I wanted to (Load saved changes or not) although I had saved when exiting previously.
Then when going into the game found as you said things were gone or in some cases were unable to move certain objects and track from where they were.
The only solution I could find was to upload my Route to CPD. Then re install the game and import Route back in which solved the problem.
I think it was either corruption in the game itself or faulty assets somewhere causing it but after the move to the new install I haven't had aproblem

I use windows defender , what would be a reason why it would affect saving some items and not others ? .why does it only occur occasionally ?
I suppose I could load the route up in 2022 and see if the same thing occurs. Beggars can't be choosers.
Unfortunately with widows defender it is one of the causes of the problems with this program. I have problems even just saving and exporting contents, not just saving sessions. So much so that I am often forced to use the three keys to enter the Task manager and finish the task. activity.. In my opinion it is also a problem with win10 and its components. Before with win 7 it didn't happen. Never had any problems with win7 and train 2012. I'm seriously thinking about going back to win 7 and trainz 2012.

Back