Script troubles

hholdenaz

After putting a new script into a locomotive, I got these error messages:

- <kuid:351561:101368> : VE197: Syntax error in script 'lilbloco.gs' for asset <kuid:351561:101368> "LNER J11 64364"
- <kuid:351561:101368> : VE220: Could not read file lilb_loco.gs.

But that's not true at all, THAT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL! There's no such thing as a syntax error and the script file CAN be read!

Can somebody please tell me how to fix this glitch?

Last edited:
Does the script GS file exist in the asset or is it referenced through a script-include-table?

If the script does exist in the asset then even a minor change can mess up the script parsing resulting in errors such as those you quoted.

Funny you ask that: I pasted the GS file into the asset folder and even put a table. Not sure why the error is happening

Funny you ask that: I pasted the GS file into the asset folder and even put a table. Not sure why the error is happening

You don't need both and in this situation just the gs file should work plus the "script" and "class" tags in the config.

If you need more help you can find me in Trainz Discord. It would be quicker than the forums.

For anyone watching, this problem was caused by an old Trainz Build in the config (TB2.4). Changing it to 3.7 solved it.

Back