Trainz Living Railroad - latest news letter

Chris750

TLR looks like it is getting off the ground and I would love to have a system that can dispatch. From what I can tell this will only be available through trainz plus?, if so too bad, I would pay to have this as DLC and actually if this works, and works properly, I would even buy T22 if it were part of it.

It's definitely going to be part of Trainz Plus at some stage, when it is more mature. I doubt it will be in TRS22, more than likely to be the major selling point of a future vesion of Trainz along with HD Terrain and Surveyor2. If you want to be at the "bleeding edge" of Trainz development, there is an ongoing cost involved. If not, be patient and it will trickle down to a later version eventually.
cheers

Thanks. Well if it works it will be a reason to buy the next version that it is part of, S2.0 I can live without, but the TLR would make me actually play Trainz instead of just building. I probably have 100s of hours building and about 10 playing, probably a lot of people are like that.

Hi Chris,

I'm primarily a builder as well. Usually only run my trainz to test things. As far as Surveyor 2.0 you have more precise control over splines such as track, fences and roads. X Y Z adjust to decimal points. It has roll adjustments as well. (You could set a house on its side) Just wish they made the spline points easier to see (old man here). You can even smooth the ground under a building if you place it on a hillside. Can't wait for HD terrain.

Jack

So.......I agree with what every one is saying here.

but........what is a "Trainz living railroad " ?

Hi Chris,

I'm primarily a builder as well. Usually only run my trainz to test things. As far as Surveyor 2.0 you have more precise control over splines such as track, fences and roads. X Y Z adjust to decimal points. It has roll adjustments as well. (You could set a house on its side) Just wish they made the spline points easier to see (old man here). You can even smooth the ground under a building if you place it on a hillside. Can't wait for HD terrain.

Jack

Hi Jack; For me that still isn't enough to fire the $ down range; dragging assets from TANE > TS19 > TS22 not for me, but thank you for the feedback.

Thanks Chris,

I used to get the news letters but haven't in a while it seems.

That is likely due to them using MailChimp to send it. Many if not all modern SPAM filters consider the reputation of the sending server as identified by IP address to avoid spammers spoofing the domain name of legitimate mail servers to fool blacklisting of domain names. Mailchimp spoofs the domain name of n3vgames.com on the newsletter to allow you to whitelist it for the mail lists you want and not the ones you don't want. But because MailChimp sends out blasts of thousands of messages per second, a major indicator of a spammer, their reputation takes a hit and they get throttled by the receiving server causing the messages to bounce. Now established email protocol says that the sending server should try to resend the message every four hours for four days but MailChimp doesn't follow the protocol and they just dump the bounced messages.

That is likely due to them using MailChimp to send it. Many if not all modern SPAM filters consider the reputation of the sending server as identified by IP address to avoid spammers spoofing the domain name of legitimate mail servers to fool blacklisting of domain names. Mailchimp spoofs the domain name of n3vgames.com on the newsletter to allow you to whitelist it for the mail lists you want and not the ones you don't want. But because MailChimp sends out blasts of thousands of messages per second, a major indicator of a spammer, their reputation takes a hit and they get throttled by the receiving server causing the messages to bounce. Now established email protocol says that the sending server should try to resend the message every four hours for four days but MailChimp doesn't follow the protocol and they just dump the bounced messages.

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming most people on the forum who signed up for the newletters are still getting them.

What would I need to do start getting them sent to my email again ?

That depends on how you get your email. Step one is to check your spam folder and see if the newsletter is there. If you find it then there should be a way to mark it as NOT spam or add it to your whitelist. If it isn't in the spam folder and your email is through a company that has customer service then you should contact them to determine why you aren't getting the message. Sadly if you use Gmail then they don't really have customer support.

Back