Amherst to Truro Route (Part of the CN Springhill Subdivision)

Short Vid I took last year we stopped at the station cheaseing old faithful (VIA).

You got some nice shots of the passenger train (it was good that you were able to get scenes of it both crossing the trestle bridge and passing by Folly Lake - luckily, the track kind of does that big loop through Londonderry so that would've given you a bit of time to get from the bridge to the lake!)

I'm curious about that roundhouse pic. In the lower left it looks like there is an orange wireframe for a missing asset, but there is actually an asset sitting there?

I'm curious about that roundhouse pic. In the lower left it looks like there is an orange wireframe for a missing asset, but there is actually an asset sitting there?

Yes, that's from my version of the route.

I was going through and placing replacement assets where the missing ones were. I didn't delete the wireframes until I was happy that I had accounted for something in place for most of them.

Cheers,
Piere.

the track through Londonderry is 2% grade if your fast you can beat the train from the tussle to Lake folly, I'm looking for the track plan I have it gives all the trackside info and mileposts.

Here's a trio of CN SD40-2s with a mixed freight in tow.

Screenshot-2023-05-28-084429.png

@DARTrider - I took a closer look at your screenshot, and I noticed that you were missing a few assets when compared to the same view in my version of the route - here's the view from my setup with the missing assets circled:

gGYR63M.jpg

I identified them all from within Surveyor, and I've posted the asset information below:

"INSTALLED FROM DLS"
--------------------

<kuid:101046:103792> Trailer Canada Sobeys ver 3 DES Author: davesnow
<kuid:101046:107069> Truck Daycab wLogging Trailer static DES Author: davesnow
<kuid:328583:2140> JVC-Grass264 single with flowers Author: jankvis
<kuid2:211025:21443:1> st_rmm_kust16-d5ge_547_10m Author: rmm
<kuid2:87145:24021:2> CNR Switch Stand Main 6 Author: tlanders

"PACKAGED"
--------------------

<kuid2:328583:1444:2> JVC-Grass142 group large Author: jankvis
<kuid2:122860:100935:1> Roys_oak_dub_07_3_m5_4D_season Author: roystrainz

I believe these are all available via the DLS, so I'm a little confused why these weren't automatically downloaded from the DLS when you installed the route. I had made the assumption that that would be what would happen, but perhaps the route itself needs to be downloaded from the DLS to "trigger" the downloading of all the associated dependencies (If it is indeed the case that assets aren't being downloaded when the route is installed, there may be some pretty sparse looking Amherst to Truro routes out there)

finally downloaded this route and im really enjoying it so far. my only suggestion would be that some of the switches and turnouts are VERY tight, like less than 25m radius tight, which is too small for any north american stock really. something i'd like to see improved in a V2 but overall i think im gonna have a lot of fun driving around this map. really good stuff

some of the switches and turnouts are VERY tight, like less than 25m radius tight, which is too small for any north american stock really.

I completely agree Chris, many of the turnouts are RIDICULOUSLY tight! Some of them were so tight that the locomotives were getting stuck on them (I loosened most of those up a bit), but one was in a cramped space that I couldn't do much with, so I ended up upping the power modification on the locomotive (to, I believe, "Big Boy") to get it through the turn!

That said, I very much encourage anyone that has an interest in this route to modify it to your heart's content - make it yours! It's always fun to see what sort of improvements and upgrades people decide to do to a route (and to be honest, I'm not sure I'll have any time for a version two in the near future, so it's probably best for you to make the desired tweaks yourself!)

so after begrudgingly paying for TKI and trawling multiple russian sites to download ten or so hundred-megabyte russian dependency packs just for the sake of grabbing one or two actual needed assets from each, i'm left with three assets that aren't by roystrainz: <kuid2:60349:37100:2>,<kuid:138423:400035>,<kuid2:232345:1154:3>. any clue on where these can be found? one of them is by joram24 so i'm assuming it's a defunct RRMods asset, but the other two are foreign to me.

i'd also recommend replacing the roystrainz trees, not everyone pays for his routes and there are probably close approximations available for free.

