Why am I being charged 69.49 a year for game?? 2 times??

TRS19 became TRS19 Platinum when some features were added in (can't remember what), so there may be a Platinum version of TRS22 with perhaps S20 and HD terrain added. I hope so as MPS was not enough for me to justify getting TRS22.
I think one of the additions to Platinum were the camera angles (car, drone, walk, fly, etc). If a platinum edition does come around I will certainly look into that, but with the way N3V is doing things with Trainz+, I'm not going to hold my breath.

I have to admit that one reason I haven't upgraded yet, is that it gets too confusing. Too many levels and I don't know which way I want to go, so I just stick with TRS19. I don't mind the SAAS model, but I will say that I currently don't use any software that is offered that way. I don't use Microsoft Office, I don't use Photoshop, etc. We cut the cable company only to find we are paying more now in subscription services than we ever did for cable TV, although we get to pick what we want to watch now. No more 100 channels of "nothing's on".

Microsoft Office 365 ? Open Office or Libre Office
Photoshop ? Paint.net or Gimp
etc.

It's a slow, but inexorable crawl. I get the need for DRM but I also object to the idea that "someone" "out there" can turn off what I paid for at any time.

Can you imagine buying a computer from, randomly, HP - then years later HP falls on hard times and closes (or is bought and shuttered).

So they shut down the authentication servers because there's no one left to pay the bills.

And now your computer won't startup - just sitting on a screen reading

"Contacting Auth Servers. One moment please..."

That's where we basically are with software, and a failing software company's last gasp isn't going to be spent on casting off the DRM locks. You're just boned.

I speak from experience with some fairly niche engineering software many moons ago.

Makes me nervous, esp when we keep hearing (at least until recently) how N3V isn't profitable really, or barely so.

I think one of the additions to Platinum were the camera angles (car, drone, walk, fly, etc). If a platinum edition does come around I will certainly look into that, but with the way N3V is doing things with Trainz+, I'm not going to hold my breath.

The other big item was "Unified Driver / Surveyor" which allows keystroke jumps between the two - a feature which I will admit I GROSSLY underestimated the utility of.

It's rather handy to be able to "run the line" and stop and "hop out" and tidy up a spline or slightly move a tree when and where you discover a glitch.

Back