new versions of an asset don't show up . do I need to wait several more days for them

LIneAxe

I am not sure why this is happening. Here it is.

I have been Creating new versions & submitting edits of a route with two sessions.

I want to start using multiplayer and one session has only had the MULTIPLAYER RULE added in to it (and will not play ats all without submitting these assets through DLS). So ,I have submitted them all faithfully up to version :9 as shown below.

<kuid2:630564:100134:9> JTR Coal Mine Tane
<kuid2:630564:100139:9> JTR COALMINE-TANE-SinglePlayerSession
<kuid2:630564:100140:9> JTR COALMINE-TANE-MultiPlayerSession

here is the content report
----------------------------------------

Content for xxxxxxxx ~ Title and Status

JTR Coal Mine Tane
<KUID2:630564:100134:9>
Last Updated: 8th May 2023
File Size: 1.53 MB
Downloaded: 3

TANE SP2/SP3 Available

JTR COALMINE-TANE-MultiPlayerSession
<KUID2:630564:100140:9>
File Size: 197.91 kb
Downloaded: 0

TANE SP2/SP3 Available

JTR COALMINE-TANE-SinglePlayerSession
<KUID2:630564:100139:9>
File Size: 199.57 kb
Downloaded: 2

TANE SP2/SP3 Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------
When I go to Download from DLS ,here is what I have been finding when I search under 'Download Station' using 'JTR' as a Filter.

<kuid2:630564:100134:9> JTR Coal Mine Tane
<kuid2:630564:100139:9> JTR COALMINE-TANE-SinglePlayerSession
<kuid2:630564:100140:4> JTR COALMINE-TANE-MultiPlayerSession

It seems that the latest version of the last session that I can download is version 4. Why was I able to download version :7 :8: and :9 of the first two but cannot find reference to these version of the last session? We want to test this one in particular as the multiplayer rule is flagging errors with all the other routes that were included with TANE Platinum. Those routes will only play in Singleplayer mode so far.

Do I wait a few days for the versions to catch up on this particular (type of) session? I had waited for 48 hours at one point but not much more than that before I had sent a new version up to DLS.

<kuid2:630564:100140:4> JTR COALMINE-TANE-MultiPlayerSession is faulty and this is the error message:

<kuid2:630564:100140:9> : Asset <kuid2:630564:100140:9> is a multiplayer session but has dependencies that are not builtin and not available on the Download Station (<kuid2:630564:100134:9>)

You should have received an e-mail saying the asset is awaiting approval but has this error. if you approve the asset then it will be forwarded to the Content Repair Group (CRG) for repair. This is not an asset that the CRG can repair for the reasons already given.

Hi Paul ,
I have not gotten an email stating anything of that sort .

<kuid2:630564:100140:9> : Asset <kuid2:630564:100140:9> is a multiplayer session but has dependencies that are not builtin and not available on the Download Station (<kuid2:630564:100134:9>)

This message is very ambiguous . Especially for nonprogrammers I would think. And it is telling me that the ROUTE I
had just sent up to DLS is NOT AVAILABLE on DLS? Now, what does that mean. I just sent it to DLS and it told me it was available there. How can a message even say that when the other session finds the ROUTE every time? Now if I had seen that message anywhere I would be asking: Why can't it find the route asset I just sent up to DLS. Why is there a content repair needed when there is only a the single line included in session rules (multiplayer) that is different than the other session. Here is what I did get in a message , which says that I have uploaded the MISSING asset !!! So, what can I do to fix this situation? I mean I can't even see the multiplayer asset that I uploaded to see any error messages since I doesn't show up in DLS, there is only a slight difference between the two sessions. What is going on ? How do they expect people to design maps when weird stuff like this comes up? You are the only one who told me about this error. Ack !!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

default-user=s40-p

to LineaxeAnd

Hi LIneAxe,

Your uploaded content listed below has been approved and will be available for download within 24 hours.

JTR COALMINE-TANE-MultiPlayerSession <KUID2:630564:100140:9>
JTR COALMINE-TANE-SinglePlayerSession <KUID2:630564:100139:9>
JTR Coal Mine Tane <KUID2:630564:100134:9>

Regards,
The Trainz Team

Start with checking locally if any of those assets has a reference to an asset that is flagged as "locally modified". This is either locally modified or a third party asset (for example an engine downloaded from Jointed Rail).
Remove all those assets from your session and route. This is mandatory to be able to use Multiplayer as everyone wanting to use that sessions has to be able to download everything from the DLS (or have it built-in).

