It is with great sadness, I announce the sad recent passing of Bill69...

meatloaf747

Spotter...
It is with great sadness, I announce the sad recent passing of Bill69...

(A friend who knew Bill better than I did, phoned me last night to say that he had recently passed).

May he rest in peace.

Cheers, Mac...

Sad news indeed. We just recently lost another great, Malcolm, and now this.

I had many forum conversations with Bill over the years. He will be sadly missed.

Thanks for letting us know, Mac.

The roll of honour is gaining old friends faster than I care for.

Lets hope no more this year.

Ian

My last contact with Bill69 was over a discussion about an Ab Pacific tender. A knowledgeable and helpful gentleman.

Passing of Bill69

It is with sadness I advise of the passing of Bill Lapsley, or Bill 69 as he was known, a contributor to the Trainz forum for many years. Bill, who lived in Upper Hutt, New Zealand, was 86 and had suffered a short illness.
A marine engineer who later developed an IT bias, Bill was a long time and enthusiastic Trainz fan dating from its early days. Many will remember he was always a steam locomotive enthusiast however his skills were much wider and he solved many problems and contributed many answers to members questions. One important contribution in early years was the modification of the Billigulla spreadsheet used to set up e-specs for steam locomotive realism and his revised e-specs for many of the popular steam locos are on the Download station. That spreadsheet is still used today.
With Jango’s OK, he also revised all the 2006 TrainzItalia 2006 Challengers so that they ran in TANE and, and with permission from the Cowboy, revised the UP9000’s so that they also ran in TANE and Trs 19. He made them all freely available to those who requested them especially the 9000’s and I knew many took up his offer. He was a veritable goldmine of information on Trainz and its nuances and will be sadly missed.

Condolences to the family.

He was a great help to the community and he will be missed.

Green signals ahead Bill.

I was sad to hear that Bill had left us. Condolences to his family. Bill was one of the first to step up and help me with an issue in Trainz a number of years ago and we had a number of conversations in the following years. A true gentleman and friend.

Another great user lost... Rest in peace, Bill. My condolences go out to all of your friends and family. Hopefully you, like Malcolm, like "CeeBee", like Andi, like Graham, and all the fallen members of the forums, you're in a better place now.

Just back from England and I see this. Sad to see another great leave us. Condolences to all his friends and family.

Back