clam1952, Malcolm Jenkin, RIP

To Family and Friends of Malcolm, what a prince of Gentleman, I will miss his presence, my condolences during this difficult time.

I’m so very sorry to hear of Malcom’s passing. Rest in Peace, Malcolm.
My condolences to his friends and Family.

Kevin

Vey distressed and shocked to hear this… I contacted him a while back to see if he might have planned to do the Talyllyn or Corris after the L&B and whilst he planned to do the Corris as it once was, he mainly had the Penrhyn Quarry Railway under his radar to create along with a historic version of the Ffestiniog and WHR, whilst also considering Welshpool & Llanfair, Vale of Rhieldol, and Leek & Manifold since there was already stock made for all of them…

It’s sad we’ll never get to see these done now under his own creation, the Trainz community lost someone with great amount of talent today… may he rest in peace…

IMG_7328.png

Only just seeing this, I'd heard about the cancer, I figured he of all people would be able to beat it. Truly a shame, I considered him to be one of the greats of the Trainz community, especially as far as narrow gauge was concerned.
R.I.P. Malc

Only just seeing this, I'd heard about the cancer, I figured he of all people would be able to beat it. Truly a shame, I considered him to be one of the greats of the Trainz community, especially as far as narrow gauge was concerned.
R.I.P. Malc

Very few people beat lung cancer, even with immunotherapy, my cousins son died of it last year, non smoker, he was only 50, you might last a few years of you are lucky, but its one of the worst cancers to have , throw long covid into the mix and poor old Malcolm had very little chance of surviving long term.
Its a reflection of how important a contributor and just how popular Malcolm was to this community that so many have commented on his passing.
Hes left a BIG gap , unfortunately so many of our best content creators and contributors are getting old , we lost Euromodeller recently, this is another hard reminder of just how fragile our grip on life can be .

I heard of this in the latest newsletter. I didn't know he was suffering from cancer, and I am sad that he has left us. He was always very kind and helpful to everyone. It's unfortunate that we have lost another great creator, but I hope that we may be able to enjoy his creations forever.

Rest in peace, Malcolm. I hope you're in a better place now.

I heard of this in the latest newsletter. I didn't know he was suffering from cancer, and I am sad that he has left us. He was always very kind and helpful to everyone. It's unfortunate that we have lost another great creator, but I hope that we may be able to enjoy his creations forever.

Rest in peace, Malcolm. I hope you're in a better place now.

Malcolm didn't realise it was cancer, he thought it was long Covid after getting covid a previous time. He was persuaded to visit his GP, diagnosed then very shortly afterwards ended up in hospital with COVID. It all happened very quickly.

Cheerio John

This is awful news. Malc's contributions to Trainz with his narrow gauge routes and many assets are second to none.

Condolences to his family and RIP.

Very sad news to hear about today. Condolences to his family and friends both here in the Trainz community, and in real life.

:'(

I had eye surgery in Dec/22 so I've been out from the trainz world that long -- Dealing with dialysis, and heart issues myself, so thanks for N3V for posting this sad news in their community newsletter...

Malc was a great teacher -- we did not know each other on a personnel level, but he helped me understand trainz scripting many times through the years ... It saddens me to read of his passing ... Rest in peace my trainz friend ... we will certainly and deeply missed you around these forums ....

Ish

PS, My mom died from cancer in 2008 -- i hope it was painless as possible, because i now how ugly that disease can be!

Last edited:
Sorry for a late reply, I've got busy until when I'm about going to contact Marky for help to make assets, I've just discovered and now heard of replies about the passing of Malcolm: first cancer, then (late) Covid. I'm really sorry to hear the tragic whilst I felt hoping those diseases should be fixed in a not so distant future... :(

Cheers to clam1952, for trying hard to create some of the welsh railways! <3

Very sad to hear of Malc's passing.
I haven't been reading the forums much lately so I'm seeing this for the first time.
This thread should be bumped up anyway out of respect.

He was very generous with his contributions and his time. A truly talented gentleman.
May God keep his soul.

Jim

Back