Not assigned

rhban

Not sure what has happened here. When I go to Drive Session, I am now getting the message no drivers assigned to vehicles.
So, I go to Edit Session and get to the page where I can see all my drivers, their assigned trains and driving instructions. I save this again and save the session again. I go back to Drive Session and once again I am told no driver has been assigned a train. I can see all my drivers, but somehow their instructions have been removed.
Who said Trainz was invented to drive us mad?

My only suggestion in this baffling case would be to exit Trainz completely, then restart to Content Manager and perform a DBR.

I have a similar problem as of late: most of my trains will have drivers, but there are always 2 or 3 that don't. Once I assign them, they stay good.

Also take a look at the "check boxes" under the list of drivers. Your problem may be there.

Also take a look at the "check boxes" under the list of drivers. Your problem may be there.

Not that, I'm afraid, and nothing that Game Debug "Helper" helped with.
The latter is, for me at least, totally useless: a grey box with 3 choices: Quit Game, Continue with Errors, Continue - I'm not at all sure what the difference is between the last two, but either way it was of no help. It certainly made no attempt to tell me what the error might be.

By trial and luck, I discovered one train was derailed. Sorted that, but there was still a problem the Debug Tool interrupted me with. Again, with trial and error, I discovered that one of my locomotives that I have been using for the last 3-4 weeks with no problems, no longer exists. At least, I can't find PT ICE WON1 anywhere in DLS or even in my own content list. Weird!
Anyway, changed that and, touch wood, everything is now working again.

Not that, I'm afraid, and nothing that Game Debug "Helper" helped with.
The latter is, for me at least, totally useless: a grey box with 3 choices: Quit Game, Continue with Errors, Continue - I'm not at all sure what the difference is between the last two, but either way it was of no help. It certainly made no attempt to tell me what the error might be.

By trial and luck, I discovered one train was derailed. Sorted that, but there was still a problem the Debug Tool interrupted me with. Again, with trial and error, I discovered that one of my locomotives that I have been using for the last 3-4 weeks with no problems, no longer exists. At least, I can't find PT ICE WON1 anywhere in DLS or even in my own content list. Weird!
Anyway, changed that and, touch wood, everything is now working again.

I am seriously thinking of giving up on TRS for a while, as it proving so difficult. My current gripe is "Game Debug Helper" that does not help one bit, but keeps interrupting my game without telling me why. I now realise that the grey box does, in fact, contain writing, but since it is in the same colour as the box it is impossible to read.

Possibly another Mac issue?

I can try it on my Mac, however I need to know route etc, in order to duplicate it, to see if I get the same problems.

I can try it on my Mac, however I need to know route etc, in order to duplicate it, to see if I get the same problems.

This is the route I am currently creating. In fact, my first serious route using Surveyor2. I have no idea how to make it available to anyone else.

As said earlier, I think I am going to have to give up Trainz for a while at least as it is unusable at the moment

Sadly "Unusable" isn't something we can fix without more detail. Please submit a bug report explaining the problem. https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Well, I submitted a report. Whoever answered, asked me a couple of questions and then just abandoned me. So I suppose I will have think about stopping any further payments and look for another "game" - inverted commas because it had become almost a way of life, but there it is - if I can't use it, I will have to look for something else.

You may want to try posting your issue under Surveyors, Operators and Engineers? And since it is a route you are building, you may want someone with route building experience in Surveyor 2.0 to have a look at it.

Well, I submitted a report. Whoever answered, asked me a couple of questions and then just abandoned me.

You won't get daily updates on your problem. The fact that you got a response is a sign that they have recognized that there is a "possible" problem and are looking into it. They get many reports on a wide range of issues but have only a small staff. So you have not been "abandoned".

One of the common problems is reproducing the reported issue on other Trainz installs - if they cannot do that then they are often at a "dead end". The only option is to wait for other similar reports to come in. Many problems, I am certain, are system or hardware related. Certainly some of my bug reports have turned out to have been caused by issues with my system - it happens! (and I am NOT claiming that your problem is only within your system)

I have submitted many bug reports over the years and the result is often the same for me. I usually (but not always) get a response asking a few questions or giving some suggestions to try. I respond with answers or test results and there is no further correspondence - as I said don't expect regular updates and you have not been abandoned.

So I suppose I will have think about stopping any further payments and look for another "game" - inverted commas because it had become almost a way of life, but there it is - if I can't use it, I will have to look for something else.

That is an over-reaction. Even if they quickly discover that a bug in the code is the cause of your problem then don't expect it to be magically fixed overnight and a new version released the very next day. "Bug fixing" is a notoriously dangerous process - fixing a problem here can easily create a new problem somewhere else.

Several years ago I reported one bug that was critical to my session building and it was reproducible but it took several updates (and a new Trainz version) before it was finally fixed. I used "work arounds" until the fix was made. I suspect that I was the only user who had reported the problem (at least no one responded to my thread on the issue:'( - it was an orphan post).

My thoughts.

I had an issue where id pick the loco from the list in Driver Setup Rule and click the check. Then when I went to session, no driver. Go back to edit, train is red text.

Reassign. Click check. Click edit Driver Setup again - train is again red.

Wiki sez red text means the train has been removed, but it was still there.

Final solution was to place my consist by manually selecting the loco and each car, choosing and placing a presaved consist was causing the problem.

It was my own saved consist, my own session, but not my route.

??!?

Last edited:
Back