I have <kuid2:60349:37100:1> Fence Heavy Chain. Trying List Asset Versions does not show me a :2 version, so it may be somewhere third party. My :1 version is packaged in three packages:
<kuid2:154322:100063:19> ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE
<kuid2:515942:100004:1> 1930s Cornish Mainline and Branches - Truro to Penzance
<kuid2:515942:100169:21> Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19

<kuid:138423:400035> I do not have

<kuid2:232345:1155:3> Trans-Canada Hwy EAST I see packaged in three Canadian Rocky Mountains routes (I suspect it is in all of them):
<kuid2:122860:100436:27> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC
<kuid2:122860:100316:55> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin
<kuid2:122860:100494:19> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Rogers Pass

Hi Chris,

trawling multiple russian sites to download ten or so hundred-megabyte russian dependency packs just for the sake of grabbing one or two actual needed assets from each

You didn't happen to copy the links to the CDP downloads, did you? It would probably be handy to post those locations to this thread if you did, so people would have an easier time finding the assets if they were interested in installing the route.

i'm left with three assets that aren't by roystrainz: <kuid2:60349:37100:2>,<kuid:138423:400035>,<kuid2:232345:1154:3>. any clue on where these can be found? one of them is by joram24 so i'm assuming it's a defunct RRMods asset, but the other two are foreign to me.

Following is a list of the assets in question, as well as the action taken on them:

MODIFIED
--------

<kuid2:60349:37100:2> Fence Heavy Chain Author: cab * Replaced with "Rope Bollards" (<kuid2:60238:38564:1>)
<kuid:138423:400035> Porta John Author: joram24 * Replaced with "Portable Toilet Johnny on the Spot" (<kuid:840699:100622>)

PACKAGED
--------

<kuid2:232345:1154:3> Trans-Canada Hwy WEST Author: transportfan * Removed
Roys Trees * Replaced with (hopefully) free trees from the DLS

One caveat - for the assets other than the trees, I've only replaced/removed the items where I remember them existing on the route; there may be other instances of them that I've forgotten about (however, since the objects amount to a porta potty, a small fence, and a couple of road signs, any "stragglers" can probably be ignored)

i'd also recommend replacing the roystrainz trees, not everyone pays for his routes and there are probably close approximations available for free.

As mentioned above, hopefully all the trees left in the route are now free versions downloadable from the DLS.

UPDATE- The route has been posted to the DLS. To retrieve it, open your Download Manager, and under the "Filter:" dropdown choose "Download Station". In the search line, type in either

Amherst to Truro - Session

-OR-

<KUID:885247:103514>

and download the session that shows up in the list. This should provide you with both the Amherst to Truro route, as well as a sample session that has some trains (and planes and boats) visiting different spots along the route. PLEASE NOTE- Although this *should* automatically download all assets associated with the route and session that are retrievable via the DLS, there are a lot of third-party assets that you may need to go hunting for. That said, if someone does have enough interest in the route to track those assets down, please consider saving those links and posting them to this thread to help others who might be trying to get ahold of those items.

Last edited:
That's actually an asset that Piere customized for a modified version of the route he did for TRS22 (it is a very nicely done roundhouse, isn't it?)

Thanks for the update, it is indeed very very nice. Do you by any chance have any information on the original asset please?

Thanks for the update, it is indeed very very nice. Do you by any chance have any information on the original asset please?

The original asset is <kuid:-25:922> Tside Turntable USA by Auran.

I've modified it with a higher res ground texture, height adjustable and use adjoining track.

Cheers,
Piere.

Depending on what is appealing about the turntable I used, I shoud clarify that there are also several other assets involved.

A wooden walkway spline around the pit, crossing boards on the spinner track, ballast splines under the surrounding tracks and a ground texture which blends in to the turntable texture.

Cheers,
Piere.

The route has been posted to the DLS. To retrieve it, open your Download Manager, and under the "Filter:" dropdown choose "Download Station". In the search line, type in either

Amherst to Truro - Session

-OR-

<KUID:885247:103514>

and download the session that shows up in the list. This should provide you with both the Amherst to Truro route, as well as a sample session that has some trains (and planes and boats) visiting different spots along the route. PLEASE NOTE- Although this *should* automatically download all assets associated with the route and session that are retrievable via the DLS, there are a lot of third-party assets that you may need to go hunting for. That said, if someone does have enough interest in the route to track those assets down, please consider saving those links and posting them to this thread to help others who might be trying to get ahold of those items.

Back