For LineAxe. Even though that multiplayer session is marked as faulty due to missing dependencies, you can still download it. Just look for it in CM, right click and select download. Hidden assets such as this can always be downloaded even if they are marked third party.

I checked and it seems that session is using <kuid2:523:1972780:1> CNJ G3s Black which is payware. AFAIK payware cannot be used in multiplayer.

I don't know why you didn't get an e-mail but it should occur.

Hi Paul,
thanks for the quick response . In reference to
<kuid2:523:1972780:1> CNJ G3s Black which is payware.

We have used this Steam engine with success in Trainz 12 for years. We paid for it from Auran long ago. I had also tested it with TANE in 2014 when I first got TANE. Why would it stop working now ? Also the the multiplayer version :4 does show up . This area is very hard to try to troubleshoot. I can't believe Trainz would want us to remove this Steam engine or any other assets that we buy from them. We want to play together. This is THE ONLY way that we can do it. We can't just connect up to our IP's and play. We have to go through this process. We all have these assets (which somehow seem to be STOPPING us from being able to play online together).

Last edited:
Hey Paul since you are nice enough to check over my map you might want to look into the way I just how managed to use the Gates that lower onto the track . They come with 6 junctions. If you just connect up to one track and run the session you find cars will run through the small section of road intended to be connected up to other roads. Not want I wanted in this situation and so I connected a no traffic road up and then buried the road as well as the 2nd track ~ so I could just have a Gate that lower onto the track. Heh, I kinda like what you can do with surveyor. I just wish I knew more about troubleshooting these multiplayer sessions. We are all experiencing that multiplayer problem with TANE platinum up here in Canada and I am trying to look into it by getting a map that I know that worked for me as multiplayer up and running. (and enlarging it , more industries, tons of booleans and so on)..

I've never used multiplayer and cannot explain the rules and policies associated with it. You need to ask N3V about those issues. I do know you can only use built-in and DLS assets though. That loco shows as payware in TS12 SP1 for me. It appears to be a TS2009 era asset and I no longer have TS09 installed.

N3V have changed the validation of uploads to the DLS in the last few years and this is catching out quite a few assets. There are many multiplayer sessions on our "broken" list that we cannot repair for the same reasons as yours.

The CRG can, and does, replace missing dependencies where reasonable to do so. We wouldn't do that for sessions.

Hi Paul,

where can I find out more on
multiplayer and explaining the rules and policies associated with it? You need to ask N3V about those issues.

and
N3V have changed the validation of uploads to the DLS
. For us who are trying to get multiplayer routes up and running all we are getting is weird error messages that come back at us after we submit our route/session assets up to DLS. No idea where to turn to with them....

Multiplayer is mentioned in many places in the Trainz WiKi but the comments about assets needing to be on the DLS or built-in I recall Zec talking about a while back. Can't recall him saying the same about payware but the fact that you got that particular error suggests it is so.

The changes in validation are not clearly documented though occasionally you might see notes in the Trainz WiKI. Mostly a creator learns by experience. N3V did write some special pages on scripting changes similar to https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Search_for_objects_in_the_world and https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Upgrade_obsolete_script_functions. Both those pages would probably be incomprehensible to most Train users. :)

The CRG doesn't attempt to repair routes or sessions for a number of reasons. But we do repair assets used by those routes and sessions. If we see someone complaining about a particular broken asset needed to make a route/session work then we might pick that up and repair that asset. But we cannot do anything about the validation rules or the policies for multiplayer. That you need to take up with N3V.

I am wondering if that error shows up on your machine if you don't have that 'Payware asset' on your machine . I really need to know more about trainz troubleshooting so I can do the testing you are doing on the that particular payware asset when it is installed in a machine. Also, I will make a version up without the asset
Blue Comet Steam engine
to see what happens with it. I clocked 137 mph thru the industry track line and safely made it through the corners. Hate to lose them steam engines.

I am wondering if that error shows up on your machine if you don't have that 'Payware asset' on your machine . I really need to know more about trainz troubleshooting so I can do the testing you are doing on the that particular payware asset when it is installed in a machine. Also, I will make a version up without the asset to see what happens with it. I clocked 137 mph thru the industry track line and safely made it through the corners. Hate to lose them steam engines.

It will show as missing dependencies. The easiest solution is to substitute another loco that is on the DLS and somewhat similar.

During Multiplayer Surveyor testing GDennish ran his version of the PB15 at some 700+KPH. It was hard to visually keep up with it.

Back