Question from a non owner - HD Terrain Beta

rss334

Hi, I saw today in my email Trainz is still working to improve the game and I see many here are helping to make that happen; Good to see congratulations to all involved. Upfront I have not been a fan of Trainz 2022, currently I don't own the game however I buy a membership sporadically each year to check the progress because Trainz is really the only game that contains the ability to build an industrial route with many junctions and surprises. To the credit of everyone here and the developers during my last review the game had improved in regards to performance, lighting, and graphics so I see the progress.

I also saw that these latest improvements (HD Terrain) may come to beta in April. When the beta comes out will it be available in the gold monthly subscription or would I need to wait on until it's in the release build? Keeping an eye on this thread as the new terrain is looking promising - good job to all.

Thanks

Looking at the Trainz 22 store page, both the standard and Gold monthly subscriptions come with the Trainz Plus version, which is the beta version with the new features. They needed extra testing for HD terrain with the understanding that all HD terrain in the Alpha would be thrown away, thus it wasn’t available to regular Trainz Plus.

Looking at the Trainz 22 store page, both the standard and Gold monthly subscriptions come with the Trainz Plus version, which is the beta version with the new features. They needed extra testing for HD terrain with the understanding that all HD terrain in the Alpha would be thrown away, thus it wasn’t available to regular Trainz Plus.

Thank you for clarifying.

For a little more clarification, Trainz Plus Beta stream is available to all Trainz Plus Std and Gold members. Prior to each official release, we run a Trainz Plus Beta test so that we get a wide range of users testing the new features.

This means we get testing on a far wider range of hardware using a huge variety of content that may not even be available to our internal qa testers.

Once those beta testers have identified new issues and those are resolved, we release the "official" Trainz Plus update. The goal for the official build is a stable, build with a fully working set of features, although they may not be in their "final" state (not that anything really ever is).

In other words, the official releases aren't considered beta versions.

I just got an email advising the beta should be out later this month, "should be".....
If I understand correctly if we have the gold subscription we should be able to get the beta version. I tried to install it when I installed Trainz + but it said there was not one available. I'm actually excited to see the improvements of HD terrain, the game has come a long way since my prior reviews and provided the HD terrain is on par with what I've seen in screenshots I'll be ready to change my past opinions and recommend people come back and give it another look.

rss334 and rss0900334 seem to be the same person. While technically this is not a violation of the code of conduct of this forum, it is strongly discouraged as it is often used to circumvent a imposed ban by the moderators and/or N3V staff or to bully and harass other members. I would suggest that this person use only the account showing registered versions of the game.

Now to the question of the release of the beta. Tony and the programmers live in a part of Australia where the flow of time is different than the rest of the world. The term "later this month" does not mean the current month of April 2023 but instead using the exclusive Gold Coast Calendar™ refers to some time in the month of May 2023.

rss334 and rss0900334 seem to be the same person. While technically this is not a violation of the code of conduct of this forum, it is strongly discouraged as it is often used to circumvent a imposed ban by the moderators and/or N3V staff or to bully and harass other members. I would suggest that this person use only the account showing registered versions of the game.

Now to the question of the release of the beta. Tony and the programmers live in a part of Australia where the flow of time is different than the rest of the world. The term "later this month" does not mean the current month of April 2023 but instead using the exclusive Gold Coast Calendar™ refers to some time in the month of May 2023.

Yep same person but no not malicious, rather someone who checks in on Trainz every year or so to see what is happening and probably could not get one id to work correctly so created another. Thanks for the clarification, no complaints on the timelines just wanted to get an update. If the HD terrain is as advertised, I look forward to changing my recommendation on this game as all my past complaints are no longer issues. Big credit to the development team and the community that did not give up on it.

Great job to all involved

To the developers, testers, and contributors

Wanted to say congratulations to all involved Trainz with the new HD terrain has come along way. I HAVE NOT been involved in any aspect in this success, but felt it warranted to acknowledge all those who stuck with it and made it what it is today. The performance is good, the graphics and lighting engine much improved, and the HD terrain icing on the cake. The route building tools seem very good but time constraints currently prevent me from doing more than just poking around with it from time to time.

As mentioned this is a simulation/game that I would now recommend people take a second look at

Good job to all and best wishes for the years ahead

Back