Modifying and uploading Auran content?

Piere

G'day All,

Just wondering what the ettiquette is regarding (possibly) modifying and uploading an Auran asset please?

I'd like to slightly modify a packaged asset (<kuid2:523:19723947:2> Tside Turntable AUS 2) with a view to uploading it to the dls, if that would be allowed?

If not this asset, then I would like to use a texture from it to modify a similar item on the dls, if that was ok instead.

There's nothing in the config file about eula, so I'm not sure what the go is.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,
Piere.

If there is nothing in the config then due to the way most countries copyright laws work, copyright protection is automatically given to the creator even without a notice that says "(C) [author name] xxxx all rights reserved" which means you'd have to track down the person who created it to ask for permission.

I have cloned Auran assets and put them on the DLS. I follow these rules.

Do not sell it as payware
Do not host it on your own website
Do not say it's your own creation
Add a least a keyword to the desciption so as to not confuse it with the original
Mention it's an Auran Clone in your description, for example;

<kuid2:647907:100648:3> CDE Multiple Industry New

Cloned from Auran's Multiple_Industry_New <kuid:-25:1224> and revised to allow 6 commodities in both the Consume and Produce under the Processes tab. Height Adjustable and Rollable. When rolling, connected tracks may become detached, simply reattach.

- Rev 1. Height Adjustable
- Rev 2. Rollable
- Rev 3. Updated script for obsolete functions

Last edited:
the short answer is no! You can't without proper permission, this has been discussed many times before.

G'day and thanks for the replies.

I guess I should have clarified: I do understand the usual copywrite rules of "not without permission" and have no intent of doing the wrong thing.

It's just that I have seen people release various Auran content on the DLS, so I was wondering whether N3V may have a standing policy regarding their (non payware) content in this regard?

Cheers,
Piere.

It's just that I have seen people release various Auran content on the DLS, so I was wondering whether N3V may have a standing policy regarding their (non payware) content in this regard?

Cheers,
Piere.

This WiKi page does: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Download_Station_License_Agreement The page was last updated in 2015.

You would need to read it carefully to see if any changes you want to make were within the terms of that agreement and, if there is doubt, contact the help desk.

I am one of those people that has modified and released original Auran DLS content and posted it back onto the DLS.

This was done on the basis of a statement made many years ago that Auran/N3V did not mind users modifying and releasing (on the DLS only) original Auran/N3V content. I included in the content description a note that the source was Auran/N3V.

I am one of those people that has modified and released original Auran DLS content and posted it back onto the DLS.

This was done on the basis of a statement made many years ago that Auran/N3V did not mind users modifying and releasing (on the DLS only) original Auran/N3V content. I included in the content description a note that the source was Auran/N3V.

I was also under the impression this was ok. There are 624 City and Country routes on the DLS right now.

I've released some modified N3V content. I've always contacted them asking for permission; just like any other piece of content I modify for release. There is an email address to use:

contentcreators AT n3vgames DOT com

Auran has used others content in their own products, sometimes without permission, so I don't see what the issue is with modifying their DLC content. It benefits their product in the long run anyway.

RE: Auran Content;
As I said in post #3

Do not sell it as payware
Do not host it on your own website
Do not say it's your own creation
Add a least a keyword to the desciption so as to not confuse it with the original
Mention it's an Auran Clone in your description

Post #4, that may be true for other publishers content
Post #5,#6,#7,#8,#9.. Right On! Thank You!

Just a tackin since it's helpful (redundent a tad, but explains a bit more in-depth)
ccas.png

this is from the content creation art source 2004 dvd

Back