Access to stations

rmdk

Latest t22 beta build.

Was wondering if there is any way to do the following:

I have a 5 platform through station
- I would like platforms 1 & 2 for east bound, and platforms 3 & 4 for west bound trains, leaving platform 5 for other trains.
Is there any way to get east (or westbound) trains to find an empty platform from their 2 platforms, and not select platforms for the opposite direction, or platform 5?

Hope that make sense and is understandable.

Russell

I'm using the interlocking towers to set the platform for every trainz based to the entrance tracks

Sounds ok but I want the platform selection to be random of either of the 2.

Thanks for your suggestion.

The only way I can think of is:-

Place a TM on the track approaching platforms and name it "station name E(1)" and "station name E(2)" for eastbound." station name W(3)" and "station name W(4)" for westbound.
Use the rule "set schedule at TM" and select a TM then enter the "drive to" command selecting the platform matching the TM number.

In your drivers schedule use "drive to TM list" and select station name E, any available. Follow this with load if the train has to stop. I have done this method with selecting tracks at the coal mine with 4 tracks.

I use <kuid2:61392:1050:14> DriveToTrackmarkList (SP2 and later) in the drive schedule. You can set it up to DriveTo- all trackmarks in list
- first not occupied trackmark in list
- random not occupied trackmark in list

Sounds ok but I want the platform selection to be random of either of the 2.

Thanks for your suggestion.

the IT script consider if there is more than one route from a certain starting point and decides which on is the suitable for the trainz request

Hello Stagecoach,

I have the driver command "drive to/through trackmarklist..........", but when I click on it it says - "No Trackmark List Available" (or similar).

Can you give me any hints about what I am doing wrong.

Russell

You need to place a track marks and name them "trackmarkPlatformE [1]", "trackmarkPlatformE [2]" and "trackmarkPlatformW[1]", "trackmarkPlatformW [2]". Make sure trackmark is in lower case.

Last edited:
Got it up and running. It's a good command that is usable across my layout.

Appreciate your help and assistance.

I am glad you got it working, have fun. Yes, I use it at a shipyard where trains stage. They just come in and pick a free track to park on.

Back