Roads disappear...

Fierogt87

Addicted to TranzDEM
Not sure why some of my roads disappear, always the same ones, yet they are the same asset as the ones that dont disappear... I still have 16 gigs of system RAM and 3 gigs of video ram free while Trainz 22 is running... I can click and select them while they're invisible, and if I alt-click them, they magically appear...

b1nuEQC.mp4

war9fYC.png

"Always the same ones" could mean a problem with that particular road spline. What is/are the kuids involved?

I have downloaded and installed both and ran some tests but cannot duplicate your issue. I don't think it is a hardware issue.

Possibly a Trainz Settings issue.

Do you get the same issue in Driver or is it just in Surveyor?

A few things to look at:-

In the Main Surveyor Menu - Video Settings:-

1. Make sure that the Process Objects Behind Camera control is ticked on
  2. Set the three Detail and Processing sliders at High or Ultra

That seems like a good thing to look at, but it didn't change anything. I tried deleting and re-laying a few sections, but again, no change...

same thing occurs in driver

Last edited:
Thanks for the link ajrf.

Fierrogt87, I would recommend that you read that thread. It does contain some suggestions that you might try.

Is it this particular asset in a particular area?

I recently stumbled upon what I believe to be the cause, not that the solution is a nice one.

The issue had nothing to do with the roads or other splines themselves, and much more to do with other scenery objects in the area. If there is one or more asset that's poorly constructed or has other issues, then it puts a drag on the game and causes the track and other spline assets to load up slowly.

On my large route where I put the two and two together, I simply removed the offending large asset, after a long process of hunting down the culprit. The fact that this occurred in one particular area was a clue. The offending asset turned out to be a large warehouse structure, a very old asset by the way, that was causing the problem. I've since replaced that with one of Dave Snow's better made buildings which looks better anyway.

Keep in mind that this is a solution to one instance of the problem and may or may not be the only cause. I recommend looking around your route.

Keep in mind too that some tracks and roads are made better than others, meaning some while very detailed are extremely polygon heavy to start with which doesn't help the cause. During my troubleshooting, I replaced my track with something else. This helped some but didn't completely solve the problem. The warehouse in this section of my very large route was culprit this time where the problem occurred.

Thanks for the link ajrf.

Fierrogt87, I would recommend that you read that thread. It does contain some suggestions that you might try.

I tried all the stuff mentioned in that thread, not seeing any difference. I did update my nVidia drivers recently, but this issue precedes that, and the upgrade didnt change anything.

I did manage to load the route into TRS19+ by changing the build number in the config. The roads don't disappear there...

Back