Amherst to Truro Route (Part of the CN Springhill Subdivision)

Listing dependencies for the session, it only lists a single asset, and it is unknown and one of your own: <kuid:885247:102926>

Thanks Forester - it appears that for some reason the session is looking for the master session that it was built from (Amherst to Truro - Haze.cdp). I've since uploaded that master session to the Google Drive location, so hopefully if you download it and import it into Trainz that will resolve the missing dependency error on the original session.

I appreciate the help!

Updated version of the route

For those that are interested, I've updated the route in response to the list of unfound assets that Piere provided earlier in the thread. This new version should resolve #most# of the issues that remained in Piere’s installation. The largest issue that should now be resolved is that none of the pay ware trees Piere listed should be in the route – hopefully, they’ve been replaced by trees available on the DLS. I believe the assets listed as having been created by “elstoko” are commodity loads for the hoppers, etc., which I suspect means these should only be issues for the session, not the actual route (my guess is that if you change the commodities being hauled on the sessions' consists and save out the session, there should no longer be missing dependencies for the session). I’ve replaced most of the other assets that Piere was unable to find, but I suspect that there are some “onesies and twosies” that are left in the route that I couldn’t hunt down. If you installed the route and were left with a list of missing dependencies that was the same (or very similar) to Pieres, I’m guessing that you can open this new version of the route in Surveyor, choose the option to remove the references to the missing assets, and save a new version of the route out which should leave you running a reasonable facsimile of the route with no issues.

UPDATE- The route has been posted to the DLS. To retrieve it, open your Download Manager, and under the "Filter:" dropdown choose "Download Station". In the search line, type in either

Amherst to Truro - Session

-OR-

<KUID:885247:103514>

and download the session that shows up in the list. This should provide you with both the Amherst to Truro route, as well as a sample session that has some trains (and planes and boats) visiting different spots along the route. PLEASE NOTE- Although this *should* automatically download all assets associated with the route and session that are retrievable via the DLS, there are a lot of third-party assets that you may need to go hunting for. That said, if someone does have enough interest in the route to track those assets down, please consider saving those links and posting them to this thread to help others who might be trying to get ahold of those items.

Last edited:
G'day Michael,

Thank you very much for creating athe updated version.

There are still a few items missing:

<kuid:412949:100599>
<kuid2:368725:35001:2>
<kuid2:412949:100825:1>
<kuid:412949:100777>
<kuid:412949:100701>
<kuid2:368725:35000:2>
<kuid2:368725:25000:7>
<kuid2:368725:35004:2>
<kuid2:368725:35002:2>
<kuid:122860:101885>

But nothing that looks too important. And I've used your replacement items as a guide for fixing up my own version which I have been playing with. Thanks.

The Elstoko items are definitely part of the route and are probably the comodities associated with his "liquids loader" assset which is apparently available in the Potterie Loop Line DLC.

It's about the only thing I haven't worked out an equivalent for so far.

Is there any chance you'd mind posting an image of what it looks like please? So I can see if i can find something similar?

This is where I assume it goes. I've just put an oil loading rack there at the moment as a "guess".
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Thanks again for the update.

Cheers
Piere.

Hi Piere,

Is there any chance you'd mind posting an image of what it looks like please? So I can see if i can find something similar?

Here's a detail of the asset being used at the Amherst Petroleum location (the asset is named "LiquidsLoader" and is indeed one of elstoko's - <kuid2:368725:25000:7>):

Sj4CiOG.png

Your current substitution looks like a great choice!

Just out of curiosity, do you still have the missing assets showing up with the orange wireframe cubes similar to the screenshot you sent? I was hoping that you might be able to send along some shots of the other areas where assets are missing so that I could clean up my version of the route a little better.

Thanks,
Michael

PS- In your screenshot, there's a blue pillar visible:

GYldhOl.jpg

Is that only visible when you're in Surveyor mode, or is it also visible when you're running a session? It's actually a placeholder to represent a sound source, and should not be visible during normal gameplay. Are you running TRS19 or TRS22?

G'day Michael,

Thanks very much for that pic. Looks like I may not be too far off with the loading rack.

Yes, I do still have the missing assets boxes showing up, until I'm happy with replacing the ones I want, then I'll delete them.

These are pics from your latest version, that I could find. There's so much great detail all over the route that they're quite difficult to find.

That blue pillar is visible in both surveyor and driver, but ONLY on your original version. I don't see them at all on your latest one, in either mode. (I'm using TRS22 plus).

I'd already started "playing" with your original version, as an example below, which is why I'm sticking with that one, but using your update as a guide for any issues.

Thanks again for the great route and help with updates.

Cheers,
Piere.

When I got back from my trip, I find I have 76 unknowns from the route. I will try the update first, so no action needed at this point. Thanks!

I have photos of the Truro yard from the early 2000s I took, I spent a lot of time around the railroad back in the day. the old foot bridge over the yard was redecked a few years ago remember walking across it in my teen's fun times.

These are pics from your latest version, that I could find.

Thanks for the screenshots Piere – I’ve gone through and replaced those assets with items that I’ve utilized in other parts of the route, so that should at least resolve those issues if I post a new version.

I'd already started "playing" with your original version.

That redo of the roundhouse that you did looks fantastic! I was going to try and tackle a TRS22 version of the route once I got the TRS19 version cleaned up a little bit more, but would you be averse to providing me with a copy of your version of the route once you’re finished? Judging by the rail yard component, it looks like you’re doing some great work!

