Horn Sound

Cadman

Hi, I purchased the new EMD SD70 ACe NS locos. Is there an issue with the horn sound or is it really supposed to sound like that?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Hey, for us curious to know folks here, could you sample the horn sound to a YouTube video, and link it here? That would be wonderful to know what you are hearing.

There is no issue with the horn sound itself, thats how it sounds for these. Some are different obviously and you are more than welcome to change your hornsound as the end user.

At first, I had the same concern about the horn and thought something was wrong but I then watched a couple of YouTube video's and discovered that, that is what they actually sound like.

Quick video for inquiring minds regarding the horn sound. I guess the horn sounds ok but it has an instant drop off. Anyway here is the link to Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XccK09xXthE

Kevin

Thanks for this. To me, it sounds like the horn is muffled compared to the other sounds going on, in the beginning. But, other than that, the horn sounds like it is normal, to me. Perhaps, if anything, is there a way to independently adjust the horn volume?

The horn volume does seem on the low side. As for the horn sound itself, JR nailed it! I hear the NS and CN units blowing for the grade crossings in town, and it's the same horn.

Back