That blue pillar is visible in both surveyor and driver, but ONLY on your original version.

That’s good, but to be safe I might install a fresh CDP of the route, open it up in Surveyor, and essentially “push” all those sound placeholder columns underground (In case other people might have downloaded the route and are having the same issue).

Thanks again,
Michael

When I got back from my trip, I find I have 76 unknowns from the route.

Thanks for the information Forester. At this time, I'm trying to figure out which assets are "unfindable" or are pay ware - if an asset falls into one of those categories, then my plans are to replace it with an item that's available for free (ideally from the DLS). However, if an item isn't on the DLS but is indeed available as non-pay ware, my plans are to include a list of links to those assets so that those interested in the route can retrieve any missing dependencies. Therefore, if you have spent some time hunting down those missing assets, it would be greatly appreciated if you could provide the links to where you were able to find those CDPs.

Thanks,
Michael

I have photos of the Truro yard from the early 2000s I took, I spent a lot of time around the railroad back in the day.

I’d love to see those photos Nelson! I never got a chance to see the remnants of the roundhouse or it's out buildings in person, and now I believe they're all gone. I mostly utilized the information, photos, and illustrations at the following link to try and come up with a rough facsimile of the roundhouse layout:

https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-c...int-in-downtown-hub-of-nova-scotia-100662640/

Michael

I’d love to see those photos Nelson! I never got a chance to see the remnants of the roundhouse or it's out buildings in person, and now I believe they're all gone. I mostly utilized the information, photos, and illustrations at the following link to try and come up with a rough facsimile of the roundhouse layout:

https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-c...int-in-downtown-hub-of-nova-scotia-100662640/

Michael
Sure, I think it was torn down in 2015 can't really rember
Truro Photos: https://drive.google.com/file/d/178XViS9F6Qbh28QiH-H9gtyb-T81Upg-/view?usp=sharing

Friend of mine would know more about it.

That redo of the roundhouse that you did looks fantastic! I was going to try and tackle a TRS22 version of the route once I got the TRS19 version cleaned up a little bit more, but would you be averse to providing me with a copy of your version of the route once you’re finished? Judging by the rail yard component, it looks like you’re doing some great work!

Thanks again,
Michael

G'day Michael,

PM sent.

Cheers,
Piere.

Following some of the guidance from Piere’s findings, I’ve gone through and replaced some more of the missing dependencies with assets that should be “findable” either via the DLS or from third-party sites as non-pay ware.

UPDATE- The route has been posted to the DLS. To retrieve it, open your Download Manager, and under the "Filter:" dropdown choose "Download Station". In the search line, type in either

Amherst to Truro - Session

-OR-

<KUID:885247:103514>

and download the session that shows up in the list. This should provide you with both the Amherst to Truro route, as well as a sample session that has some trains (and planes and boats) visiting different spots along the route. PLEASE NOTE- Although this *should* automatically download all assets associated with the route and session that are retrievable via the DLS, there are a lot of third-party assets that you may need to go hunting for. That said, if someone does have enough interest in the route to track those assets down, please consider saving those links and posting them to this thread to help others who might be trying to get ahold of those items.

NOTE- I had mentioned earlier that (going by Piere’s screenshots) there might be an issue in which you see blue pillars in the scenery when you open the route, like this example:

GYldhOl.jpg

These pillars are placeholders that represent sound sources and should not be visible during normal gameplay. That said, Piere had stated that he hadn’t noticed them on the latest route updates, so hopefully they won’t be visible if you install the version that’s now available at the Google Drive link. However, if they are showing up for you, you can try a few things:

- Go into Surveyor and save the route back out (there should be no need to make any changes – the act of saving should hopefully make the pillars invisible)
- Go into Surveyor and push the pillars underground with the height tool.
- Or (if you’d rather hear the sound of silence), go into Surveyor and delete the pillars.

Hopefully, enough issues are now resolved for people to use the route and the sessions without a lot of hassle.

Thanks,
Michael

Last edited:
Here's a trio of CN SD40-2s with a mixed freight in tow.

Sweet! That's a lot of motive power you're running - you must be pulling a good collection of cars. When I was trying to run some AI around the route, I had to keep the consists quite small (around a dozen cars or so) or else everything would grind to a halt - it's nice to see someone running something a little "meatier"!

I was in Amherst yesterday after returning from the Sant Jhon train show, I didn't even think about taking a few photos. Stoped at the station for lunch there is a nice cafe in the station now they server good pizza I recommend ordering their food.

I was in Amherst yesterday after returning from the Sant Jhon train show, I didn't even think about taking a few photos. Stoped at the station for lunch there is a nice cafe in the station now they server good pizza I recommend ordering their food.

My wife and I took the train trip from Truro to Moncton and back a couple of times over the past few months (once in the fall and another late winter of this year) - I was wondering about that café, and the station in general. Is there still an area in the station building that the passengers can access while they wait for the train, or is that closed similar to the Sackville, NB station?

My wife and I took the train trip from Truro to Moncton and back a couple of times over the past few months (once in the fall and another late winter of this year) - I was wondering about that café, and the station in general. Is there still an area in the station building that the passengers can access while they wait for the train, or is that closed similar to the Sackville, NB station?
as far as I know it is open but unmanned only during train times, The waiting room was moved to were the ticket office was If I recall. Short Vid I took last year we stopped at the station cheaseing old faithful (VIA).

Back